main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey's parents appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Archive: New Films Gusher's Paradise' started by Nipuhanipera, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    You can pay tribute to the two noble scavengers who are responsible for the existence of our new hero here. What are you waiting for?

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Oh the most wonderfullest of wonderfullest of wonderfully wonderfullnest of a thread idea that there wonderfully possibly could have been. If only this gusherfullness forum was around two years ago we could have had lovely conversations about Rey's parents. All our hopes and dreams were realized as it turned out. Her parents were just fellow scavengers who secretly loved their daughter but just didn't know how to show it.

In fact I know what her mom looks like.

[​IMG]

Look at that. She has a rough exterior and has a hard time showing affection but you know she secretly has a heart of gold. Rey was a lucky lucky girl for the five years she was around them.

Others chime in and say how wonderful Rey's parents were.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and Lost_Hope like this.
  3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    An Anthology film is in the works that will be directed by Martin Scorsese involving these two. Needless to say, the Force indeed does run in the family but they fell on hard times. There’s also a Darth Plagueis and Snoke tie-in to her family that will shock and amaze and change everything.

4. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    The rumored title is Luggabeast Driver, no?

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  5. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    SW has long history of the most wonderful or noble parents ever. Look at Darth Childkiller. Tried to kill his kids when they were in mother's womb, then tortured his daughter, killed her family and cut his son's hand and responsible for his family's and friends' deaths. Father of the Year.

And Shmi. Shmi was very noble slave. People thought that Skywalkers came from Super Important Jedi Dynasty but George gave us not what we want, but what we need.

6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Because of Star Wars we are learning that good parents come in all different shapes, sizes, and professions. Just because you sort junk for a living doesn't make you any less of a parent than people who raise their child in a castle. They will still raise their child to grow up to do great things. I have no doubt that the things that Rey's parents taught her when she was very young is what made her into the person that was able to convince Luke to help out in the fight again.

Lost_Hope likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder what type of alcoholic beverage they drank. Perhaps they loved Death Sticks and had a few to many one night?

8. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    They were only alcoholics because the only water they could find in the entire planet was in an alcoholic beverage. They were such thoughtful parents that they drained all the alcohol out of the beverage so their little Rey could drink pure and clean water. All that was left for them was the alcohol so they had to drink it. They sacrificed their health for their little girl. And there are some out there that are trying to say they were bad parents. To that I say pssshhhaaaaa.

rorow1 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dammit Fett you beat me to it.

Of course I like Rey’s parents. All we need is a back story with their trading barbs with Asajj Ventress in a bar.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    German beer, maybe?

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That makes them even better. I’d be concerned that they drank cheap-watered down American ****.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Unfortunately Ventress died probably before Rey's parents were born.

13. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    No, no. They traded barbs with a waitress, who served them the wrong drinks.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Shh, don’t ruin the fun by bringing up that book.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Ok. Vos was just mistaken and Ventress simply went for a long swim.

16. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Plot twist!

Rey’s parents were in the bar when Obi-Wan said that. Only her parents missed the first 4 words of “You don’t want to sell me death sticks” and also “me” because of the sounds and instead heard “Sell death sticks” and “re-think your life.”

This lead her parents to becoming Death Stick dealers and losing everything. They ended up on Jakku later.

17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    On a serious note though I do wonder if they will introduce Rey's parents to us in a book or a comic or if they will do that in a tv show or film?

18. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Shout out to them for having Top 1 genes, their child sure is easy on the eyes, good for them.

Lost_Hope likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Genes and what you get is a lottery. Rey just happened to win it.

20. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I will drink in their honor
    [​IMG]

21. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    What wonderful parents! Nice enough to leave their child with caring uncle Unkar Plutt, a playground full of rusting ships and lots of sand.

22. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I'm so relieved Rey isn't connected to the Skywalkers in any way. Time to do away with the family connections that most of us grew up with. New characters are automatically better than classic characters, of course. Yay random, unknown alcoholics!

23. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Are we sure Rey isn't a Skywalker...? I mean, we want to keep that bloodline pure. Ben Solo is only a filthy half-blood with his Muggle father. What if we had a full-blood? And because Kylo Ren is obviously a big, evil guy, of course he's lying about Rey's parents being nobody. Evil people like him and Darth Vader always lie and good people like Obi-Wan Kenobi only ever tell the truth. We should create the most Force-filled genes possible for the next generation. No more non-special, Force-free people who are total nobodies allowed!

[​IMG]

We've had both speculated as father and mother... What if the Rey Solo and Rey Skywalker camps were both right?

Lost_Hope likes this.
  24. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    Kylo? Evil? What madness is this?

25. rorow1

rorow1 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2017
    I have been close with my parents my whole life. I wish they could have had the amount of faith in me that Rey's parents had in her to be able to let her be on her own at 5. Now she's the greatest jedi ever because of the roadmap that they laid down that she followed. #trusttheprocess

panki, jamminjedi23 and GregMcP like this.