main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post-release Spoiler Rules and Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    AotC slowing down?? No way. It's one of the most active forums out there right now. There's so much new stuff in the SW universe right now that all angles haven't been exhausted. Remember the DVD has brought up tons of new ideas.

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I thought AOTC DVD discussion had already slowed down alot.

3. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, that's all just my opinion anyway. As far as last week or so when I was still actively moderating in there, I thought it was quite busy.

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Well maybe, you are right and not noticed. :)

A merger is merely something I think would be good. And it seems alot more disagree. :)

Ah well. I'll continue to fight the good fight until you all come around. ;)

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The dark side has clouded my vision.

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I don't see a problem with the merger. A lot of times in AotC, I would find threads related to TPM too much.. and the only other place was to send them to was Misc. and I honestly didn't think that Misc. would be the best place for certain discussions in there.

7. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    I think at this point in time, a MERGER would be a good idea. The DVD and IMAX versions have been out for a while now so the start of new topics has slowed down, although activity in the AOTC forum is high as usual. The TPM forum is extremly slow.

I agree that moving the TPM forum to the inactive forums is a good idea. Then rename Attack of the Clones, Episode I-II. Perhaps rename the Classic Trilogy forum, Episode IV-VI.

I think everybody can read Roman numerals right? :)

8. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    New Layout...?

Episode III (Spoilers Allowed) - Discussion on the third and final chapter in George Lucas' exciting Star Wars Saga! The end of the beginning! Anakin's final transformation! Darth Vader's emergence! The death of Jedi! The Birth of twins! The only place at the JC where you can discuss Episode III spoilers. A New Hope Spoilers are also allowed.

Episode III (Non-Spoilers) - Discuss Episode III without fear of being spoiled!

Episode I-II - Discussion forum for Attack of the Clones & The Phantom Menace.

Episode IV-VI - A forum for those who remember, for those who will never forget, and for those who are experiencing the original trilogy for the very first time. Discuss Episodes IV, V and VI to your heart's content.

Star Wars Music - The place to discuss the Star Wars music. From Duel of the Fates to fan made music, anything about Star Wars music is allowed.

Lucasfilm Projects - You can discuss other Lucasfilm projects here, ILM work, etc.. that are not directly SW, but do have the LFL connection

Star Wars Miscellaneous - For the Discussion of anything Star Wars that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm against the idea of merging the two forums right now. I think that they are both able to survive on their own.

10. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "although activity in the AOTC forum is high as usual. The TPM forum is extremly slow."

So if the two were merged, wouldn't the vast majority of discussion then be about AotC?

"Perhaps rename the Classic Trilogy forum, Episode IV-VI."

I much prefer Classic Trilogy. It sounds better.

Amazing.

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I still think it's way too early to lump AotC with TPM.

12. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    Well, Amazing, the Classic trilogy forum has equal discussion of all three of the OT movies. It would be no different in the new Episode I-II forum. Perhaps more people will be exposed to discussion about The Phantom Menace. I agree though, that we should wait a few months before a MERGER. AOTC is still a hot forum.

13. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    If one and two have there own forums, why dont 4,5,and 6? Its obvious to me that they should be combined. Not today but like in march or may after a plan is worked out.

Axl.

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    ANH, ESB, and ROJ have been out for 20 years. Many people see these as a trilogy, and not three individual movies.

TPM and AOTC have only been out for 3.5 and .5 years, respectively. Most current discussions just focus on one film, and not both of them.

Hopefully, one day, people will see Star Wars as one giant Saga, and not six individual movies.

15. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    And to help that, I still feel that the two forums should merge. I think they would work nicely together.

16. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I wouldn't be sad if they merged OT, TPM, and AOTC into one forum. At least we'd be free to discuss the whole saga instead of having to be so exact. [/color]

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, considering there's a new forum on the way that's dedicated to saga discussion, I'd say that's a moot point.

18. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well considering I didn't know that....... :p[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.