main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reflections of a Family: Bubble (This time Han's POV) Angst! **~*~UPDATE 9/23~*~**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Aug 20, 2007.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Furyan_Jedi_13
    I have only really read Jaina's POV, but I have to say that what you wrote seems pretty dead on.
    Thanks so much!

Mara was a true inspiration for Jaina, and she would have been sad of the fact that she was unable to attend her funeral.
    I completely agree. I think Mara taught her more than Leia ever did... I feel bad for saying that, 'cause I like Leia, but it really seems that way!

I myself was rather sad at this development (if it could be called that)
    As was I!!

And her opinions of Zekk and Jag's behaviour seemed right on the mark too. Canonically, it really does seem like she won't be with either of them, now or any time in the future.
    Thanks! It does seem that way doesn't it! Poor Jania, she's just doomed to be misrable! I love the woor canonically.

You did a very good job here.
    Thank you! And Thanks for reading!!

Jedi-Roxy
    Wow... all three were... are... beautifully written, great job capturing the emotions
    Thank you so much! I always try and focus on how I think the character would feel and sometimes its hard to convey that in words. (I actually do better by dance! :) )
    Thanks for reading! [:D]

Zara
    I thought you did wonderfully with Jaina.
    Thanks, girl! I was really worried about her... I don't really 'get her' as a character sometimes and I was afraid she would seem out of character.

Which seems missingin like every profic I've read since NJO (And even then).
    I hear ya... but they do seem to be doing better!

I haven't read LOTF yet either. But I hope to get to it soon
    You need too!! If nothing else, there is a lot of Ben! :D :D (Though some of it does make me sad :( )

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Amazing set of vignettes there. I think you very realistically approached the family's reactions, and I hope you continue! I'll keep reading.

3. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    SithGirl: Amazing set of vignettes there. I think you very realistically approached the family's reactions, and I hope you continue! I'll keep reading.

Thank you so much! I've been really trying to get in the minds of the whole family... its been fun, but very depressing considering Mara has always been my favorite character! (Along with Ben and Luke) Thanks for reading! [:D] And I am going to continue!

A/N: I have the next vig written, it just needs to be beta'ed! This time we will get in Han's head! :D Thank you for being patient! [:D]

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    This time Han's POV. This is the first time I've really done Han (I'm doing a lot of venturing in this series.) so here's hoping it works! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bubble

I once told Leia that I always imagined our family as being in a bubble. Nothing and no-one could penetrate that bubble; we were all safe. And how can I really be blamed for that thought? We--as a family, and as individuals--have seen more battles, more war, than many have lifedays. We've fought some of the most hated and feared in the galaxy and come away from it; not always in the best of shape, but alive.

But then the bubble started to lose its integrity. It seemed to grow weaker with time.

First Chewie, then my Anakin, now Mara and even Jacen have made the bubble smaller, weaker.

When I see Leia's face, how it had a shocked, yet scared look--something she very rarely shows-- I knew something awful must have happened.

My first thought was of Jaina. I racked my brain to remember where she was and if she could be in any danger; as though danger doesn't follow us all around.

I never would have imagined that is was Mara Jade that Leia had felt. She and I come from the same breed, practically indestructible, yet she wasn't.

And Luke; I worry how all of this will affect him. I can't imagine how he must feel to have his other half so violently ripped from his side, and to feel it as though it were himself being killed. I know that if Leia were ever taken from me, I would be completely and utterly lost. She is my strength, my happiness, my inspiration, my rock; and I know Mara was the same to Luke.

He has always been reckless, especially with his own life, but now that Mara isn't here to keep him in line and to save his butt--something she was doing even before she stopped vowing to kill him--I don't know what will happen.

All I know is that the bubble around this family can't take much more punishment. I'll have to take it upon myself to watch everyone more closely.

Especially the kid; I think he needs us all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And now... a blooper! I was writing this when I was really tired, so many spelling, grammar and just plain silly mistakes were made. I always let my beta (i.e. my fiance) read my stories the way I first write them, (which is mostly just stream of consciousness, for me) I haven't even reread them. He says he likes reading it that way cause he feels like he is looking into my brain, which I'm sure is really scary to others! He thought this was really funny the way I wrote it, so I thought I would share it with you all! 8-}

When I say Leia's face, how it had a shocked, yet scared look--something she very rearily show--I knew somthin bad had happen. My first thought was of Jania.

[face_blush] They usually aren't THAT bad, but we did think it was funny. Please give a hand to jace84z for putting up with things like this!! ;)

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I can't imagine how he must feel to have his other half so violently ripped from his side, and to feel it as though it were himself being killed. I know that if Leia were ever taken from me, I would be completely and utterly lost. She is my strength, my happiness, my inspiration, my rock; and I know Mara was the same to Luke. That's how I feel about my husband, I'd be totally lost without him....

Loved the blooper, kudos to your fiance for reading and beta'ing this for you! Also, well done on your characterization of Han. He did have that bubble view in the EU.

Oooh, first post, a rare treat!

6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    dm1:

That's how I feel about my husband, I'd be totally lost without him....

Isn't it wonderful though to have someone too feel that way about? I definitely feel that way about my fiance.

Loved the blooper, kudos to your fiance for reading and beta'ing this for you!
    [face_blush] Thanks! Yeah, he really deserves a bunch of kudos for putting up with me! :p

Also, well done on your characterization of Han.
    Thanks! I found it kinda hard to get into the softer side of him! ;)

He did have that bubble view in the EU
    Yeah, I think that was something that really stood out to me in NJO, I really liked it. I'd been wanting to write something with it for a while!

Oooh, first post, a rare treat!
    LOL! Congrats! I very rarely get first post as well.... it is really exciting when it happens!!

Thanks for reading! [:D]

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That's how I feel about my husband, I'd be totally lost without him....
    Isn't it wonderful though to have someone too feel that way about? I definitely feel that way about my fiance.
    It is, and we'll be married 22 years in January!

8. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow, I got so far behind! :oops: Sorry about that. [face_blush]

All I know is that the bubble around this family can't take much more punishment. I'll have to take it upon myself to watch everyone more closely.

Especially the kid; I think he needs us all.

:_|:_|:_| These are all so heartbreaking! I especially enjoyed Han's POV. I can't believe that's the first time you've written him- it was perfect!

Beautifully done!@};-
    =D= =D==D==D=