main
side
curve
  1. 2021 RPF Awards Ceremony

Greetings Guest, the 2021 RPF Awards Ceremony is starting! Be sure to-tune in

Star Wars CLOSED Resurrection

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 5, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 9 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Hiram Drayson
    Comms

The affair with the Rouser family continued. He had hoped that Carlos wouldn't get caught up in the Peace Brigade, but here he was, and he'd dragged Feyna and Pascale and Madelyn and who knew who else into it.

Cursing the man, Hiram was under pressure by Galactic Alliance Intelligence to get this dealt with. The Chief of State, Cal Omas himself, had apparently reached out to Director Kalenda. Wincing, Hiram knew how bad it was when politicians were involved in Intel work. Aboard his Starhawk holding over Chandrila, he was exceedingly aware that taking an encrypted call would get him heat.

But he made sure it was encrypted anyway.

"Please tell me that you have Carlos in custody," Hiram said without aplomb. He banished any weariness from his voice for the moment; he didn't want Feyna to worry. He went with what Feyna did know. "I've a Moff breathing down my neck for what happened, for one..."

TAG: @AgentViper007, @JediMasterAnne (combo), @TheSilentInfluence (mentioned)

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV, SWC and RPG star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett, Eleanor Magnus
    Comms

Madelyn looked at Eleanor at the mention of Ziost, saw the look of worry on her daughters face. She had never been a Sith like Madelyn had. Didn't understand the darkness. But she felt drawn to it, despite the planet and its history. She didn't want to go...

"Mama. Auntie Feyna needs an answer." Eleanor tugged on her arm and Madelyn pressed the comm.

"Sorry. I was...the force was warning me. But it's a little too late-" Madelyn noted the tractor beam."Stay safe. We'll find you when we can." Madelyn said quietly and turned to Paz. "This place isn't safe. It feels off Paz and it's not just the darkness."

"Its cold." Eleanor added, and she wrapped her arms around herself.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

3. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A quickie combo with @JediMasterAnne and @Sinrebirth

IC: Pascale Rouser, Feyna Rouser, Hiram Drayson

Feyna wasn't sure how long they had before the Hutts actually started paying attention to them, so she didn't waste time. "Got him. Found Pascale"--more accurately, he'd found them--"and Nola. Pascale's got the Glove locked up and Carlos is presently incapacitated. Tell us where you'd like to put him, and we'll bring him."

Pascale simply nodded, Feyna had pretty much said all that needed to be said. And they had to be quick to move before the Hutts locked on.

"The Glove resurfaces," Hiram murmured. "We need to secure it, with the other artefacts. Can you drop off Carlos, and, Nola, was it?" A daughter. He wondered as to that. A half-sister to Feyna?

There was a chime; a Hutt cruiser was on its way, curving around the planet - eight hundred metres of warship, sensors telling them that it was heavily armed and armoured.

Hiram heard the warning across his comms. "Or do you need direct coordinates for the storehouse?"

His voice was tight; worried.

"I think we could use a refresher on the coordinates, yes," Feyna replied. She couldn't remember where Hiram had moved everything, after relocating the storehouse from Oovo. "But Nola doesn't want to stay with Carlos, she's got plans to head off once he's securely in custody and the Glove locked away.

"I think we've all had our fill of him."

"I quite agree" Pascale responded "I would like to get rid of this waste of space as soon as possible".

"And the Hutts are now getting interested. As soon as you send us the coordinates, we'll be heading straight your way".

Hiram pursed his lips. "Make sure you go the long way."

The coordinates flickered through.

The Diab system.

Wild Space.

Wild Space? This was really looking like a bad idea now. They were way over the other side, thankfully Fortuna had been refuelled.

"On our way" Pascale said entering the coordinates. It was going to take several jumps for this. So much for alone time….and Carlos would be aboard still.

He hovered his hand over the hyperdrive lever looking at his wife. What was she thinking about all this?

Feyna's lips pursed, but there wasn't time for a debate about it; they needed to hop out of here before that Hutt ship caught up to them. "Let Madelyn and Paz know, if you hear from them," she told Drayson. "We got separated at Denon and they don't know where we are.

"We'll see you there."

Pascale cut the comm line "I hope they can reach us safely. Who knows what lurks in the depths of Wild Space" he said to Feyna pulling the hyperdrive lever.

"I hate to sound negative, cheri but I have a bad feeling about this…."

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne , @TheSilentInfluence

4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Hiram Drayson
    Concerned

He closed the channel to Feyna, Pascale, Carlos and Nola, and felt... disquiet.

Something was afoot.

Darksiders; the Imperial Agent known as White Eyes, missing for years; Mas Amedda; the long missing Glove of Darth Vader; the Hutts...

Was there some shadow current he was not seeing?

Hiram thought of the many mysteries that had piled up since the Dark Empire War...

Who was the collector that had been killed for the Scepter of Ragnos?

Who was the murderer of Flint, the former Sith Lord of Belderone?

Who taught Carnor Jax to the status of Dark Lord?

Who conspired to kill three Jedi in the Tapani Sector and steal the Holocron of Adas?

Who did Luke and Lando pursue around Wild Space just before the war?

Who assembled the motley fleet of warships that defeated the Yuuzhan Vong at Esfandia, Commenor, Ord Mantell, Gyndine and Tholatin in the last months of the war?

Who damaged Fondor to the end of the Galactic Civil War?

What Sith abounded in Remnant space as late as a few weeks ago?

What happened to the Empire of the Hand in the Unknown Regions, and most of the Fel children?

What of the rumours of the so-called Knights of Ren, raiding those self-same Unknowns?

What of the ten Imperial Star Destroyers that fled the Battle of Jakku all those decades ago?

He wasn't happy about it; it screamed of a great and impossible conspiracy in the shadows.

And so, Hiram opened a channel to Madelyn, Eleanor and Paz.

"Where are you?"

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo)
    ---
    IC: Nola

Diab system

[​IMG]

A seven thousand year old prison was perhaps not what Feyna and Carlos had expected to find.

But here they were, at the very edge of the Knowns, between them and the Unknowns - the Twilight of Civilisation.

