main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Rogue One Trailers and TV Spots - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Apr 6, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thursday morning, 4/7-16, (tomorrow, as of writing this), the first Rogue One: A Star Wars Story teaser trailer will debut on Good Morning America.
    Right now, a teaser for the teaser is available:

I haven't looked at this mini-teaser, but I'm really looking forward to the full trailer! [face_dancing]

2. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    The video, only being 10 seconds long, has nothing more than what you see in the thumbnail. Just fyi.

CowMoo likes this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    The sounds are what get me...sounds pretty exciting!

Bloncket likes this.
  4. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001

pretty much. i don't want to spoil anyone too much, but the teaser to the trailer (soon, i am sure, we are going to have a teaser to a teaser to a teaser), does hint that the imperial stormtrooper costume looks a bit different than I would have expected . i thought that the story takes place right before "A New Hope", so I had figured that the Imperial stormtrooper costume would be very similar to "A New Hope".

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And now it's out!

Uh, this looks... amazing!

My initial thoughts after having watched it twice:
    -Wonderful rendition of the main theme
    -Yavin IV
    -Mon Mothma!
    -The Death Star being completed (maybe)
    -A Grand Admiral?
    -AT-AT's
    -This is awesome!

6. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    It looks beautiful. Should be intense. Good story and good characters should make for a great first spin off. Hoping for the best here. First teaser certainly did well.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Chills! I can't wait.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Question:
    Is it the same actress playing Mon Mothma in this as in the deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith? She looks perfect!

I've seen the trailer a couple of more times now.
    It looks great, but it is quite clear that this is not a "Star Wars movie". As in - it looks like a really good movie set in the GFFA, but it is quite different from the Saga movies. I'm not complaining, by the way, I think it's the right way to go with the Anthology films!

But I'm still hoping they surprise us with Donnie Yen fighting with a lightsaber in the film :p

10. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    YES YES YES. so good.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    IMO, this could be better than TFA.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  12. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Excellent teaser! Did I miss Vader?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    No Vader that I could see!
    If he's in the film, they'll probably not show him in the trailers. At least not until the final trailer.

14. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Above and beyond most teaser trailers I have seen. I'm amped up to for this one. The shot of the Death Star weapon being fitted into position was awesome.

15. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Vader breathing starts at about 1:18 in the trailer, its pretty low in the mix but it's there!

16. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

Yes it is the same actress.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Awesome! So much for "Disney wants nothing to do with the Prequels".

18. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

somewhat agree here. There is a grittiness, a down-and-dirty feeling of an underground resistance movement that was missing in "The Force Awakens". Thus far, it seems like a good blend of the original series as well as a unique atmosphere and tone of its own.

As a nice bonus, I thought I saw a version of Grand Moff Tarkin in the teaser.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Really? Where?

20. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

I could be wrong of course, but i thought it was the guy in white with the Imperial officer's dress.

oh, and i should also mention that it was a nice surprise to see Forest Whitaker in the teaser as well. Outstanding actor. And a tidbit of Donnie Yen .

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think that's Tarkin.
    It looks like someone in a Grand Admiral's uniform - like Yularen in A New Hope.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was just thinking; to play up the new movie, I think it would be cool to have a new teaser that opens briefly with the ANH clip of Mon Mothma talking about the Bothan spies....screen darkens....and then reopens again to new clips to the movie. That's how you get the general public to know what this movie is about.

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, here's my in-depth analysis of the visuals in the trailer - with pictures (not great pictures all of them, Youtube compression isn't pretty).
    Trailer-spoilers obviously:

[​IMG]
    Wonderful A New Hope designs. The egg-helmets are back!
    I also like the Gonk droid, and the Yavin IV-style ruins (I'm guessing it is Yavin IV, but we can't be too sure).
    Lots of lense flares in this trailer. The JJ haters who were whining about his lensflares are probably going to hate this too :p Personally, I think they look great!

[​IMG]
    Now we're mixing A New Hope imagery with a Return of the Jedi character and a Revenge of the Sith actress. Marrying the films - isn't it wonderful? I'm extremley happy to see Mon Mothma again (was a bit dissappointed she wasn't in TFA)! Didn't expect her to appear in this film.

