main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Rate this Character

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Dec 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 10-17-2000 06:01 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let's start a new thread to, hopefully, flame this board: Rate this Character.
    There will be a Character of the Moment and we will rate them on a scale of 1-10 (although if you feel more strongly one way or the other, you can certainly adjust those numbers). Try to give a short description of why you feel that way! You can use a general point of reference or pick a specific time period.

Today's Character of the Moment is Luke Skywalker

Rate Luke on:

Ability:
    Strength:
    Intelligence:
    Attractiveness:
    Humor:
    Helpfulness:
    Empathy/Understanding of Others:
    "Likeability":
    Choices Made/Courses of Action:
    Choices Made/Romantic Interests:
    Choices Made/Friendships:
    Importance:

Feel free to incorporate other rating categories as you see fit. When Luke has run his course, someone can jump in with favorite... or unfavorite... character... or a character that gets very little attention (such as the Rancor at Jabba's palace)

IP: Logged

MaraJadeSkywalker
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 10-17-2000 06:36 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ability: 10 I think he's really learned a lot and has excellent abilities, both learned and natural! I am amazed at how good he is given he first formerly "used" his force abilities late in life and got very little formal training!
    Strength: 7 and 10 The 7 is for general physical strength (he isn't extremely muscular for a guy) and 10 for strength in the force.
    Intelligence: 8 I think he's pretty good at thinking things through, but it's not what he's known for either.
    Attractiveness: 10 You know how I feel on this one!
    Humor: 4 He can laugh at funny things (like the Ewoks worshipping Threepio as a god)... but he is a Jedi, and Jedis are not known for cracking jokes.
    Helpfulness: 10 He's been very helpful to the Rebellion/Alliance (the only side that counts) and even tries to save souls along the way! He very rarely (if ever) turns down a request for help.
    Empathy/Understanding of Others: 9 I think he's good at trying to understand others and where they're coming from.
    "Likeability": 7 Not counting his natural enemies - which shouldn't be a factor - people generally like Luke when they get to know him. He suffers a little on this scale because some people dislike/distrust the Jedi in general or disapprove of the actions of other Jedi that have been his students in the past.
    Choices Made/Courses of Action: 8 He usually makes good choices - and currently, through Jedi wisdom and meditation - generally makes excellent choices. He's made some poor choices in the past... 1. interrupting his training with Yoda to rush, unprepared, to the trap waiting for him in Bespin. 2. Trying to defeat the "reborn Emperor" by going over to the Dark Side and almost losing himself to it. However, he's always learned a lesson from these bad choices and not repeated the same mistake (For example, he almost rushed after Mara in VOTF when he could no longer sense her presence through the force, but then remembered Bespin and decided to think it through)
    Choices Made/Romantic Interests: 7 He's getting docked because he made some poor romantic choices in the past! Falling in love with his sister... oh please! How about a little "Jedi insight"! Then there's the whiney "computer-turned-body snatcher"... yuck! Gaeriel had a complex over Jedi - generally not a good starting point for a relationship! Same with Akannah of the Fallanassi! If it wasn't for his current gem of a wife, Luke would give a horribly poor rating for the "Leia-thing" alone!!!
    Choices Made/Friendships: 9 Luke has had incredible good fortune in his choice of friendships. His friends are loyal to him and have even come through for him many times (especially Han!). I would give him a rating of 10... but then I remembered "Kyp Durron"...
    Importance: 10 If Luke wasn't around, the first Death

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Yet another terrific thread salvaged by the inestimable MJSFF. And -shockingly- it's a thread that's actually ABOUT Star Wars, a somewhat rare thing for us crazy fans. Cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.