Wild Space.

There were no life signs; only energy signatures which were presumably droids, operating the ancient prison.

Nola's eyes were wide.

"This is insane. What even is this place?"

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @AgentViper007 (combo)

5. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Short combo with Sinre and AgentViper007

IC: Pascale and Feyna Rouser, and Nola

Aboard Fortuna, arriving at Diab

Well this did look foreboding…..

"I concur with Nola, this prison is not exactly the place I would envision holding artefacts, especially a place the Galactic Alliance would use. Seems more fitting though to put Carlos away" Pascale remarked as he brought the Fortuna in.

"Nobody here to greet us who is flesh and blood either" he looked to his wife to see what she thought.

Feyna took in the prison, also feeling unsure, but this was where Drayson had told them to come.

"I suppose droids were safer--less risk they'll try to take the artifacts themselves," she mused aloud, though obviously she didn't know the actual reason for that staffing decision. "Hopefully Drayson will be on his way, or perhaps called ahead for us...

"We should see what we've got on board in terms of restraints," she added. As far as she knew Carlos was still unconscious, but, "He'll put up a fight if he wakes up, I'm sure."

Pascale nodded. The long journey plus the events of what had happened had made him more tired. His wife probably felt the same as she had gone on a quest to find him before getting involved in a battle.

"No doubt he will cheri. Three against one are better odds but with him being so obssessed with this glove he eill do anything to get it"

He thought about restraints, he was not a bounty hunter or police ship and so did not carry cuffs. "I might have some cable ties in one of the lockers, I used to use them to tie down the bigger artefacts aboard in case I had rough flights out. They might do".

"If this is a prison, hopefully the droids will do the rest. And finally he will be gone and Nola can get to safety. And then we can go home…."

Nola nodded. "I'll get him up and out."

She headed off, leaving them to a brief aside as a couple.

A pair of droids began to arriving, clomping forward, automatically activated.

They were YVH-1 battle droids; very modern Vong-killers.

Seemingly Drayson had upgraded the droids, which was good.

Their adventure seemed, finally, to be at an end.

Pascale gave a nod to Nola but should anything happen, he was ready to assist, thankfully he still had the lightsabers in his pockets.

"Interesting" he remarked on the droids "At least Drayson's got some heavy duty droids here" he said bringing the ship in to land, shutting down the engines and opening the ramp.

He then turned his chair around to face her "Are you alright? With everything that has happened…we just seem to not have had time to recover and take it all in".

Feyna sighed. "I'll be all right," she said. "I can't say I'm not disappointed in how it all turned out. We got way more than we bargained for, in a bad way. And we didn't gain much, for all that trouble." She didn't want Carlos in her life--he didn't seem concerned with wanting her in his, either--and Nola didn't want to stick around.

"He hurt you and took you captive, stole our ship...it wouldn't surprise me now if he really did everything Vadde accused him of, the refugee ship and all of it." Her shoulders slumped. "It doesn't feel like it was worth it, and part of me wishes we hadn't come at all."

Pascale came forwards out of his seat, bent down and scooped Feyna into his arms.

"We both knew it wasn't going to be easy, cheri. Don't blame yourself for what happened. It is a shame your father has turned out the way he has and you deserved to be reunited with your long lost family. You deserve nothing but happiness".

"Carlos is in the right place now and he won't hurt you or us anymore. You have a family that loves you. Nola will still be around too. You will never be alone again, not as long as we are all around you".

He kissed her "I'm alive and well and we found each other again, that's what counts. We can move on from this episode. And maybe perhaps when we get home we can finally perhaps after all these years think about starting our own family".

He kissed her again "I love you Feyna. I will always be there for you, through all the challenges we face."

Feyna kissed him back, managing a smile. "I love you, too.

"It will be nice to get home and start focusing on the future. Put this whole mess behind us."

She didn't feel certain that there wouldn't be more Carlos-related issues in the future, but hopefully with him in prison, his ability to cause drama would be significantly reduced.

Pascale released her, he could tell that Feyna was still feeling down. He hoped maybe once Carlos was off and Nola was sorted he could help in some way.

"Let's see if Nola has had any success in removing Carlos" he said, moving off to head towards the ramp.

"With any luck, he's still unconscious and the droids can just haul him off to a cell," Feyna remarked, taking Pascale's hand and walking with him to the ramp.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @AgentViper007

Sinrebirth and AgentViper007 like this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV, SWC and RPG star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Comm.

"Were okay." Madelyn answered, although the force was telling her otherwise. "Were in what you would consider Sith Space?" She shook her head, clouded.

"Mama?" Eleanor looked at her father. "Something's wrong with the force here Buir." She explained.

"I was worried you'd jumped randomly."

Paz spoke up. "We had to get away from a Star Destroyer," he replied to Drayson. "We didn't catch the coordinates that Feyna and Pascale sent." He looked down at the icy world beneath them.

"We're above Ziost."

Drayson sounded baffled. "Why Ziost?"

"Carlos hid here, I found out, at least for a time, it was the last coordinates I had in the system," he sounded defensive, glanced to Madelyn and Eleanor. "Sorry."

The world began to whisper to Eleanor.

Need ship? Need heart? Need blood? Need power?

"We're okay!" Eleanor piped up. "Nothing we can't handle!" She said confidentially.

Madelyn put a hand on her head and sat down as the words spoke to her. Was it one voice or many? This is almost painful. Should we go to the surface and find out?

"Mom." Eleanor's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked up.

"This world is dangerous."

Paz hesitated as Eleanor spoke. "So, we get going, no?"

Drayson nodded. "I can send you coordinates for the Ghost Prison, where I've been storing the artefacts since Oovo IV was burned to the ground. Carlos had the so-called Glove of Darth Vader, and so I had Pascale and Feyna take him there for imprisonment. Nola, Carlos' daughter, is with them, too."

Ghost. Prison. Ghost, Prison. Ghost Prison.

A curiosity from the spirits.

Madelyn frowned a little. "I think that would be alright." She was curious now too, like she was supposed to go there. "Anything we need to watch out for?"

