main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Putting the "transpari" in "transparisteel"- Diary of a Window Washer

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snowspeeder_gunner, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Name-Putting the "transpari" in "transparisteel"- Diary of a Window Washer
    Characters- OC, maybe some guests from canon
    Timeframe- Clone Wars
    Author- snowspeeder_gunner

MM/DD/YY

Mom sent me this special data-diary for my birthday. I don't know what she thinks I have to write about. She probably should have sent it to Wilona, she's the writer of the family. And she knows how to use all of these little gadgets. I can't even figure out how to put the date in.

My hands are pruny, again. I guess that's to be expected, seeing as they've been soaking wet all day.

Since it was only my second day, I asked around to see if this will stop happening. I mean, I can hardly type on this stupid diary, my hands are so stiff!

Mr. Drye says this job gets easier after your hands get used to the chemicals in the soap. And the being wet all day. And the being cold all day. He's a Mon Cal though, so I don't think he really understands why the wet is so uncomfy for a human.

But he's my boss, so of course he'll say it gets easier. From way the interview went, I gathered that he's a bit hard up for employees.

Di Cul, the Head TMT of my team, told me to shut up and keep washing when I asked him if his hands were pruny.

Salgy, one of the other two TMTs on our team, who is about 400 years old and has a bright green beard, told me that another part of Di Cul's anatomy is pruny.

As you can see, I'm working with some classy folks.

The only nice person is Treysla Cralc, who is the only girl and the only other nonhuman besides Mr. Drye. She gave me some sort of cream that she said would make my hands feel better.

Okay this is stupid, I'm not writing any more.

-Pellu Cid, Translucency Maintenance Technician

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Salgy, one of the other two TMTs on our team, who is about 400 years old and has a bright green beard, told me that another part of Di Cul's anatomy is pruny.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Wow, what nice people Pellu Cid works with. [face_laugh]

Would you PM when you update? Seems to be funny.

Great start!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    funny writing and if you have a PM list you can put me on it.

4. Darth_BunnyBuggs

Darth_BunnyBuggs Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2009
    Okay this is stupid, I'm not writing any more.

This is PM list worthy.

-D_BB-

5. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Haha! He'll have all sorts of fun stuff happen, I'm sure! His coworkers sound interesting, to say the least.

I guess it goes without asking, but, may you please put me on your PM list?

6. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    This sounds like a riot in the making, snowspeeder_gunner. I can't wait to see who shows up and what this guy thinks of them.

Specterace

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Haha, very cool so far! PM me too please!! [face_laugh]

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm going to enjoy this one. I can tell! Please include me on your PM list!

=D=

9. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    Put me on the PM list please. This looks good.

10. frodogenic1

frodogenic1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    Heh heh...I like this. Looks very original. Slip me in on the PM list, I think Id like to see more. Love the banter between your OCs, and especially the strong voice of your narrator. Mark of a good writer. :)

11. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Thanks for reading guys!!! [:D]

Ceillean Heehee, yeah, these people are kinda nutty.:p
    earlybird[:D] I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!
    Darth_BunnyBuggs Haha thanks! And thanks also for reading!
    Lolly_Tolly:D Hooray! I'm glad you like it! And yeah, they are pretty "interesting" :p
    Specterace Awesome! Thanks so much for reading!
    Qui-Gon_Reborn Thanks for reading! :D
    VaderLVR64 Yay! I'm hope you enjoy the rest!
    jazjediundercover Thanks for reading! :D
    frodogenic1 [face_blush] Awww thanks! Here's some more!

!*/#,///

So I kinda figured out how to enter some information in the date column, but I could only get the "Special Characters" to work. I wish Wilona was here, she could tell me how to use this idiotic thing, not that I like it. I'm just dying of boredom over here.

Mostly I just sit in my little apartment when I'm not at work. I still read holobooks all the time, of course, but other than that I do nothing. Nothing. But hey, you know me- Thrillmaster McExcitement.

Work is still awful. My hands are still pruny, and its been a week. My arms are always itchy- Mr. Drye says it's a reaction to the chemicals in the water. Splendid. I'm so glad I'm allergic to my job.

Today we were washing the windows of a manufacturing plant down in The Works. Let me tell you- the place was filthy. And by filthy, I mean probably illegal and the sketchiest place most of us had ever been. I say most of us because Salgy didn't really look out of place. Apparently, he's been to The Works before, back in his days of "Varmint Huntin ".

Funnily enough, the rest of us had never noticed the existence of the the booming granite slug hunting business, but then, most of us aren't creepy old men.

Di, who thinks he's the gods gift to Coruscant in the form of a window washer, really got on my nerves today. He gave me some big lecture about how I was not dedicated to work enough, and that my "lack of enthusiasm" was not going to get me far in the washing biz. Well kriff. There goes my future!

