main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Era Theories

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Cyber Spark, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not much of a one - especially when it came to tie-in material.

And we're not talking about Boba as "a foundling" - we're talking about Jango.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But I'm not talking about tie-in material that the creator of the characters had no involvement in.

Same thing. The reason why they keep ignoring what Lucas established is only to make Boba (through Jango) a Mandalorian.

Jango is an extension of the Boba Fett concept. Jango is not a Mandalorian, therefore a clone of Jango Fett isn't a Mandalorian either.

The whole idea is that they are bounty hunters. Individualistic, vagrant loners who happen to wear customized/salvaged Mandalorian armor. The opposite of that particular regimented, military culture from which the armor they happen to wear came from. And this distinction dates back to the inception of the character.

3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Except they didn't. The Mandalorian emphasises that because Boba, unlike his "father" chose not to join the Mandalorian culture, and doesn't identify as Mandalorian, he isn't Mandalorian.

The only character who Lucas and Filoni have say Jango is "just a common bounty hunter" is Almec - a proven liar.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    *sigh*

I'm talking OOU, not in-universe. The motive, not the explanation they chose to give to hide/justify their motive.

A proven liar on what he lied about, not on everything he says. The only reason why he said what he said is because Lucas wanted to make it clear that Jango is not a Mandalorian, but simply a bounty hunter who wore Mandalorian armor.

If anyone knows what Jango/Boba is and isn't, and who is and isn't a Mandalorian, it's the guy who created them.

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    That last bit was close though. They WERE going to have Anakin mistakenly believe Obi-Wan and Padme were having an affair, then left it out.

Dannik Jerriko and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelisation has Anakin entertaining the belief for a short period, before dismissing it.

naw ibo and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  7. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Did anyone else visit the SUPERSHADOW website? That site was all fake news, but still funny. It had (terrible) spec scripts for a sequel trilogy.

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I remember imagining that Episode II would have a massive wedding ceremony for Anakin and Padme on Coruscant, which was then interrupted by an invading clone army.

Billy_Dee_Binks and CampOfSorgan like this.
  9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I recall many not knowing anything about the story pre AOTC and thus surprised when the clones were formed for the Republic. The mystery surrounding that lasted years on these boards. Also what Jedi survived Geonosis was my favorite thread on these boards.
    Most figured Anakin and Padme would marry in Ep 2 and that the Clone Wars would start. The fun speculation was who would help Sidious as an apprentice? I pictured a green skin alien (there is one concept art of one) as next Sith Lord.
    Ep. 3 was to finish the Clone Wars as then most figured Palpatine would put Anakin into a tough predicament.

Cyber Spark and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    One of the few things I recall: after the TPM trailer came out and Palpatine looks “normal,” i remember reading the idea that ROTJ Emperor looked that way because of all the cloning—that is to say, the idea was that the ROTJ Emperor was a copy of a copy of a copy of the original Palpatine.

I think as children some of us thought that the “Clone Wars” were about a “foreign” army of clones that invaded the Old Republic, not a civil war. As such, the clones being stormtroopers who fought alongside the Jedi was an inversion of expectations, and a quite brilliant one at that, but I don’t remember any hubbub about it.

Cyber Spark and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    My PT theory is that Supershadow is actually Mike Zeroh.

But yeah, I remember him. When SS would claim he had lunch with Lucas at the mall or something and that's when Lucas gave him the scripts.

Those were fun days.

12. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I don't particularly recall hearing any bizarre rumors or theories from the prequel film days, but reading these posts are interesting.

whostheBossk likes this.