It's an automated facility, so no, you shouldn't have anything to worry about," Hiram said, absently. "Just make sure you're not tailed. We can't afford for this mastermind, the so-called White Eyes, to find where the New Republic is hiding Sith artefacts."

Take us.

We're Ghosts too.

Ghosts for a Ghost Prison.

Prison for a Prisoner.

Madelyn frowned a little. "I think that would be alright." She was curious now too, like she was supposed to go there. "Anything we need to watch out for?"

Carlos hid here. He made plans. Schemes. His daughter and he; a con. Carlos the villain; Nola the victim. All to reveal the Sith legacy to the one they call White Eyes. You'll need our power. Our teeth. Our claws.

A chuckle.

"Carlos was getting information on White Eyes. About the Sith legacy." Madelyn was breathing heavily, a wave of information at her age took more out of her then she would like through the force. "There's ghosts here. Lots of them."

Who's you're Master then? Why do you want to help so much?

We are masterless and free.

A laugh.

White Eyes is not our Master; we are rivals, through and through.

"Sounds like, yes," Drayson replied, and then hesitated. "Ghosts? Sith spirits, perhaps. You need to leave, Madelyn. Now."

A red spectre, visible only to Madelyn and Eleanor, rose up in the cockpit behind them.

"Mom what is that?" Eleanor's voice rose amd she ran behind her mother as the red spectre formed.

Madelyn shifted, and back up; putting a hand on her lightsaber hilt. "Yeah, I think it would be a good time to leave-"

Paz looked behind, didn't see anything, but that was only worse.

"We're going."

He pulled back the levers -

And the spirit vanished with a howl -

Madelyn reached out to steady Eleanor as the ship lurched-

"Go Paz; quickly!"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Flashback Combo w/ @Sinrebirth Part One

IC: Cere

Before

It was another day in the Temple.

The Separatists were continuing to cause grief in their desire to leave the Republic, in league with the corporations and undoubtedly the Sith. Cere tried not to overly think about it; she was merely going to places where there was a need for help, and Trilla was with her.

But she still remembered those strange Zeffo markings, and wondered as to their place in the stories they knew of the past - about the Rakata, Xim the Despot, and other pre-Republic nations. The Jedi had originated in that era, on Tython, before the Prime Jedi defined their place in the galaxy...

Fantastical history, but many of those events underpinned the struggles the Order faced today.

So absorbed in her own thoughts, and indeed Trilla was much the same, they nearly bumped wholesale into -

Madelyn jumped back as the Jedi nearly collided into her, and dropped the book ahe was holding with a bang on the Temple floor. The History of the Mandalorian Wars. She startled at bit at the woman and the Padawan standing there, and tried to form her words to apologise.

"S-sorry Master." Madelyn said slowly. She was getting better at basic, but still desperately wanted to talk in Mando'a. It was hard to push past it. She swallowed, wondering if they were mad. But it felt like they were absorbed in their thoughts too-

Trilla looked up as Cere bumped into the youngling, and then down at the book.

Cere apologised. "I was elsewhere, entirely my fault." Trilla reached down to pick up the book. An actual hardcopy book. It looked old. "Master Nu let you take this out of the library?" Cere said, beetling her brow.

Madelyn nodded shyly, and glanced at Trilla as she picked up the book before she ducked her head at Cere's words. Was it really that strange? She looked back up at them and nodded. "Yes. Because I'm respectful-" Madelyn scrunched her face and sounded out the word-" with books." She smiled at them.

Trilla smile as she passed it back. "You're funny."

"Trilla," Cere admonished. "Clearly Basic isn't her first language. Correct, young one?"

She did smile, to ease Madelyn's anxieties.

Madelyn took the book and clutched it to her chest. She was aware she still had am accent, and tried not to be embarrased,
    "I was born on Mandalore." She admitted. "Master." Madelyn added, and looked nervous. Not too many people liked Mandalorians, and some of the other students had made fun of her for it.

She looked up at Trilla curiously. "You're very tall and pretty." She said shyly.

Trilla blushed, and Cere smiled. "She's got you there, Trilla."

"A Mandalorian? I've never met a Mandalorian Force user before," Cere beetled her brow briefly, and nodded to the book. "The Jedi and your people have a very rich history. How do you feel about your former warrior roots?" At present, the Mandalorians main representatives were peaceful, led by a pacifist named Satine Kryze, who held the title of Mand'alor but presented as Duchess of the sector.

"Uh." Madelyn frowned a little at Cere. "I don't remember much of home. So I guess...its all just stories to me." Madelyn thought about how she sometimes saw the Duchess Satine on the holonet. "Tarre Vizsla was the first Mandalorian Jedi." Madelyn pointed out. "I think that they can go hand in hand, being a warrior and a Jedi; but I'm not much of a warrior yet."

Madelyn took a breath, excited to talk about her people but realized she was rambling. "I don't think I can get rid of my culture? It's as part of me as the force is. So...I feel good about it?" Madelyn shrugged, because even though she felt the Jedi took away her language, she was still a daughter of Mandalore.

"And the Jedi are good warriors too. Revan was the only one to defeat us."

Cere nodded. "Often Force sensitives are taken before they have their culture imprinted upon them. You will walk a more difficult path than not, youngling." Trilla frowned at that. "Revan was not a Jedi, not for most of his life," Cere said as she continued. "He was something more, and less."

Madelyn nodded, agreeing with her. "I'm Madelyn." She realized she had forgotten go introduce herself and shifted on her feet. "He was a Sith Lord."

She glanced at Trilla, and then back at Cere. "But when he fought us he was a Jedi even if he broke away from the order. He didn't become something else until later."

"True," said Cere. "Very true. But some believe he was a Sith even then, before the Battle of Malachor. That he chose that world because he already knew of the Trayus Academy, and that he had already fallen." Her eyes focused. "If he was a Sith already, does that change your view of him?"

Madelyn frowned. I guess so. But he did save the Republic from us. "There are Sith who are capable of doing good things, and Jedi who do some awful things. The Republic wouldn't have won if Revan hadn't stepped in, Sith or not."

