main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference RPG Introduction Service v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Some things are better left lost and forgotten...

[​IMG]

Will you answer the call?

The Saga of the Ryujin

Now live

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Pokémon - Dawn and Dusk
    ---
    [​IMG]

---

Coming Soon...​

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    One killer. Seven personalities. Their names?

Envy

Gluttony

Greed

Lust

Pride

Sloth

Wrath

The Sinner

In development...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Ah so it returns...;)

Consider my interest piqued. :)

5. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Maputo, Mozambique.

London, England.

Tokyo, Japan.

One death in each city, all at the same identical times, adjusted for timezones.

Three deaths, and the earth will never be the same again.

Three deaths, Two people, One project.

And with that, the world was mesmerized.
    ---
    M E S M E R I Z E
    ---

Cancelled?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Mesmerize: 2020

Hypnotize: 2021-2022

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Shadowsun likes this.
  7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Following the conclusion of Wasteland Samurai Motorcycle Club, the second RPG from underReyTed Productions...

[​IMG]

The boy’s name was Ethan, and the girl’s name was Laura. They were both seniors at Angel Grove High School, and on this particular night, they were sitting on the roof of Ethan’s house situated in the rural outskirts of town, nestled together on a soft blanket laid out atop the shingles.

“So is this, like, the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?” Laura asked, leaning back on her arms and staring up at the night sky.

“Mm, top three I’d say,” Ethan laughed.

Laura punched him on the shoulder. “I still can’t believe you’ve never seen a meteor shower.”

“And I still can’t believe you’re such an astronomy nerd.”

“Ha ha,” Laura laughed sarcastically.

Ethan laid back flat against the blanket, his interlocked hands beneath the back of his head, and Laura moved over to lay her head on his chest. She could hear his heartbeat tick up when she did this. She smiled to herself.

“So when does it start?” Ethan asked.

“The weatherman said-“

A streak of light shot across the sky and Laura slapped Ethan’s chest in excitement.

“There! Did you see it?” She turned to look at Ethan.

“That was it?”

“The shooting star!”

“That little streak of light? That’s it?”

“Dude!” Laura slapped Ethan’s chest again.

“Ow!” He laughed. “Domestic abuse over here.”

“Are you not entertained?”

“Ahh, I think you might’ve overhyped it a little bit.”

Laura shook her head. “I’m disappointed in you, Ethan Johnson.”

“And I do apologize for disappointing you, Laura St. John. Please, allow me to make it up to you.”

“Oh, and how do you suppose you’ll do that?” Laura feigned playful skepticism.

“I’ve got a few ideas,” Ethan grinned and wrapped his arm around Laura’s back, pulling her close and kissing her softly.

“I knew you humored me with ulterior motives,” Laura said.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Ethan pulled away melodramatically, “Did you wanna go back to watching the meteor shower? Am I just a distraction?”

Laura pursed her lips in a grin and shook her head. “Dork.” She leaned back in and the two teenagers resumed their rooftop bliss.

They continued like this for a small while, distracted enough by each other that they didn’t notice the asteroid heading straight their way.

When Ethan peaked his eyes open, they quickly widened in shock.

“Laura!” He pulled his face back and Laura turned quickly. They froze, paralyzed as they watched a meteor shoot by them so close they could feel the rush of air it left in its wake. Laura’s hair blew into Ethan’s face, and he shook it away just in time to feel the house beneath them tremor from the shock of the meteor’s impact on the earth.

“Ethan,” Laura’s eyes were wide. They were both breathing heavily.

“Yeah?”

“You’re hurting me.”

Ethan looked down at his hand, which he’d just realized was gripping Laura’s arm with the force of a young man whose life had just flashed before his eyes. He released it.

“Sorry. Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Are you?”

“Yeah.”

“Holy...”

They were both looking at the crashed meteor lying at the end of the crater it had created upon landing, stretching the length of the house next to which it crashed.

Ethan cursed to himself, noticing the ladder that he and Laura used to climb on to the roof had fallen down and was lying in the grass.

