main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH ~*~ Queencity Premier Party for Attack of the Clones! ~*~

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    The Queencity Force is Proud to Announce the plans for the Premier of Attack of the Clones!

On Thursday, May 16th, our Chapter is planning a Lazerweb Party, then viewing of Attack of the Clones to follow! All Times are to be Announced!!

So, what do we get if we come? Potientally this is what we can offer to you, your friends, family and whoever else you want to bring!

Unlimited Play at Lazerweb for 4-6 hours. (still hammering out this detail!) Each game can play up to 30 per game on a two level arena. During our party any music can be played while we play in the arena. Inbetween play we can hit the arcade they have, and we'll feed ya too! During this time, if we reach our goal of folks, the doors will be closed to the general public, enless you are connected to the Queencity Force. In order to get in your name will be on a list. And your ticket must be have been pre-bought.

During the party there will be great give aways, best costume, and much much more! Along with potiental cover by Channel 12!!

After the party we will head over to Showcase Cinema Springdale, for our showing of Attack of the Clones, where we'll be met by Fox 19 for Press Coverage for our Club!

And how much is all this fun going to cost!? Is I know what your asking yourself! It will be 25.00 a head per adult. I'll get quotes for children.

The 25.00 includes, Lazerweb, Food (Pizza and pop) and your movie ticket to ATOC!!

In order to make this happen, we need YOUR HELP! If you are going to Celebration2, we're asking that you download flyers about our Chapter, tell folks about us, and talk to them about our party if they are local or unlocal to Cincinnati! Anyone can come to our groups party who is passionate about StarWars!

If you have comic book stores, RPG shops and other places StarWars Fan go, take flyers to them, to get the word out about our Group! The goal of this party is 80 people! That means each of us here on the board can ask 3 people to come to the party, we can reach this goal! It's not difficult! Just start asking! It's amazing how many folks are willing to come!

This should be a really fun event, but we need you to help us make this a reality! So let's get moving, and make this party a reality!

Thank you!
    The Staff of the Queencity Force!

2. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Man, that $25.00 package is a sweet deal!! :eek: :D
    You read what Lotus had to say guys, so let's make this event happen!! I already have 1 extra person coming with us, and that's only a beggining!! :)

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    That's true, and even if 80 people looks a little big, I believe it can be easily done. Our group is already about 20 people strong, so if every one of us can bring 1 to 3 people along, and with the flyers posted in comic stores and distributed at C2, we'll make that fun event happen!! It will make the event even more fun if we can have that pre-movie party! (I really can't wait to play Laser Tag with some of you guys, especially "Eddie" wanabees and people bragging "I got a Dooku, I got a Dooku!!".... Ahhhhhh, you got a Dooku, well, take this! ~!ZAP!~ :eek: ) :D

4. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Is this showing of AOTC going to be the midnight showing? If so, then the Lazerweb stuff would be on May 15. Overall, it sounds really awesome. You can count me in!

5. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    If a midnight showing does take place, that would be correct. No official times are released yet; so wait for updates to show up in this thread.

I look forward to having a blast! [face_laugh]

6. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    imp: You'll enjoy having a blast alright, a laser blast from ME Woooohaaahahhhahha

Ludo: Yeah I got a dooku! and a laser gun....pointed right at ya!!!!

I know that i can get several people, probably at least 5, maybe more

7. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah! Sounds great! Keep 'em comin'!

8. Geekzapoppin

Geekzapoppin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 1999
    *sniffle*

*loud weeping*

Right now I'm kicking myself for having a rehearsal that night. IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! Excuse me. I need to be alone right now.

*crawls into dark cave and shakes intermittently*

9. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeeeaaah! I got your blast alright, padawan. I got your blast right here! And I'm going to fry you right out of the arena! You want a blast?!? I'll give you a blast! [face_laugh]

Oh, man, geekzapoppin. Why'd you have to go and do a crazy thing like that? :( I was looking forward to us blasting the Poodu out of the young pups! Can't you just change the schedule? Especially since you made it?

Qui-Gon_Ludo, Aren't you one of those "Eddie Wannabes" too?!? :D We'll just have to see who ends up caught Somewhere in Time!

10. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
  11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Let's make this event happen, it will be a lot of fun!! :)

And ImperialRecruiter, when you'll get out of that arena, you 'll know why you always had that Fear of the Dark !!! :D

12. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Just remember to do this, Qui-Gon_Ludo...

Die With Your Boots On!!!

If we can get this party together, it'll be a great opportunity to expand our numbers and really compete with the Indy Knights for number of members!!!

I've already invited 2 folks who might be able to make it. I've got some more to get to though; so there's more work ahead!

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Cool, I am working on a few other people too...
    By the way guys, in case anybody think they can beat me in the arena, just ask ImperialRecruiter about my fighting skills, I gave him a taste of it with that Star Wars water gun yesterday.... ;) ~!SPLASH!~ :D

14. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    If only this party was scheduled for another day, I could bring 5 other people. My sister is coming home from college for the weekend on May 17. She's bringing 4 of her friends with her. The six of us are going to see AOTC on Friday night. Of course, I'll already have seen it 2-3 times already by then.

Along with the actual release of AOTC, this party is making the wait for the next 2 weeks unbearable. I don't know how everybody else is doing it, espescially with so many of you going to Celebration II.

Everybody will feel the power of the Dark Side and DarthStew, the master of Lazerweb! Don't make me bust out the Force Lightning.

15. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah, Ludo had some great LUCK with a water pistol. Too bad it was Amidala's throne blaster pistol. Strong enough for a man, but made for a Woman!!! [face_laugh]

Stew, I've got you under my guns for a little Lazer lightning buddy!

The more folks we get, the better the party will be!!!!

16. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I gotta bow on this one. my girlfriend is flying in town on the 16th and I already have some very special things planned for us. The laser games sound cool, I used to be Top Gun at Q-Zar whenever I played and would love the chance to see if my skills are still tight, but I think what I have planned will be a little more fun ;)

17. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    If it's not too late, count me in! I've played at LazerWeb on numerous occassions and I'll be happy to show all you youngins how it's done.

18. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    I just had a couple more thoughts that you may want to keep in mind while planning this event:

1) If you play lazer tag, then you will get hot and sweaty. Add having a costume on and that'll make you hotter and sweatier. Thus, you will have a most foul stench about you.

2) If I recall from Episode I, I went to the 12:30am showing and arrived at the theater at around 10 - 10:15 and the place was already very crowded. Thus, if you want your choice of seats, showing up earlier may be better.

My point, you may be stinky and sweaty by the time you get to the time. And, by the time you finish playing and get to the movie, you may end up in either the front row or last row.

19. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    it all depends on the time and homework load for me.

20. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Ah! Regular stuff to play in, then costumes for the movie. I thought about that hot and stuffy sweaty thing also. I'm planning on black costume, YUCK, after sweating. It's like this rule we had when we worked Renaissance Faires, "You can look period, but you don't have to smell period."

So bring a change of clothes. Them me go back and look at the rest of the post. Don't want to miss anything.

:)

21. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    /heavy sarcasm/ There's nothing quite so charming as the smell of old sweat and popcorn. Just makes you want to chug on Pepto Bismal to keep it all down! [face_laugh]

I think the idea of not wearing costumes at Lazer Web is a good idea. It would be aweful to have a great outfit ruined by pit stains, especially with all the work put into them.

We may be able to reach our goal of 80 much easier. A contact was made at the Celebration who may just be able to get approximately 20 people to join our group! Wouldn't that be awesome to swell our numbers!

22. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    where does this all stand now with our current situation??? we know now that showcase has the movie! personally, i work till 5, so if the party went from 5-8 or 9 and then we went to an evening showing...but then again we may only be able to pull in like 2 people if things keep going the way they do

23. Croda

Croda Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm planning on coming down on the weekend from Indianapolis to see Ep. II digitally. Are there two digital screens at the Showplace Cinemas Springdale? Looking at the listings they are staggered a half hour apart. Please let me know. Can't wait!

24. Geekzapoppin

Geekzapoppin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 1999
    Springdale only has one digital theater. You'll need to confirm ahead of time which one so you don't get tix to the wrong auditorium.

25. Croda

Croda Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Cool, thanks Geekzapoppin. I'll make sure to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.