Cere beetled her brow. "An interesting theory, youngling. But while that may have been the case in the distant past, the Jedi Order is a beacon of light and civilisation for the galaxy." Her tone wasn't stiff, so much as concerned. "You do well to remember that in your studies. Come along, Trilla."

Trilla hesitated. "In a moment, master."

The older Jedi paused, before heading onwards into the Temple.

"You really can't say things like that, Madelyn," Trilla cautioned. "The Masters won't let you become a Padawan if you do." Trilla looked upset, but for her.

"Yes Master." Madelyn said, apologetic. "I understand." She bowed to Cere as she started to walk away, sebsing ahe wasn't upset with her, but concerned.

She looked up at Trilla as she spoke, and looked away to make sure Cere was a good distance away before she answered.

"Then maybe I can go back to Mandalore..." madelyn looked upset though and she turned away for a moment. Thinking about how some of the other younglings in wolf clan made fun of her accent.

Madelyn moved closer to Trilla, and motioned her hand so she would come closer. "Is it scary to fight Trilla?"

Do you want to go back?" Trilla said, careful. "The Neutral Systems are going to get dragged in eventually, and that includes your home, but the Republic won't be there to protect them from the Separatists, or Death Watch..."

The question took her by surprise. "Yes, but it's also... um..." She didn't want to say exhilarating, though it could be, when the Force flowed through you so. "It's a lot to take in."

"I miss it. I miss being around people like me." Madelyn stopped short, because she realized what she said might have been hurtful. She reached over and gently tugged on Trilla's hand. "I bet you're a wonderful fighter. Don't be ashamed-" She sounded out the word carefully. "Of that."

Madelyn swallowed hard, and looked hesitant. "Can I tell you a secret?"

Trilla looked at Madelyn with surprised eyes. "Of course, Maddie." The familiarity flowed from her; she felt a closeness to this youngling, even though at this age a few years were very much felt.

Madelyn looked surprised, but pleased at the nickname. She looked around, to make sure no one was listening and then back at Trilla. "It feels like my heart is being ripped in two. I want to be Mandalorian, but I have the force and it-" She ducked her head, tears stinging her eyes. "And it feels like everyone wants to take a part of who I am away from me."

She sniffed and watched a group of younglings go by. "The other younglings tell me I don't know how to hold a lightsaber properly, that I talk...strange." Madelyn looked at Trilla. "The Jedi aren't all good."

I mean there was at least one Mandalorian Jedi in the past," Trilla said, softly, trying to console the youngster. "And no," her eyes went glassy. "The Jedi aren't perfect. Outside the Temple, people are wondering if we're worth the trouble. Dooku was a Jedi, and look at him now. Jedi have joined him, after all... Sora Bulq, Quinlas Vos, Tol Skorr, and others... some Jedi have even refused to fight at all."

The girls face grew saddened. "I don't know what the Jedi will be after this is over."

" Tarre Vizsla." Madelyn offered. "He left the order I think." She frowned a little, still upset. "I don't know either...its scary." She admitted. "I'm sorry you have to fight in that war." Madelyn apologised.

I'm fighting so you don't have to fight," Trilla said, a bit firmly. Then, she blushed. "Not you specifically, but all the younglings. You know what I mean."

Madelyn have her an odd look, "Oh..." She reacted out with the force a bit, trying to gauge Trilla. "So you're protecting me...I mean us." Madelyn said in understanding. She shifted nervously and tapped Trilla in the side, almost playfully.

"Can you teach me?" She asked. "How to be a Jedi."

Trilla looked a bit surprised. Glancing at her masters retreating form, she leaned close, so close their cheeks were basically touching. I'd love to.

She whispered it, but using the Force, as if she had touched Madelyn's very soul.

Madelyn felt warm, happy. Although she didn't know if it was from Trilla's words or the force. Instead, she turned slightly and wrapped hercarns around Trilla in a tight hug.

Surprised, Trilla returned the hug, and a friendship began from here.

Whenever Trilla was back in the Temple thereafter, she would seek out Madelyn and train with her, which elevated the Mandalorian-exile in the eyes of several Masters. This would be key to Yoda's nudging of Luminara in the future, especially after Barriss fell and was incarcerated...

As the war grew worse, the gaps between the visits to the Temple grew wider, but Trilla also sought to speak to her.

One day, of course, Luminara chose Madelyn, and Trilla was at the Temple the next day...

IC: Madelyn Linnett Combo Part 2
    Jedi Temple

Madelyn ran through the temple halls after her lessons with her new master were done for the day. She couldn't believe she was a Padawan. She was so grateful to Trilla. She was her best friend, and Madelyn wouldn't have gotten so far without her.

She reached up as she slowed down, touching her Padawan braid as she called out with the force.

Trilla!

Trilla returned the psychic call, enveloping Madelyn with warmth.

There was a sense of running, and the disapproval of a Jedi Master, as Trilla made an altogether un-Jedi like dash to see her friend -

In short order they'd meet up in the Temple foyer -

Madelyn made her way there quickly as well, happy that,Trilla was back. Safe. She went to the foyer and saw Trilla, amd threw herself at her friend, hugging her as much as an eight year old could-

"Trilla you're home!"

Trilla hugged her hard, and grinned. "Maddy!"

Madelyn looked up at her as she pulled away. "Guess what goes what! I'm a Padawan now Trilla!" Madelyn told her excited. "See-" She pointed to her Padawan braid.

"Oh wow!" Trilla smiled, broadly. "Congratulations, Madelyn!"

She drew her into a hug again.

"You have a Master?" A new voice. A youngling named Reva approached, eyes sparkling happily.

Thanks Trilla!" Madelyn smiled into the hug, and turned away to look at the person who spoke, keeping close to Trilla. "Um yeah. Just yesterday. Master Yoda paired me up with Master Luminara...I mean Master Unduli."

Madelyn looked a little unsure, because she had seen this other youngling before but hadn't met her as far as she knew. She seems nice though. "I'm Madelyn." She introduced herself politely.

"I'm Reva!" She had the typical youngling 'dome' helmet on, because she was due to go to lightsaber training. "Are you a Padawan? Wow that's amazing."

