main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Redwall

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anyone a fan of the Redwall Series by Brian Jaques? I read a number of them years ago, as did my sister, but stopped around 9th or 10th grade.

Books:

Redwall (1986)

Mossflower (1988)

Mattimeo (1989)

Mariel of Redwall (1991)

Salamandastron (1992)

Martin the Warrior (1993)

The Bellmaker (1994)

Outcast of Redwall (1995)

The Pearls of Lutra (1996)

The Long Patrol (1997)

Marlfox (1998)

The Legend of Luke (1999)

Lord Brocktree (2000)

The Taggerung (2001)

Triss (2002)

Loamhedge (2003)

Rakkety Tam (2004)

High Rhulain (2005)

Any fans?

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I remember reading the first one but I don't think I ever got around to finishing it.

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I really loved these books as a child. I used to follow them religiously. I've read all of them up through The Legend of Luke. I think they're really good through Martin the Warrior; after that they start to get a bit repetitive for me. By the time I was getting into my teenage years I found them beginning to get tiresome; I don't know if this is because I was too old for them or because the series was just beginning to run out of ideas or what. Still do treasure the memory of those first several books, though.

Bad books to read when you're hungry.

Edit: Out of curiosity, why isn't this in the Books and Comics forum? I think there was an animated movie done at some point, but I for one am much more interested in talking about the books.

-Paul

4. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    There's an animated cartoon series that they seem to like to show on PBS, IIRC. I've caught it a couple of times.

As for the books, I think I got as far as Outcast of Redwall. After that, I didn't have the time to keep up with any of the books I was reading. That said, it was a nice series and I like it.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Whoops, I posted this in the wrong place. Can someone move it over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.