“Stay here,” he told Laura. “I’ll get the ladder.”

By now they were both on their feet, standing on the edge of the roof to get a better view of the prodigious rock. Ethan went to the front of the roof at its lowest point, knelt down and jumped off the one story house and on to the grassy front yard below. He walked around to the side opposite the meteor, grabbed the ladder and headed back to the front.

“Ethan?” Laura called.

“I’m coming.” He lifted the ladder and set the top end against the front of the house for Laura to climb down.

“Look,” came Laura’s voice from the roof. Ethan walked a few paces to his left and looked around the corner of the house to look at the meteor. It had begun to give off a faint white glow that seemed to come from the inside, showing through various cracks in the surface.

“What the...”

“I’m coming down,” Laura said as she walked quickly over to the ladder and began to descend. Ethan was there waiting for her, wrapping his arm around her as her feet touched the ground. From the side of the house came a loud cracking noise, and the two of them knew as their eyes locked that it had to be coming from the meteor.

“We should call someone,” Laura said. Ethan nodded, grabbed her hand and slowly walked to the side of the house where the meteor lay.

When they rounded the corner, they froze as they saw the shadow of a woman standing in front of the crater, staring directly at them. She wore no clothing, and seemed to be drenched from head to toe, her long black hair dripping water down her body. Despite this, she stood tall, almost confidently, and continued staring at Laura and Ethan.

“Can we help you?” was all Laura could think to say.

The woman tilted her head slightly to the side, looking the girl up and down. “Clothing,” she said. Her voice was soft, emotionless.

Ethan looked at Laura, who looked back at him and shrugged, and began to unzip the coat she wore over her shirt. Ethan touched her arm, hesitant.

“It’s fine,” Laura said. Ethan, worried, let go. Laura removed her coat, turned, and walked slowly towards the stranger, whose eyes were difficult to see in the dark. She noticed the meteor behind her no longer had its white glow. “Here,” Laura held out her jacket. “Can we call someone for you?”

The woman’s eyes looked down at the jacket in Laura’s extended hand for a moment, then up at the night sky. “Where are we?” she asked. Her voice still showed no emotion, and a chill rippled down Laura’s spine.

“Um,” Laura looked back at Ethan, who began to approach them. “Angel Grove?”

“Angel Grove,” the woman repeated. “I have never heard of this planet.”

“Planet...” Ethan said as he stepped next to Laura, who’d pulled back her arm by now and let the jacket hang by her side. “You mean... Earth?”

The woman’s head suddenly snapped forward, her eyes darting from the sky to Ethan’s eyes in an instant. The look paralyzed him, and he noticed the same white glow from the meteor seemed to be present in this woman’s eyes.

“Earth,” she said, and her voice was now a little louder than it had been. “This is Earth?”

“Well, yeah, I mean...” Ethan and Laura exchanged glances that betrayed their confusion, but the woman was no longer paying attention. Her gaze had wandered into the distance, pointed at nothing in particular. Slowly, horribly, a twisted grin came over her face.

“Zordon,” she said. And before the two young lovers in front of her had any time to react to the name she’d just spoken, their stomachs were impaled by the sharpened claws that extended from the woman’s fingers. She twisted both of her hands, feeling their blood wash over her skin as the nails of her fingers protruded ever so slightly out of their backs, and watched as they took their final breaths together, faces painted with utter fear, shock, and pain. With a firm yank, she removed her hands from their bodies, and let them fall to the ground with a synchronized thud. She watched them for a moment, slowly licking her fingers as she did.

“At last,” she said to the stillness of the night, and let out a hideous cackle that echoed for no living soul to hear.