Trilla frowned slightly, before looking back to Madelyn. "Master Unduli?" A slight hesitation, eyes on Reva. "Did you hear what happened to her last Padawan?"

"Hi Reva." Madelyn smiled back. She looked at Trilla curiously, "Yes. But I'm not going to turn out like that." She looked a little upset. Do you really think that?

Trilla knew she'd said the wrong thing, and replied smoothly. "I didn't think you would, but I was just worried about her teaching you. Like, y'know, Master Windu's old Padawan fell to the dark side, too, and Master Vos and Bulq left, and I heard Ventress was trained by a Jedi -"

She was babbling.

She was afraid.

Reva, younger than each of them, began to get visibly upset -

"Stop Trilla! You're scaring Reva." Madelyn reached out with the force, trying to calm each of them down. She gave her an odd look. "I know you're scared. But I won't be like that Trilla."

She grabbed her hand and and squeezed it, tight. "I promise you." Madelyn looked at Reva, still holding Trilla's hand. "Please don't cry, Trilla was just scared for me."

Reva nodded, squeezed Madelyn's hand back, and Trilla did the same. The three of them appeared to be quite the group.

"And what is this disturbance?"

[​IMG]

An arch voice sounded, and a tall Jedi Guardian spoke as he rounded the corner. He had a short saberstaff to hand, and his blades would be yellow, as was standard.

Madelyn looked up at the Temple guard, surprised. "I'm sorry Master if we were too loud." She wondered what kind of person was behind that helmet. She had only seen Temple guards at a distance.

"You have a very nice outfit. You must be a Temple Guard Master." Madelyn complimented him and gave him a smile, hoping he wasn't going to give them trouble.

"I am," the sharp, refined, arch, voice said, evident even through the helmet. "But the noise is not to what I refer." More lilting. "It is your emotions," his tone grew vexed. "You are not serene, not at all. Jedi, you wish to become, and yet you project your very zeal into our Temple."

Madelyn have him an odd look. "Were children." She explained to him, "My best friend just got back from fighting another battle in the Clone Wars, and my new friend got scared. I'm comforting them." A pause. "Jedi are supposed to have compassion for others Master. And that comes from having emotions."

"I'm sure Master Luminara would agree with me, or Master Yoda." Madelyn stood firm. Because she didn't like the way he was speaking to them, Master or not. "I will.not turn into a husk of a person to meet you're doctrine."

The Guard paused. "We shall watch your career with great interest, I assure you of that."

He turned, seemingly more amused than not... Trilla and Reva looked back the way he had been pointed.

And saw Mace Windu approaching, looking decidedly grim.

Oh force." Madelyn said out loud, and ket go of both Trilla and Reva's hands. She took a step forward, putting herself first because she didn't want Trilla or Reva to get into trouble. "It's my fault Master, I was trying to be comforting-" She swallowed hard, nervous.

Mace Windu appeared stern. "Padawan Madelyn, you are to attend your Master. Padawan Trilla, I have it on good authority that your master is seeking you as we speak." His eyes sought Reva. "And it is time for you attend class with Master Yoda."

Their reunion and meeting, seemingly, was done.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ghost Prison

As the two of them headed to the ramp, they would see the two YVH droids standing at the base of the ramp, looking up, photoreceptors tilted in curiosity.

"I am YVH-1-7," one said. "NRI Intelligence Officers, please deposit your Sith Artefact and/or Prisoner."

But Nola and Carlos weren't at the head of the ramp.

There was a click.

Nola, pointing a very small holdout blaster at them, Carlos, not unconscious, too.

The woman looked hard, but Carlos looked bemused. He had a blaster of similar design to his daughter's to hand.

"Thanks for bringing me to all the Sith artefacts that White Eyes would ever want."

A double cross.

Nola had been in on it.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @AgentViper007 (singles)
    ---
    IC: Paz

En route to the Ghost System

An old prison that had trapped Dark Jedi and Sith.

Creepy.

Where does Drayson find these places?

The Dark Datafile of Deathtraps?

A snort.

He was unaware of the miasma that seemed to be connected to the Jedi, although it lessened with each parsec, the further they were from Ziost.

Eventually, it was nothing more than a slither, hanging onto Eleanor's heart.

A clinging tentacle of fear, and malice.

When they did arrive, however, they would be surprised.

Not just the prison hanging there, no, but also a swarthy set of warships.

[​IMG]

The comms crackled. "This is Borga Besadii Diori of the Hutt clans."

[​IMG]

An image appeared on the holopad.

"We are here to claim the Sith artefacts. Prepare to be boarded."

There was a crackle of noise, and a jamming field activated.

Paz swore.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (single)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: Coming live to you from Kefalonia, Greece...

IC: Pascale Rouser
    Location: Fortuna, Diab System…and about to possibly kick some arse

Hand in hand with his wife Pascale hoped it would just be that easy. Haul Carlos off and be done.

The two droids were at the ramp and Pascale was about to do as instructed and retrieve the glove from the artefact room….

When another shock arose. Carlos was up and pointing a blaster at them and so was Nola. She had played them.

Like father, like daughter.

Now Pascale seriously wanted to chop something off Carlos. And this was not going to help Feyna's present mood. After this, whatever happened he was going to take Feyna back to their cabin and just hold her until they got home.

Because she would need him after this.

If he tried to retrieve the lightsaber from his jacket pocket there was no way to be sure he could block in time, especially two blasters. Hopefully his wife could do a distraction so he could pull the blade out. And get the droids to assist.

Echo could have come in handy here…

There was no point aski ng why Nola did it, there would just be some nonsense excuse. Now both of them would be getting off in one piece or in pieces. Hopefully the former unless his wife was in a fiesty mood.

He glanced sideways at his wife ,squeezed her hand. If they were going to go down, they would go together and fighting.

He was ready to move if she did.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett, Eleanor Magnus
    En route to the Ghost System

Madelyn reached over and held Paz's hand, even as they went further and further away from the Ghosts. She had almost been trapped by that, and didn't want to think about it. Eleanor felt the same, though she tried to go through her calming techniques instead, trying to bring more light then darkness into the ship.

