main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Question About Politics in StarWars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master Endz-One, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    In StarWars the Republic and New Republic both had issues, that eventually helped lead to the creation of the Empire and New order, taking care of the Core Worlds and abandoning Outer Rim Worlds.

If the Resistance triumphs, how do you solve this issue from repeating itself ? ?

2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    You don't, really. Whatever government they come up with will probably be something like The NEW New Republic, using the same system but with, they hope, less corruption and inefficiency. They'll probably also adopt a stronger, more centralized military to guard against potential threats, and, if/when they're back in strength, less of a reliance on the Jedi. But, in the end, new challenges will arise and they'll be back to square one. As always, history tends to repeat itself.

Unless, of course, the Resistance doesn't really triumph at the end of Episode IX. At this point, there's no telling how the story is going to play out.

Master Endz-One likes this.
  3. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017

I was hoping for Disney Novels to put a new Political System, like novels have in the EU.

4. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    How else are we supposed to get Episodes 10-12? I’m looking forward to the Second Order vs the Opposition.

5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The problem is that a democracy and bureaucracy that spans an entire galaxy is always going to collapse under it's own weight eventually. It might be very fast it might take a few millennia but it is not infinitely sustainable.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Then that suggests the solution is to not have a galactic government in the first place. Let the Outer Rim govern itself.

Unfortunately, I don't think the people in charge are capable of really committing to this kind of complexity and creativity. I don't seem them really going for anything different. I mean, I don't see them going with an anarchic solution or an AI government, or even a stratocracy for the bad guys like the Cardassians of Star Trek.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Let them eat insta-bread!

Sarge and BlackRanger like this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012