main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Treasury

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by jthornto, Aug 24, 2006.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don?t forget that those ?extra? shirts were not funded by the RMFF. But that would have been the perfect scenario for using RMFF funds.

Sorry you were not at the meeting to discuss using the funds for said stickers, but it was brought up & knocked right back down. That is why AR mentioned it in his meeting minutes.

Don?t forget we have several events coming up in the future such as Mile Hi con & if I remember correctly this wiped out the treasury last time we used it for this function. We are talking about those banner stands, those are $100 each, we don?t even have enough to get more then one right now so spending it on stickers??

I know a few people said lets drop it until the BBQ, but I want that to be all fun & games (that is why we set up the August meeting date).

Just some of my thoughts

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    You better believe it Sister! [face_devil]

3. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I have a few more cents I wanna add...

this wasn't even an issue 2 weeks ago and only cuz Bill said he wanted one. (that's not a blame Bill, just a fact) [face_peace]

We have already been thinking about the banners for the museum and I would much rather see those go thru than a sticker anyday cuz presentation is everything and the look and professionalism that the banners brought to the X-Wing display that Kurt made were totally awesome! We need those more than a vinyl sticker(IMO) and since we take care of her and the more that girl looks like the best ship in the museum, the more people are gonna flood to the WOTR and that's charity we all can be really proud of! :D

JT, as a council member, I value your opinion, so please don't think I am trying to bloody your nose but if we spent RMFF funds on the banners for the X-wing, we won't be making any money back on that but we will get much out of having a bigger draw to the display. Trust me my friend, they were beautiful and I would love to see them done!
    I have a associate that does large format printing and we are also looking into this here at image west, if I can find out who is making the banner stands and they are decently priced, let's do it and put the stickers on the back burner.
    I will also be doing another shirt design this year in order to keep our funds coming in and annually for as long as I have the resources to pull them off.

...also, would it be cheaper to create our own stands say, out of PCV pipe? like the RMFF banner. I think this could be within our budget to do. IMO

4. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    something occured to me a little while ago as I talked to a good friend and in my previous post I made mention "We have already been thinking about the banners for the museum" but honestly, "We" would not be a correct term as there has never been a thread or a meeting discussion to the full extent about this topic. It has been discussed by those who were there the day the banners were displayed and passed along here and there to a few others but not really made a topic of talk amongst the group. has there been more discussion about this that I am not aware of?
    I have talked about it with Zoo several times but that's where it kinda stopped for me.

I'm a little embarassed that I jumped up to advocate so quickly without everyone knowing this was being talked about for the X-Wing.

I really would be willing to see what the cost is through my sources for the print.

5. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005

Thanks for the assist Buddy! :cool:

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I do believe only a few people have been talking about those awesome banners, if anyone paid attention the 501st had them at their table at Starfest.

I also didn't think they were just for the bird? Correct me if I'm wrong. The PVC thing really won't benefit unless they are going to be a more permanent, the best part of those banners is the way they go up fast & break down to fit in that tiny bag.

Then when it comes to the bird we have to get any signage or anything approved by WOTR.

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Bird Signage is completely different topic... Not an RMFF budget item

RMFF signage that doesn't have to be hauled & constructed, looks *professional* and is easy to store... Definitely an RMFF budget item.

8. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

Current RMFF balance is $154.00.

9. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Received a $12 donation from Reya to go towards the WOTR Halloween party.

10. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Costs for the Mile High con suite root beer float - $57.18.
    Reimbursement sent to nnaydolem.

Current balance: $108.82.

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Additional costs for the Mile High con suite root beer float - $20 for the keg
    Reimbursement sent to obi_wannabe.

Current balance: $88.82.

12. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    We will be sending $ sometime this week to help cover the St Patty's Day Parade entry fee.

Anyone else????

13. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    What's the current balance? I gave cash at the Feb meeting.

14. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Money received from Zoo.

Total balance available to RMFF - $102.82.

Additional funds (on top of the $102.82) available for the secret fund (which includes Leah's monies) - $76.00

Total RMFF balance - $178.82.

15. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Money received from kreleia.

Total balance available for RMFF events - $102.82.

Additional funds (on top of the $102.82) available for the secret fund - $151.00

Total RMFF balance - $253.82.

16. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Money received from Zoom.

Total balance available for RMFF events - $122.82.

Additional funds (on top of the $122.82) available for the secret fund - $151.00

Total RMFF balance - $273.82.

17. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    RMFF t-shirts funds out to Cory - 32 t-shirts, 5 ladies t-shirts, 7 hoodies = $658.50. Paid cash under the table at Starfest.

Reimbursement to Kim & Jeff for float materials - $122.82. Sent via PayPal 4/18/08. They are still owed $85.88 for materials. Reimbursement for the 501st still pending per receipts.

Secret Fund reimbursement to Zoo for Josh's plane ticket for Starfest - $151.00. Sent via PayPal 4/18/08.

Will calculate RMFF treasury balance after Starfest.

18. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    So what's our current fundages, Captain? You know... when you get back from Greece and the sub-continent.

19. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    bump...

oh yeah, this is a sticky

20. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Ummm...in Euros or Egyptian pounds?

I'll have an update soon. Still waiting on payment for a shirt from nnay.

21. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Nnay is supposed to give money to a meeting attendee for her shirt.

22. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Total financial breakdown from clothing sales:

T-shirts - 32
    Ladies Tees - 5
    Hoodies - 7

$17 Shirts - to Cory - $12.50 ; to RMFF - $4.50
    $18 ladies shirts - to Cory - $12.50 ; to RMFF - $5.50
    $32 hoodies- to Cory - $28.00 ; to RMFF - $4.00

ergo...

clothing fund to RMFF - $199.50

23. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

However...

Three orders were paid by via Paypal with credit cards, so we were docked for fees of $5.16.

But...

They overpaid by $5 to cover those fees.

So...

We lost 16 cents.

Therefore...

Clothing fund to RMFF - $199.34.

24. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Pre-Starfest balance: $273.82 [running balance]

Paid for Josh's transportation to Starfest from secret fund: $151 [$122.82]

Reimbursement to Kim and Jeff for float materials: $122.82 [$0]

Still owed to Kim and Jeff: $85.88 [-$85.88]

Clothing sales: $199.34 [$113.46]

Total RMFF balance - $113.46

25. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for being so detailed oriented with this Jthornto. Awesome job on the finances.

Can we donate money to the RMFF from time to time without buying something? I would like to help with the costs for the MHC suite. :)