She looked up however when they were disturbed and communicated by Borga Besadii Diori after they were stopped by a blockade of ships. What were they doing out here.

Madelyn turned to Eleanor as the communications dropped, "We'll be okay. Maybe we can bribe them. Hutts are greedy after all..." She looked at her husband and kissed Paz quickly, trying to remain calm. "We can't let them get the artifacts,"

"Why did it have to be Hutts..." Eleanor complained with a groan. "What do we do Mama?"

"What are the rules if we get separated Eleanor? We taught you before you went to the Academy. Do you remember?" Asked Madelyn, putting a hand on her own lightsaber.

Eleanor took a deep breath. "Use the force to find my way back to you. If they ask any questions, I say I don't know. If they try to hurt me fight back and escape." She counted off the rules quickly, and Madelyn nodded at her, proud. "I don't trust the Hutts."

"Neither do I. Stay close Eleanor." Madelyn looked at Paz, "Are you ready?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @AgentViper007 @JediMasterAnne

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Feyna Rouser
    Diab prison dock

The betrayal stung a little, but Feyna supposed she ought not be surprised.

Why did I even trust either of them in the first place? She was getting soft in her retirement, or something. She'd given Carlos and Nola the benefit of doubt--why? Because they share DNA with me?

They might be genetically linked to her, but they weren't her family, and clearly didn't deserve her trust.

Feyna didn't have her blaster; she was pretty sure Pascale had both his lightsabers in his pockets, the question was whether he could get them out before Nola or Carlos fired.

Time to stall.

She shot a glance at the droids, before raising a brow at Carlos and Nola. "You really think shooting us in front of guards at a prison is a good idea?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth @AgentViper007

Sinrebirth and AgentViper007 like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Carlos and Nola
    Amused

"Who can say?" Carlos said, carefully. "Nola?"

The woman drew out what appeared to be some kind of microphone from her pocket. She flicked a switch, and the droids toppled. "Jammer. Very handy."

They'd thought of everything. "Come on, down the ramp." Carlos indicated. "We need to have secured the artefacts before the Hutts get here."

The contact of their skin flooded their minds with the Echo of the Force.

They could sense the Hutt warships... and Eleanor and Madelyn.

They'd managed to track them here.

Pascale and Feyna had plenty of tricks up their sleeves, and, with their Echo, they also knew exactly where the artefacts were.

"Come on," Carlos said, firmly. "Show us where your boss hid them."

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @AgentViper007 (combo)
    ---

Aboard their ship

A tractor beam had them ensnared, and Paz began to pull up smuggling compartments and dole out weapons - and even whole sets of beskar were evident. "Suit up, everyone."

"Yes, Madelyn, I know those are illegal." He indicated the crush-gaunts, Mandalorian gauntlets with mechanisms to allow the wearer to crush durasteel in the palm of their mechanised hand. "But that's not." He indicated the beskad, the hefty sword of iron.

"Quickly," he hissed. The ship was being drawn in, and he could see on the ship cams, via his helmet HUD, a retinue of Sun Guards, Weequay mercenaries, and even a few Super Battle Droids. Probably six of each. Eighteen targets total.

"Today is a good day to kill Hutts," Paz grinned at Eleanor.

For the two Jedi, they could almost sense Feyna and Pascale...

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Aboard their ship

"Hurry Eleanor." Madelyn encouraged as she started to find her armour. She looked at the beskad.

"I'm not the police Paz." Madelyn teased. "It's not like they won't be useful." She quickly slipped on her beskar; her armour. It was silver and blue, and she slipped her helmet over her head, theoutsude sounds becoming muffled. "Switch to helmet comm."

She felt the targets through the force and...something else. Someone familiar was coming? Madelyn hoped it was Feyna and Pascale.

Eleanor had more trouble putting her armour on, it had been a while since she was home. But she still managed to get the green armour on with some difficulty and help from Mama. She looked up at her Buir as she put her helmet on and saluted him.

I hope we can take them out quickly.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: Ince again a wonderful combo with @JediMasterAnne and with @Sinrebirth

IC: Pascale and Feyna Rouser, Carlos and Nola Morrow

This was getting worse.

His wife had tried to stall but sadly with no success. And it looked like they had had brought some toys with them because the droids were incapacitated.

And then something surprising happened. Pascale was still holding Feyna's hand….and suddenly he could sense her, and it seemed Madelyn and Eleanor too. And the Hutts had joined the party.

His Echo had come back. And new and improved. Whether Vydra had had any say in this was a mystery.

Quite interesting he thought at his wife might need to figure this out later. Right now I need to get my lightsabers, do you think you could distract them?

Feyna wasn't sure what happened, but suddenly it was like a switch flipped, and she could feel everything: Carlos, Nola, Pascale next to her...a sort of dark feeling emanated from the prison nearby, maybe from the artefacts stored there?

What. The hell. Just. Happened.

She heard Pascale's voice, though turning to him, his lips didn't move. She could hear his voice *in her head.* Quite interesting, might need to figure this out later.

He seemed less shocked about it than she was, which was a little reassuring--but Pascale had had Force abilities before--and what else could this be? But he'd given up the Force years ago, on Korriban. How was it back? And why was Feyna affected this time?

Just now wasn't really an ideal time to try to figure it out, though; Carlos and Nola still had their blasters pointed at them, and Nola had disabled the guard droids. Something else flickered in Feyna's new senses--something familiar, far away, but getting closer. Maybe help, she hoped.

Right now I need to get my lightsabers, do you think you could distract them?

I'll try, she thought, careful not to speak out loud or even mouth the words.

She wasn't sure what to do, though. Nola and Carlos were armed, and she wasn't.

Could she use the Force against them? Could she do more than just 'feeling' and mind-speaking? Could she pull their weapons away, or push them over?

She might be trying to run before she could crawl, though, and if it didn't work, things would get hairy really fast. She wasn't sure she wanted to chance it.

I don't know what to do, she thought to Pascale. She knew he needed to get his lightsabers, but if her idea worked, they'd possibly buy themselves a few moments, enough time to arm themselves. This is like your old Echo, right? And you had other Force powers then. Can we Force-push them? I want to try but I don't know if it will work for me. Together?

