main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ROGUE SQUADRON - Patty Jenkins Film Potentially Back On

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 10, 2020.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    If Jimbo thinks Avatar 3 is ready and can be pulled off for a 2023 date, that'd be cool. I certainly wouldn't object to back-to-back years of James Cameron releases.

This would also be cool, though I'd imagine Knives Out 3 is probably shooting for a 2023 or 2024 release date (not sure on the specifics of how Netflix intends to schedule them... or if writing has even begun on 3, for that matter) and would take precedence.

This does seem fairly likely, but in the wake of The Incal's announcement, I think I am even more excited to see Taika take that on than I am to see him do a Star Wars film. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  2. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Old Republic for 2023, all other's are too busy it seems.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    TBH I'm kinda surprised they didn't do plan to do an Old Republic movie a long time ago. So if they planned to do it now instead of Star Wars: Top Gun, i wouldn't be amazed.

Maybe this is the Kevin Feige movie.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    No it won't be any of the announced movies.

5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Rian Johnson is one of the many, many reasons why Disney Star Wars movies are in the bad place they are in.

6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    This feels like the end of the original DLFL era - when projects were announced based on who the director(s) were supposed to be more than actual scripts.

Not surprising this approach has resulted in an volatile product. Other variables are involved but putting hot name directors over the story of SW was a repeated unforced error.

Darkslayer, Sarge and Glitterstimm like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wait… wait… wait a damn minute! I thought that since Filoni is now secretly running Lucasfilm this kind of thing wouldn’t happen anymore!

8. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    He's still cleaning up messes from previous decisions.

[​IMG]

ami-padme and Darkslayer like this.
  9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Definitely. In retrospect, TLJ was the moment where the framework started coming apart, because that was the project where everything supposedly went right, but it blew up in their face anyways. If they do try for another project where they let a director take control, it can't be another of these contractors who are just there as a stepping stone to better project, they'd need to find some demented nerd who is actually obsessed with Star Wars.

ami-padme, Sarge and 2Cleva like this.
  10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm fine with it being delayed, my main source for staying engaged is in the hopes of some post SOLO content with Maul and Qi'ra onscreen so I don't really care what else gets delayed or switched around.

And a Old Republic movie sounds more enjoyable than a ''Top Gun but in space'' movie anyway

11. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Filoni is now vice-president.;)

The Chalk Jedi, Darkslayer and Luke02 like this.
  12. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I think the directors can be anyone but LFL needed someone to make sure those director stayed within the lines.

Darkslayer and Glitterstimm like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    But Rogue Squadron was announced at the exact same time as all the other projects. So either he’s in charge of everything including Rogue Squadron or he isn’t. Stop twisting things to fit your narrative.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    And? I don’t see a report claiming that the movie’s been shelved because of WW84. So…nothing that we’ve learned today brings you any closer to being right.

15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    No need for you to worry about my narrative.

[​IMG]

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly as I thought. Everything that goes wrong is Kennedy. Everything that goes right is Filoni. At least you’re consistent.

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You're too worried about the poster instead of the post.

Did I post that anywhere? No.

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m responding to the content of your posts. On the one hand you say Filoni is in charge and has been for a while. Correct? Then on the other you infer that Rogue Squadron’s delay is still Kennedy’s fault. So which is it? Is he in charge which would put the blame of the delay with him (note that I have no issue with a delay I’m just going along with the narrative that you’ve created) or is he not and you’ve been wrong this whole time?

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The bias is so strong it’s blinding.

20. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Strawman and miscategorization of what I said.

I'm not getting in a back and forth with you so you can try to ban me.

TOS says post about the poster instead of the person. Funny mod behavior.

ezekiel22x and Darkslayer like this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe you should express yourself more clearly then, because that is very much what your posts appear to be saying.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol I have no intention of banning you. Having a back and forth is kind of the whole point of a forum but okay. Talk to you later. :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Any questions on posts from today?

All the posts I've made are pretty straightforward.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In fact, it is more the opposite. WW84 did so little to derail faith in Patty Jenkins that her schedule is complicated by finding herself busy planning a greenlit sequel to it.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I loved WW1984 so I’m still very much looking forward to Rogue Squadron whenever it gets released. Also I mean it’s ******* Rogue Squadron! How cool is that!

TX-20 and CosmoHender like this.