main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Not exactly a newbie, but I’ve been away so long I might as well be!

Name: Bobby
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, novels, comics, some collecting.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Airsoft, Marvel, pirates, Jurassic Park
    How did you get started on SW:
    The interest started when I found a Return of the Jedi picture book on the bookshelf in 1st grade. The cover was a shot of Luke Skywalker on Jabba’s sailing barge, green lightsaber held in front of him. The lightsaber caught my eye and sparked the imagination, but I didn’t see the movies until my aunt bought the trilogy for me in 4th grade, and I was obsessed. A year later, my best friend let me borrow his Thrawn Trilogy books, and I kept up with the EU for years.
    How did you find this board?

Originally, I was drawn to TFN by the fanfilms, then I realized the forums existed. The MSN chatrooms had shut down, so I was looking for another way to socialize online and signed up.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome (back), @Robal_Krahl !
    I think we're having another Zoom get together on Saturday, June 20, so you're welcome to join.

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Minus well, been gone for 7 years! :rolleyes: Hoping to get more involved again. :)

Name:
    Jason

SW Related Interests: Role Playing Forum---currently game mastering The Dirty Seven.

Non-SW Related Interests: Renaissance festivals. Currently the Communications & Marketing Officer of The Valiant Few and have written 2 historical-fantasy books, the newest 2022 book just came out in January: No Tears: Northern Company. The book is a special edition copy, so you do not have to buy both books (since it includes the 2016 original book---for now, with a discounted price).

How did you get started on SW: "Hello, My Name is Jason, & I've been a SW addict since the Special Editions in 1997."

How did you find this board? I stumbled across the Jedi Council Forums while in high school in the library, trying to find an outlet for my Star Wars excitement of the Special Editions. I started talking with Tim ( @kitarusapien ) back in 2002 via PM (I believe Time passed in 2005 or 2006; great guy, owe him a lot for my early days of Star Wars joy). I was a young 16 year-old kid back then. Tim was awesome enough to talk to my dad and get my parents' approval to come to a meeting. From there, my mother drove me to my first meeting and despite ups and downs in attendance due to Darth Real Life in later years, the RMFF has always had a special place in my nerdy heart. Yeah...so that's the long, short story of how I found the RMFF forums. :p

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022