He probably wasn't used to her being so confused and uncertain, but this was all extremely strange for her.

Pascale could feel his wife's confusion and uncertainty and he could have kicked himself. For him this was not new for her it was. No doubt she had lots of questions for him when this was over.

He sent soothing thoughts her way. Indeed it is like my old Echo but this feels different, deeper. We now share a deep emotional bond and we have the advantage of quick thinking and yes Force powers.

So let's try together, see how this bond works, whether we have to stay together or if it works if we sperate. He squeezed her hand, turn and push out with your hand, put your energy into the push. Stay with me cheri, I won't leave you.

He began to spin around, pushing his hand out, focusing on Carlos leaving Nola to his wife.

Feyna squeezed his hand to acknowledge, then focused on doing as he said, concentrating on Nola and willing a hard push.

Carlos arched an eyebrow as they lifted their hands, and then the two of them were catapulted back, all the way to the cockpit! Their blasters clattered to the ground, and Nola cried out in irritation -

The Force?! They had the Force!?

Well, that worked well, Feyna thought to Pascale. Grab their weapons next? She was already reaching for Nola's fallen hold-out.

He'd want his lightsabers, but they'd have a better advantage if they could disarm Carlos and Nola.

Well done Pascale thought at his wife as Carlos and Nola went flying a word of caution. You may become exhausted if you use too much of your abilities, let's make sure we get them off this ship and into cells.

Pascale released Feyna's hand and reached into his jacket pockets bringing out his lightsabers and ignited them, the twin red blades humming.

"Pick up their blasters cheri, i'll cover you if they try anything" and if they did he would give one of his blades to Feyna.

"Now, shall we try this again?" he said to Carlos and Nola "Only this time, you both will be getting off. Permanently".

Feyna decided to heed Pascale's advice about not overdoing it, and went to retrieve the weapons. "I'll be taking that jammer, too," she said as she approached Nola, looking for the device.

Nola was in-front of Carlos, and when she shifted, he had the Glove of Vader on his hand; and a crackle of electricity burst at them -

Everything seemed to move in slow motion.

Now Pascale was angry, he could feel the dark artefacts goading him. Unlike Korriban where things were trying to kill him, now things were trying to get him to kill.

Nola and Carlos needed to be punished.

He threw his other blade at Feyna to use whilst keeping his blade in front of him to block the lightning. He had been gentalmany until now, but it was now no more being nice.

With his other hand he pushed all of his angry energy straight back at Carlos. Hopefully Feyna could take care of Nola but he was ready to assist his wife.

Feyna could feel Pascale's anger, and no wonder, Carlos had apparently managed to break into the locker where they'd stored the Glove. Since he'd already hacked their ship's security systems more than once, she supposed it wasn't particularly surprising a locker wouldn't hold him back.

She grabbed the other lightsaber and raised it to block the lightning, advancing closer to Carlos and Nola.

The lightning was caught by the lightsabers, and Nola began to scramble to get out of the way.

The Glove began to glow, and the electricity began to scatter and refract, ripping into the bulkheads, and then, between the two of them, reflected back at him.

Carlos exploded, blowing out the cockpit window.

Nola cried out -

Pascale nearly staggered at what was happening. His energy was beginning to sap as he was blocking the lightning and pushing forward. And of course him feeling tired after getting no rest hadn't helped.

And now Fortuna had suffered internal damage thanks to Carlos's rather explosive death. The darkness celebrated, good riddance.

There was a little voice in his head telling him to stop, enough, that he was turning into what he feared most. The reason why he wanted his Echo stripped. What would Feyna think of him?

But Carlos damaging his beloved ship made him even angrier. He turned to Nola, anger blazing in his eyes, stalking towards her to finish her off…

Feyna staggered back at Carlos's sudden and violent death--she definitely had not expected something on that magnitude.

A little part of her felt like there was unfinished business between them, but she wasn't especially sorry he was gone. She knew she shouldn't relish it, but at least there'd be no more trouble from him in the future.

Pascale was still seething, though--and actually, the anger that Feyna could feel radiating off of him...it actually worried her. He started towards Nola, and though Feyna agreed that she had also played them and deserved whatever consequences the law dealt out...she didn't think she agreed with what was probably on Pascale's mind just now.

She didn't approach him, not in this state, but she called out, both out loud and over their new connection. "Pascale, stop!"

He could hear both outside and through the bond his wife's voice, and it made him pause.

Pascale could feel his wife's worry at him, the darkness inside wanted to shove her out of the way. But the little voice was now winning and he knew he would never hurt his soul mate.

The darkness was still goading him on. Finish her off, she could still hurt you and your wife. Trash your ship still further.

Pascale kept his blade raised ready but his anger dissipated a little. The ship would not be going anywhere without the cockpit needing a clean, the viewport fixed and maybe engine one could get a fix too.

Thank you cheri he sent to Feyna through the bond, sending her warmth and love. But he was really feeling exhausted now.

To Nola he said "You will be getting off this ship and spending your life in a cell wondering what could have been. You try anything and you will end up like Carlos. Understood?"

Feyna relaxed a little, as her husband came back to himself--he still had that cold, angry edge to his tone as he addressed Nola, but that was normal for his temper.

She deactivated her lightsaber and picked up one of the fallen blasters, moving next to Pascale, standing over Nola--relieved as she was that he'd come down from that intense rage, she was not about to lower her guard with Nola.

No telling what Nola thought them capable of now, but let her be nervous; she didn't need to know that this Force-thing was new for them. Feyna kept the blaster levelled at her. "I'd advise you to come quietly," she told Nola.

To Pascale, Are you okay?

Feyna's concern flooded through and Pascale realised how close he had come to sinking into the dark. Meaning that he could have nearly lost his wife.

Better than before my dear he sent back but whatever I have done has tainted our bond. We still don't know why we were given this in the first place, but to be given this surrounded by the darkness…I almost succumbed.

He wanted to hold her right now but with Nola still aboard they no doubt would have to wait until she was taken off.

