main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Welp, at least we're still getting Dune: Part Two in 2023.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Relevant to both this and the rumoured KotOR movie.

Darkslayer and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Her previous commitments are failing, being fired and not working on any movies because Wonder Woman 2 wasn't as well received as the original, I've been told.

2Cleva likes this.
  4. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Death, taxes, SW movie gets disrupted.

5. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Oh well, here we go more drama.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is eerily similar to the days when Rogue One had production disruptions, its director took a leave and the film limped into cinemas and didn't make a billion dollars and went on to be considered a maligned failure.

7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Didn't those production issues occur during filming?

This feel more like Obi-Wan at best - an initial idea that had to be re-done to fit existing stories.

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Those production issues occurred during filming because they weren't dealt with during pre-production. I mean, the original screenwriter hired for Rogue One only received a "story by" credit because of how drastically the screenplay evolved from initial conception to finished product, and it still wasn't in good enough shape when it went in front of cameras as evidenced by the heavy retooling work Tony Gilroy had to come on board to do.

If Lucasfilm doesn't feel Rogue Squadron is ready to begin shooting and they told Jenkin, "Go do one of the other films you're under contract for so we can beat this script into shape, then come back and we'll move forward," I drastically prefer that to them realizing the film isn't working once scenes start being cut together, a la Solo.

9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    When was it ever said that Obi-Wan had to be reworked to "fit into other stories?" Did I miss that bit of news? It seems much more likely, to me, that the powers that be sinply weren't happy with the show's scripts, not that the show's issues stemmed from continuity discrepancies.

Especially since the version they're now actually rolling with is committed to jamming in another Obi-Wan vs Vader fight between RotS and ANH.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

shows that they are learning.

time doesn’t always guarantee success but it’s better then rushing

PymParticles likes this.
  11. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    I wouldn't be surprise if disney cancels the SW 2023 movie...

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Or just replaces it with another.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Darkslayer and 2Cleva like this.
  13. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    "Lucasfilm needs to take time to plan their movies out instead of rushing them into production!"
    *Lucasfilm postpones a movie to get it right instead of rushing it into production*
    "BURN KATHLEEN KENNEDY AT THE STAKE HOW DARE SHE DO THIS!"

I'm hopeful those Knights of the Old Republic rumours are true, since both that and the info that Rogue Squadron would be postponed came from the same source at roughly the same time. If one has just been confirmed, that raises the odds for the other panning out as well.

14. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, right.

15. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    She needs someone to help her like Filoni and Rian.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think "set during the old Republic era" is broad, and could mean a whole lot of different things. Interesting though.

Not only that, but the outlet offers that the story is set during the Old Republic era, which would be music to the ears of Star Wars supporters everywhere. Alita: Battle Angel‘s Laeta Kalgoridis was said to have been tasked with cracking a story for a live-action project set during the era as the first installment in a potential trilogy back in 2019, but we haven’t heard anything about it since, so maybe it’s set to explode into life at long last.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...ie-rumored-to-be-set-during-the-old-republic/

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Rian on the same sideline as she is - so I doubt he helps.

Darth Smurf and Darkslayer like this.
  18. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Duh, i Want my Rian back, you.:p

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

because only white male Filoni can make Star Wars

this is known

20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    No but we don't have female or or black/asian Filoni.;)

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Good movies are better than bad movies, but bad movies are better than no movies. :cool:

Darth Smurf and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    We do, they just haven't been assigned god-status by certain fans yet.

Star Wars had been great before Filoni came around, and it was also great when he had just minimal involvement. There is zero reason to assume that he is somehow necessary for a good or great Star Wars movie.

Somehow I doubt that Filoni thinks he is needed in such a way either, as he is way to humble to believe such nonsense. It's mostly just a bunch of fans, who want to assign everything they love onto him, regardless of whether that makes sense or not.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Riv_Shiel, Huncrweo, Golbolco and 3 others like this.
  23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Some things Disney can do:

Swap Avatar 3 with RS so Avatar 3 moves to December 2023 and RS moves to December 2024.

Fast track KOTOR and it replaces RS and RS moves to December 2025.

Fast track Taika's film to 2023.

Start Rian Johnson's Star Wars trilogy in 2023 ( Noooooooooo )

24. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Rian Johnson is above saving Star Wars at the point + he's locked up with the Knives Out sequels. He's booked and busy.

Taika is similar to Patty in that his schedule is too full right now - his film will not be coming out soon.

Seem's like they already had an Old Republic script laying around and are going to be forced into rolling with it out of necessity.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    One sentence that summarizes most of my concerns about all of this.

Riv_Shiel and Darkslayer like this.