[​IMG]
    It seems our heroine can take care of herself. I'm really intrigued by her, and I'm looking forward to learning more about her!
    Also, this Mos Eisly-ish town reminds me a bit of the locations in the old Droids cartoon for some reason. It's neat!

[​IMG]
    This just looks cool! All the sparks in the explosions remind me a lot of old 80's movies - like the OT. Those stormtroopers are cooked.

[​IMG]
    This shot. THIS SHOT! It's gorgeous!
    I'm guessing the Star Destroyer is CG, but it really looks like a model to me.

[​IMG]
    This shot is also great. I like how we actually gets to see the Death Star being completed. It also gives us a nice size comparison between the Death Star and regular Star Destroyers. The use of light and darkness is beautiful.

[​IMG]
    A shot that could be straight out of A New Hope. I love the Rebel pilots, the X-Wing in the background, the Gonk droid. I love how loyal to the original designs the film seems to be. If all of the film is like this, it won't be a problem to watch this back-to-back with ANH.

[​IMG]
    Grand Admiral Cigarette Smoking Man? :p
    I love this shot. Very ominous. I'm curious about this character! Seems to be onboard the Death Star. Looks like the room where Tarkin, Leia and Vader watch the destruction of Alderaan. Great lighting and composition.

[​IMG]
    Quite possibly my favorite shot in the trailer. Again, it reminds me of Droids - only, you know, grown up. And after four films, it's great to see the original Stormtroopers again! The tank-like vehicle looks cool.

[​IMG]
    Shadow Trooper maybe? Looks scary. That looks like a moisture vaporator in the background. Interesting.

[​IMG]
    The Death Star? A Star Destroyer? A base? Interesting! Also, looks like a new droid of some sort to the left.

[​IMG]
    Plenty of Stormtroopers, as well as some other sort of soldier. I wonder who they are. Looks a bit like scout troopers, but not quite.

[​IMG]
    Ah, the always awesome Donnie Yen! I just hope we'll get to see something like this in the movie:

[​IMG]
    ;)

[​IMG]
    The aftermath of a battle. The dead Stormtroopers in the water, the (I'm guessing) Grand Admiral in the foreground, the burning palm trees in the background. Beautiful shot!

[​IMG]
    Very cool shot. I love that the Crimson Guards are back. But what's that thing between them? And who's the hooded, kneeling character? Could it be... Snoke?
    Nah, probably not. But I'm curious!

[​IMG]
    He looks cool. That is all.

[​IMG]
    More sparks! This shot, for some reason, reminds me of the second Ewok movie. And I mean that in a good way!

[​IMG]
    D-day in the Star Wars universe? The AT-AT's are back! Love it! This has potential of being a magnificent scene!

[​IMG]
    Katniss? :p
    I like the way this shot looks, with the Imperial insignia on her shoulder. But it does remind me of The Hunger Games.

All in all, this trailer was awesome! :)

Bloncket and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    My own thoughts [TFA comparisons below]

This film may actually lessen my opinions of The Force Awakens quite a bit because this isn't someone trying to capture the ascetics and magic of A New Hope as Abrams and Kasdan did but the exact same things. There ain't no Starkillers, Resurgents, or FO troopers, but Death Star, Imperials/Imperators, and maybe even the 501st, and yet they ain't trying to recapture the magic but doing something else entirely which, funny enough, on one hand makes me much more confident for Ep VIII and on another more dread, depending on what Rian Johnson end up doing.

Basically I like how they are now taking risks. Say what you will about the Prequels, they were conceptually right in doing things differently. And I see that this is doing the same but hopefully with better execution.

Also. That is definitely a Canon ISB outfit...oh boy...

TheOneX_Eleazar and CowMoo like this.
  25. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

I agree with the part about taking risks, and letting this particular film have its own "voice" and trying to go its own way.

... I should mention that Mon Mothma and her line about the Bothans wasn't until "Return of the Jedi". My understanding is that "Rogue One" takes place just before "A New Hope".