main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE23 Programming speculation/discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Feb 1, 2023.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So last week they started to send out confirmations to the people who had applied to be part of the programming at CE. I don't think things are officially announced or settled yet, but I have seen posts around where people claim that they have gotten accepted.

So far I've heard about one Star Wars Drag, which to me sounds fabulous and one of my must sees.

Fanthatracks.com have also had several of their pods accepted for the podcast stage.

Have you heard of any other?

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Starwarsologies got accepted too. They invited me a a panel guest, so I'll talk about palaeontology / history of life -inspired things in SW. This is probably the first Cele where I can count it as a 'conference' instead of taking days off work. xD

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    With the announcement of Rosario Dawson it seems like an Ahsoka panel is a fire gone conclusion, if it wasn’t so already.

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And with a slew of ROTJ actors I also think we will see a ROTJ panel, but possibly without any of the big names.

5. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    Definitely. I admit I wasn’t aware that the actress who played Mon Mothma in ROTJ was still alive.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's been a bit of speculation in Lit that an announcement of the ROTJ: From a Certain Point of View book might be announced. Makes sense if there's a focus on ROTJ..

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    UK Celebrations are always light on the EU/books programming, and have had fewer authors as guests. It'd be nice if that changes this year, a FACPOV panel would be great.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A lot of the authors are US-based so the publishers might not want to foot the bill for international travel. Having said that, I met Jason Fry at the last London Cele. He occasionally posts over in our Lit forum.

9. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Wow. Does Celebration really not compensate travel costs for authors?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure how it works. It could also be down to travel time involved. The minimum flight time from the US to the UK would probably be about 7-8 hours (JFK-LHR).

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I would imagine there will at least be a High Republic panel this year.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The main panels have been announced here: https://www.starwarscelebration.com/en-us/panels.html
    Friday - Lucasfilm studio showcase - the opening panel with cast and crew from the Mandalorian and Andor
    Saturday - Ahsoka
    Sunday - Villains of the Sequel trilogy
    Sunday - A look back at Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Sunday - Disney Parks
    Monday - Bad Batch
    Monday - Star Wars Visions volume 2
    Monday - Closing ceremony

I'm surpised over the lack of important panels on Friday and Saturday compared to Sunday and Monday, but they might add panels there. I definitely lack an ROTJ retrospective panel.

Personally I'm interested in the studio showcase and Obi Wan Kenobi, but will probably give the others a pass.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    I think they could replace the ST Villains panel with a ROTJ panel. I expect more ST programming in 2025 for the TFA anniversary, but it seems like they shoehorned the villains panel to thruw Ian and Andy a bone.

14. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    The Resistance Broadcast announced that they will be hosting a live podcast panel.

15. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Studio showcase sounds like a fun way to kick things off. Given it's called Lucasfilm and not Star Wars showcase. I really hope they indulge my Indiana Jones fandom at that panel as well, given how Dial of Destiny is fast approaching.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And now they have added a bunch more of main panels so we get an Andor panel on Friday and the ROTJ 40th anniversary panel is on Saturday. There are also a High Republic and two design panels, one with Doug Chiang. Saturday will also have a Clone Wars 15th anniversary panel.

For me Andor, ROTJ 40 and the Showcase panels are the most interesting, but I wouldn't mind getting into one of the creators panel, no matter if it's costumes, concept or creatures.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I highly recommend the Doug Chiang panel - the one he did at the last Londen Cele was very good.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Amon_Amarth likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    HoloNet News (Podcast) Stage and Kids Stage still not announced but here's the full schedule and all fan events so far in a spreadsheet so you can see at a glance how everything lines up

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Amon_Amarth likes this.
  20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    For the holonet stage the panelists have until today to do a dinal confirmation of all details, so Inexpect a schedulenin the coming week.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
  22. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    Any idea how the other panels are going to work?

23. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Probably normal queuing

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The programs for the fanstage, collectors stage and the university stage is up on the panels listing - https://www.starwarscelebration.com/en-us/panels.html

As usual I find that this is where you find the real gems of both really deep dives into everything Star Wars and a great take on what we do as fans. I definitely want to see the Star Wars Drag panel, but there are plenty of interesting panels.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And now there is a sign-up for the Obi-Wan Kenobi panel up as well, so it will be lottery based.