Trey was nice again today. She gave me this nifty brush that takes alot of the work out of the scrubbing. So my wrist doesn't hurt as much. I don't know why she doesn't have Di's job as head TMT, as she gets through about 3 times the work as the rest of us. Granted, she does have six arms.

Alright, I have to go do nothing now. And I'm hoping to fit some nothing in before I go to bed.

Pellu Cid, Translucency Maintenance Technician.

[hr]

Thanks for reading, my friends! [face_hugs]

12. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    [face_laugh]

So he can't even put in numbers? Wow!

And his comments about his boss and Di are hilarious. Gee, I wonder how much enthusiasm you can get from window washing? And six arms would figure to give someone a hell of an advantage...

I wonder what he'll have to say about washing Padme's windows. Or Palpy's...

Specterace

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Loved it! =D=

14. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    How can he write an entry and not put in a date? LOL.

15. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Haha, very nice!! =D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see this funny entry and the Works that means he is going to meet somebody[face_thinking]

17. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    ROFL!!

I'm loving this already! Nothing like the musings of someone that 'loves' their job.

Please add me to your PM list. Looking forward to more.

=D=

18. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Go, you little device! Give him hell! :p

Awesome update! Di's a... a um... mean person. :p Thanks for the PM!

19. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Great stuff! Could you add me to your PM list? Thanks!

20. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Translucency Maintenance Technician [face_laugh]

This is a wonderful story! I love the humor and all the different characters in the team! I'd love to be on the PM list for this!

21. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Specterace-- Haha, yeah, Pellu is a little bit technically challenged. And he will certainly be washing some interesting windows. [face_mischief]

VaderLVR-- Thanks so much for reading!

jazjedi-- I have no idea how that is possible, haha. I guess he's just talented. :p

Qui-Gon_Reborn-- Yay! I'm glad you liked it!

earlybird-- Thanks for reading![:D] I think you are correct. [face_mischief]

92SE-R-- Yeah, Pellu is not very excited about it, is he?

Lolly-- Hey, don't cheer on the evil datapad! :p Thanks for reading!

IsithTorin_DarkJedi--Thanks so much for reading! Oh, and btw, the line in your sig is basically my motto for life. :p

Muis-- Yayayayay! I'm glad you liked it! :D

00/00/00

You know, the date is not even that important. It's not like anyone is ever going to read this. Including me- I think I might just keel over from boredom if I have to actually READ (See, I can do all caps now! No more just relying on SpellFix to automatically capitalize the first words of sentences for meeeeeeee!) about my life.

Oh and it's official- my hands are going to be permanently pruny. It's been three and a half weeks. I mean, come on.

Today was one of those boring days, of course. We are still in The Works, which is still sketchy. And Di is still incredibly obnoxious. Today he informed me that I "have no backbone" and that my life is headed for "a Sarlacc pit of mediocrity".

Right, and he is bound for ETERNAL GLORY as the greatest Head Translucency Maintenance Technician the galaxy has ever seen! Dear sweet kriffing gods in the heavens. Yeah, [i]he's[/i] definitely avoided mediocrity. Right.

Trey introduced us all to her boyfriend today. So there went the only single female in my life. And she had six hands, too!

Tomorrow we're cleaning some random old abandoned weapons manufacturing building. Salgy had a meltdown when Di said we weren't going to get to it today; apparently Salgy is really excited about seeing half rotten manufacturing machines.

Ol' Sal invited me to come drinking with him tonight, but I told him I had plans. I don't of course, but I would rather drown myself in my bucket of TranspariClean than be with that creepy old man any longer than I have to. I'm pretty sure there's something living in that crazy old green beard of his.

I really missed Wilona today. When I was watching my little crappy holovision, one of those old "Ship Raiders" movies came on. It's not as much fun to quote the whole thing by yourself.

-Pellu Cid, The Mediocre Translucency Maintenance Tech

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    this entry brought a smile on my face[face_laugh]

working in the works but that can be scary. You know who is there[face_skull]

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Hilarious! [face_laugh]

Today was one of those boring days, of course. We are still in The Works, which is still sketchy. And Di is still incredibly obnoxious. Today he informed me that I "have no backbone" and that my life is headed for "a Sarlacc pit of mediocrity".

Right, and he is bound for ETERNAL GLORY as the greatest Head Translucency Maintenance Technician the galaxy has ever seen! Dear sweet kriffing gods in the heavens. Yeah, he's definitely avoided mediocrity. Right.

Trey introduced us all to her boyfriend today. So there went the only single female in my life. And she had six hands, too!

[face_laugh] =D=

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Now why would six hands be so important? [face_mischief][face_laugh]
    Yeah...I liked that part. But that's me and my brain, yes. :p

But poor Pellu. Pruny hands for eternity, huh?
    Hope they'll be someone to help him un-prune his hands soon. ;)

25. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    =D=

I wonder what's going to happen the day after this if they are going to have to work another day in the works... [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.