main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question About Converting from Max to Poser

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by JediStroker, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStroker

JediStroker Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2008
    There are several models I would like to use in Poser and are in Max format. How would I go about contacting the creators of models to convert them into Poser? One I have done is the Millenium Falcon. Another I would like to convert and have not yet tried is YT2400 (Outrider).

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, on the Scifi3D website there is usually contact information for each artist, try emailing them.

But I would recommend against Poser, it wasn't made for space ship animation.

3. JediStroker

Jan 8, 2008
    I have been using Poser for over 6 years. I set the scene up in poser and import it in to Vue. I don't do much animations mostly stills. The Artist did not have any contact info on the model page.

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    You don't really need to bug the artists to convert stuff. Maybe one out of 100's may say in their text file that they don't wnat it altered in any way. But you can do what you want on your pc you just can't post it online somewhere without permission and/or credit.

5. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I think the problem he's having is converting the .max files to a format that can be imported into Poser.

6. JediStroker

Jan 8, 2008
    I go have it in a format that will work in Poser, what I am trying to do is get the artist permission to post it as a free item for other Poser users. There just is not enough Star Wars stuff out there for Poser and no one yet has done the Falcon. I have already set it up in Poser
    To view the WIP of it got to Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.