main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey should have joined the dark side and become Empress.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Gerbil, May 16, 2020.

?

Should Rey have joined the dark side?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    49.5%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Undecided

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    JJ is never complicated. No people don’t have evil blood. Rey doesn’t think for one second that she’s doomed to the dark side until she’s told she’s a Palpatine. To which Luke tells her that her spirit must overcome her blood/bloodline. That means to JJ people have things in their blood that naturally make them evil and the only way around it is for their spirit to override what’s in their evil blood.

Not complicated. Not SW. And not even logical.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Difficukt, Nute is dead:

[​IMG]

3. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Didn't bring up JJ. The context was in reference to what people perceive in real life.

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I am glad Rey’s dark side self was only a vision. She is my favorite Jedi, and paragon of the Light.

5. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    In real life or in SW, there is no such thing as evil blood. The discussion that was being had, was about Rey. In Star Wars. With evil blood. Because that's what JJ wrote.

6. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    I didn't say it existed. I said, "The context was in reference to what people perceive in real life." The post I replied to before said, "basically no one really believes that anyway."

7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well thats sorta the same thing with Luke and Anakin. The concept in the OT really depends on Luke being similar to his father in some ways in order for him and the situation to be a concern. But then Luke never knew his father so its very much down to bloor or heritage that creates that similarity.

dick rodgers and Kato Sai like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Luke did have the impatience, whining, and recklessness of his father Anakin. But by ROTJ he seems very Kenobiesque, resolute and determined to not follow history.

dick rodgers likes this.
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I wish the movie had a bit more time to look at it thou. Maybe tempt Rey more. I never thought she was going to turn to the dark side.

I suppose for a moment she does actual cross the line to the Dark Side when she fatally wounds Ben Solo. Luckily Rey has the power the walk that back.

I really wish we saw more of the interesting Final Order Sith Troopers and other military forces too.

I saw the red stormtrooper costume at Disney World in a museum setting. It’s actually very different from the other stormtroopers and really stands out. It might be closest to a red death trooper. It’s not just a First Order Trooper in red.

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What is odd is Kylo said he saw Rey on a dark throne. I was hoping to see that in a vision and what if her parents (cloned of them) appear on Exegol and tell her, “Rey.. we searched for you on Jakku.. its time for you to take your place as Empress of the Stars.”
    Palpatine, “This is your destiny.”

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That is good. Surely someday we’ll learn more about Rey’s parents and what Palpatine’s reason for making her father and what is any role Palpatine had in creating Rey.

I feel leaving an audience wanting more is better than going on too long. Still I’d be really interested in seeing Kylo Ren’s visions.

We get a few flashes of something in the beginning of TROS. It’s like Kylo Ren is transmitting a vision to Rey. We also see Han Solo’s death again in flashes. And other stuff like that.

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree! Maybe this new Rey film will have those visions and perhaps she will feel tempted to fall to the dark side.

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Very interesting.

it’s just hitting me that this movie is in almost totally uncharted territory. As of now there is no later content for it to bump into. And where The Force Awakens had the question of what were our heroes doing for 35 years this is more like what does Rey do next.

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Which is exciting! I want a new frontier for SW where it is not beholden to timelines and details of the past all the time.

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    So far we only had that with the Original Trilogy and the Sequel Trilogy.

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    But you have to believe he could. Thats what the whole point of the final is about.

dick rodgers likes this.
  17. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Just because one knows they are like their father and is wary of making the same choices and following him down the same path, doesn't mean one has processed the emotions that might take him there regardless.

Luke only is able to do so in the final moments of ROTJ. Realizing that he's killing his father in order to save his sister, and is using the dark side to make him able to do so, wakes him up. He becomes enlightened. He now sees just show sly the Emperor, and the dark side, really are. Just as his mentors warned. He pulls back, throws his saber away, and refuses to play Palpatine's game. That's the moment he becomes a Jedi.

And it's the kind of lesson that once learned doesn't just ... go away. That's why it's the final test of becoming a Jedi. It's like armor. It's knowledge. The force is really is his ally now.

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    True. I agree. We sas he could fall for same reason as his father, love:
    Anakin love of Wife
    Luke love for Sister

dick rodgers likes this.
  19. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004

Are you sure that didn’t happen?

Anakin gone
    Luke gone
    Leia gone
    Ben Solo Skywalker gone.

Every single Skywalker bloodline is wiped out of the universe.

The only Skywalker remaining is actually a Palpatine.

Truly Evil!

Now the new movie will be 15 years later where a Palpatine will be the head and founder of the new Jedi Order. Hmmm just like when her grandfather was the Chancellor of the Old Republic and their Jedi protectors during the Prequels.

Wouldn’t except anything less from Palatine and the deception of dark side.

Truly Diabolical. Hehehe

LLL likes this.
  20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I think the time for Rey to turn to the dark side was Episode VIII. I haven't read Dark Empire, but I'd like that general plot beat of Luke joining Sidious to take him down from the inside.
    It would've been cool for Rey to join Kylo in VIII, and then have her come back to the light in IX.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    No there is another. We will have a surprise Skywalker and the film will be called Return of the Skywalkers. :p

Please let it be Cade Skywalker, we need a surly Jedi.

22. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    Who care about this trash character? Good riddance to him.
    Palpatine doesn't have a single care about anyone but himself getting any of this, so this happening doesn't really mean a lot to him.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Joined the dark side why? I don’t understand this sentiment in the context of the character of Rey that was written.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Dark Rey vision on the Ruins of the Death Star.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, OK, but that’s not a motivation.