I am so very sorry.

Feyna wasn't sure how to respond; she was alarmed that he felt he'd slipped that far--he'd always had a temper, though she'd admit she'd never seen him as angry as he'd just been. But he'd pulled himself back, and she didn't judge him; privately she did wonder if he was being hard on himself.

You don't have to apologise, I'm not angry, just worried. She reached over to gently grip his arm, about the most comfort she could offer just now. We'll talk more about it later, if you need to.

They'd have time for more discussions once Nola was dealt with.

Pascale felt Feyna grip his arm and felt her worry still through the bond. They definitely needed to talk about the bond and what just happened. He felt he owed her that.

Gods he loved Feyna. She knew what to do when things got tough, and she was always there for him. He was one lucky man.

He shifted his lightsaber to his other hand, then moved his arm so he could hold Feyna's hand and squeeze it in gratitude.

I think we do need to talk about the bond and what just happened. I think we need to rest and just be with each other after everything that has gone on. And we won't be going anywhere until this ship is fixed.

He squeezed her hand again and turned his face slightly to her and smiled I love you cheri.

Feyna gave his hand a squeeze in return. I love you, too.

Nola was in shock.

Utter, complete, shock.

"Carlos..."

She looked at the two of them.

There was a dark miasma swirling around them, especially Pascale, and a tug, tug, tug.

It was the lightsaber in his hand; the Kyber crystal.

Tug, tug, tug.

Nola blinked a few times, and handed over the blaster she had, held limp, as it was clearly irrelevant.

There was the sound of alarms through the facility.

Enemy assault fleet. Secure the Vault. Repeat; secure the Vault.

The two droids... they didn't move.

Pascale thought he had dissipated the darkness when his anger disappeared.

But the miasma floating around him and Feyna, thickest around him and the tugging. Why was the lightsaber tugging him? Had it detected his descent into the dark?

And to make things even worse, it seemed a fleet had arrived. Thankfully Fortuna was parked in the hangar but if there was a landing party about to come down and take a look….

Nola wasn't about to give any trouble thankfully.

Pascale gave a very worried look to Feyna. The darkness it seemed was getting ready for something if the tugging and miasma were anything to go by.

Feyna could sense Pascale's worry, and there was a strange feeling around them, like something dark trying to pull them down a shadowed path.

On top of that, more trouble was headed their way, and the prison's alarms had started going off.

The droids nearby weren't moving, though. "The jammer, too," Feyna prompted Nola, as she took the surrendered blaster..

Let's just get through this, and get out of here. She didn't like this place; the Fortuna wasn't space-worthy, with its cockpit blown out, but maybe they could have it towed to somewhere less...menacing.

Nola palmed the remote to her. "You can't leave me here - the Hutts won't forgive me if this goes wrong..."

The Fortuna wasn't space-worthy indeed - but the hangar doors opened in the distance, a Protocol Droid in silver waddling towards the battle droids. "Did you not hear me over the comms, you bag of bolts? We're under attack! The vault! Oh why did Director Drayson leave me here, alone, with just those two!"

Pascale was about to suggest that Feyna pass him back the other lightsaber as she had both blasters now but with his one tugging him he wasn't sure it was a wise idea.

I agree he thought back but we can't go anywhere at present. Unless there is another bigger ship about that I can guide Fortuna into then we will have to stay here for now. I'm not leaving this ship behind. It's been our home….

I sensed Madelyn and Eleanor up above, maybe we could broadcast for help? What worries me is that this darkness could pull me down fully….to separate me away from you.

Feyna deactivated the jammer--hopefully that would wake up the two droids--then started pulling Nola toward the ramp. "That all depends on how you behave, though I see a prison cell in your future one way or another."

Pascale mentally voiced his concerns, both about the ship, and the darkness tugging on him. And Madelyn and Eleanor were close. If we can reach them for help, we should try. Comm or via the Force, it didn't matter to her--a comm transmission might give away their position, but the Hutts were already coming anyway.

She pocketed the jammer and handed him one of the blasters, then squeezed his hand again. And I won't let you fall. We'll get through this together, like we always do.

Pascale deactivated his lightsaber and then took the blaster, giving his wife's hand a squeeze once again. Thank you cheri, together we are stronger.

"Hand over Nola to the droids my dear, maybe that protocol droid can help" he released her hand and moved over to pick up the glove "We can finally get rid of this as well".

He was watching Nola like a hawk just in case. But Feyna looked like she had things covered.

Be careful with that thing, Feyna warned, giving Nola another shove toward the ramp.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of the Ghost Prison (as it became known)

The moment the Glove of Darth Vader touched the flesh…

… the wielder collapsed.

Nola screamed, basically hysterical at this point.

The protocol droid tottered towards the battle droids as they regarded the interplay just inside the ship. “Caution: Sith artefact. Recommend withdrawal into the prison to secure Vault until reinforcements can be contacted.”

“You bucket of bolts, the comms are all jammed! We need to go now - OH MY!”

The Hutt troop lender disgorged Sun Guard, who began shooting. One of the battle droids turned and rushed them, bolts burning into its liquid metal armour, and unleashed a firestorm. The Guards became ex-Guards, and their shuttle exploded… and another came. The droid turned to that, and his brother looked to the humans.

“Withdrawal, immediately.”

—-
    Shadows

The holder of the Glove was connected.

Tied to the darkness.

Soon to be completely eclipsed.

A shadow with burning spheres for where it’s pupils should have been.

White Eyes.

“So you wish to serve me, as Carlos did before?”

—-
    In space

The tractor beam had pulled them in, and the mercenaries responded as you’d expect them to do when they saw three Mandalorians. A rabble of mercenaries, they opened fire immediately -

“Cease fire you fools!” It was Borga’s voice over the comms, but it was already too late.

Paz knew that even beskar would wilt under concentrated fire, and gunned his jetpack, dividing the targets -

The Sun Guards produced Force pikes and charged -

The Super Battle Droids tracked Paz -

The Weequay mercenaries who had started the skirmish fired ineffectually at the women -

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo), @AgentViper007 (combo), @JediMasterAnne (combo)