main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rank the Finale/Credit Medley Tracks

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darth Dnej, May 27, 2022.

?

Favorite Star Wars Credit Tracks?

1. A New Hope

31.3%
  2. The Empire Strikes Back

81.3%
  3. Return of the Jedi

37.5%
  4. The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Attack of the Clones

18.8%
  6. Revenge of the Sith

6.3%
  7. The Force Awakens

12.5%
  8. Rogue One

6.3%
  9. The Last Jedi

6.3%
  10. Solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Rise of Skywalker

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    There are discussions to rank the scores of the films, but how would you all rank the credits tracks specifically? I've listed them below, and this thread is just for the live-action theatrical films. I've included the leadup to the credits as well, since they're almost always included with them on the track listing. Something so cool about the credits is that they tend to be a medley of the themes of the individual film and the wider Star Wars story as a whole.

IV: The Throne Room/End Title
    V: The Rebel Fleet/End Title
    VI: Ewok Celebration (or Victory Celebration for 1997 onward)/End Title
    I: Augie's Great Municipal Band and End Credits
    II: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale
    III: A New Hope and End Credits
    VII: The Jedi Steps and Finale
    VIII: Finale
    IX: Finale
    RO: Credits
    Solo: Dice & Roll/End Credits

I'll probably list my rankings in a separate response, as this original post is long enough. Additionally, you can just pick your three favorites if you don't want to rank them all.

Jediking97 likes this.
  2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    IV
    V
    II
    III
    VII
    I

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    @General Kenobi you are a bold one. :)

I'll put my response now so that I didn't double post or have a long a really long OP..

1. V: About as perfect as can be. The Rebel Fleet music is already a cool lead-in, but the medley that plays in the credits is top notch. Yoda's Theme, The Imperial March, Han Solo and the Princess, and a unique final fanfare for Empire's credits. I don't think I would change it at all, it's too amazing.
    2. VI: Though I would've put The Emperor's Theme in addition to or replacing Parade of the Ewoks, this is still an incredible finale and then credits medley. I'm so glad it contains Luke and Leia, which is one of the best pieces of music in Star Wars.
    3. VII: The medley of the new themes is incredible.
    4. III: Leia's Theme fits in hindsight, and Battle of the Heroes is amazing.
    5. I: The parade is brilliant, as is Duel of the Fates and the way Anakin's Theme foreshadows the Imperial March.
    6. IX: A great medley of themes to end the ST and nine episodes on.
    7. Solo: Love the blend of themes. I really love Qi'ra's theme.
    8. RO: Love the blend of themes, like Jyn's Theme.
    9. IV: Iconic, but only has one more film-specific theme during the credits (Leia's theme).
    10. II: The finale leading up to the credits isn't quite as memorable and there aren't other film specific-themes in the credits other than Across the Stars. But it is an amazing theme to use.
    11. VIII: Probably the least memorable medley, though I think the overall soundtrack is better than The Rise of Skywalker.

Jediking97 likes this.
  4. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    The Empire Strikes Back (My all time favorite finale)
    The Rise of Skywalker (my second favorite Finale)
    A New Hope (The most memorable ending medley)
    The Force Awakens (This one reminds me of the time the movie first came out. I love how at the end it plays Rey's Theme and the Force/Luke's Theme together and a final statement of the main Star Wars theme)
    Return of the Jedi (While Yub nub is a classical I always thought the special edition version was prettier and sometimes gets me misty eyed)
    Revenge of the Sith (I like the call back to A New Hope)
    The Phantom Menace (As a kid I thought the Parade music was really catchy with the children singing the background followed by the End Titles, Duel of the Fates and Anakin's Theme)
    Attack of the Clones (I love the Imperial March followed by Across the Stars)
    Rogue One (As with Williams I like how Giacchino uses all the leitmotifs from this film. Jyn and the Erso family theme, Krennic's Theme and finally Chirruit ans Baze's theme)
    The Last Jedi (This one I don't listen to very often but I like how they use Leia's theme in memory of Carrie Fisher)
    Solo (I have to admit that this is the only Star Wars movie I didn't listen to the end credits medley)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Empire Strikes Back - Perfect end for the perfect movie. Han and the Princess, Imperial March...so epic!
    Revenge of the Sith - Mostly for battle of heroes which is my favorite
    Return of the Jedi - really like that endor theme in there prefer the Yub Nub lead in, but the new victory song is great too.
    A New Hope - The OG end credits
    The Phantom Menace - Like the marching band into the credits, then duel of the fates
    Rogue One - A nice mix of the themes used in the movie and classic star wars
    Attack of the Clones - Across the stars is great, but it sort of dominates any other music woven into in the credits
    Force Awakens - Rey's theme was nice, don't remember any other music for this movie.

Never watched any of the other movies end credits. If I had to guess based on the music in movies, I'd probably say Last Jedi is next. The music when fake Luke walks out to "fight" was cool. I don't remember any music from Solo. I do remember being extremely disappointed with the music in Rise of Skywalker, I'm sure there was some new music in it, but it didn't feel like it so that one is probably last.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  6. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    1. ESB
    2. ROTS
    3. TROS
    4. TFA
    5. ANH
    6. ROTJ
    7. TPM
    8. AOTC
    9. TLJ

Darth Dnej likes this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    ESB, then ANH, then TPM, then ROTS.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    1. ESB-gives me chills every time
    2. Rogue One-underrated...I've linked "Your Father Would Be Proud" to it and it's amazing
    3. ANH-legendary
    4. TPM
    5. TFA
    6. ROTS
    7. ROTJ
    8. TROS
    9. AOTC
    10. TLJ

Darth Dnej and Sarge like this.