Power Rangers: Origins

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The Kingdom is looking for a Chief Medical Officer, to serve aboard the Darkest Night! If interested, please PM me for details. This is an immediate opening, which needs to be filled ASAP, because of the progress of the game. The sooner its filled, the better! :)

Your character would be replacing Debgate, who was RPed by the great @Sith-I-5 before his passing earlier this year. Debgate is currently being RPed by me, but I've been in the process of moving all of Sith's characters to retired status, as to not dilute his legacy with those characters.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Kalio_Dynkos likes this.
  9. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Some nightmares never end.
    ---
    The Yakuza: Rebirth
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Coming Soon
    ---​

Darth_Elu likes this.
  10. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    My character Lavinia is a human female in her mid twenties who wears black dresses and haunts socialite dinners and smoky parlors. She is an actress. And (ridiculous) rumors would tell you that she moonlights as a pro thief or even assassin.

[​IMG]

Bathed in the dark side of the Force. Not limited to Star Wars. Fairly genre fluid but tends toward crime or neo-noir.

If you would like to include her in your roleplay, PM me and we'll talk!

@Kurisan @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Bravo, Kurisan and TheAdmiral like this.
  11. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

The ambient sound of pouring rain ruthlessly beating against the roof of the truck was interrupted with the clattering sound of a cassette tape being haphazardly jammed into the tape deck. There was a pause, a moment of whirring as the tape began playing. There was nothing but crackles from the poor audio quality, then heavy breathing. It was slow at first, as if someone had just sprinted a great distance and stopped. The breathing began to gain speed, as if the person had been seen and began running again. Away from something, or someone.

The breather began to panic. Short bursts of whimpering as the breather grew exhausted. They could only run so long. Then the sniffing followed. Perhaps it was cold outside and the breather's nose began to run, but there was a more probable reason. It was made clear when whoever was in the recording began to cry. The breathing slowed again. They could run no longer.

The audio stopped. There was a clicking and whirring, and then silence, save for the rain. The thundering rain. The more it was listened to, the louder it grew. A pair of eyes took their attention away from the dashboard, and wandered towards the window. The beating of the rain continued to grow louder.

[​IMG]

A scream, a sound of a struggle, a thud, and then silence, save for the rain. The thundering rain.

---
    There Existed an Addiction to Blood
    ---

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017

You!

[​IMG]

You, yes you, are one of those few upon the earth who have it. The gift.

Supernatural strength. The ability to harness your body's capabilities into devastating vessels of energy.

[​IMG]

This is why you have this invitation to your destiny. The ultimate tournament that will show the world you are the strongest human to walk among us!

We at NAMMA Corporation have invited to you Tokyo, Japan for the 1987 Grand NA MMA Tournament for you to prove yourself. You have been noticed, and you have been chosen.

Test your might!

[​IMG]

ENTER THE DRAGON
    Coming to the RPF soon

13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Looks awesome!

Begins brainstorming...

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Awesome Vo!!! I can't believe you're managing to hook me on this! *( Well, it has fighting so...Kryptonite )

Sign me up!! *( HADOKEN!!! )

Master Vo'Un'Var and Shadowsun like this.
  15. ActRaiser

ActRaiser Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2008
    Wait! you're telling me that this is the only place I can advertise me RPG? no wonder I annoyed so many people with my previous ideas.
    im sorry. Here it is in a proper place.
    An Earth Isekai
    We are empowered individuals from this Earth. In this Isekai idea, players are empowered in various ways. You could be people with powers you just got through unusual means, such as Heirs, something more like a Super Hero Origin, Or you could be reincarnated folks of fictional characters. The year's around 2300, and the world is transitioning between the Cyber Era to the Space Operatic Setting. Humanity's been regulating super powers of all kinds with partial success for many decades now, and might be also transitioning from just a bad democratic era like The Republic from Star Wars to a fascistic regime. Characters could take sides in conflict or establish their own factions. The Demiurge, a creator god has gone senile after surviving for many eons. As a result, all realities across the multiverse are breaking down. Something must be done to stop this.

16. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hi there! Would you like to tell character-driven stories? If so, you should play Elite League Limmie.

That’s that RPG about sports.

Only sort of! It’s really about creating a character you love and letting them loose. It all happens in the context of sports, but it’s up to you how much you want sports to be part of your story.

Really? It’s not just about sports?

Here are some actual storylines, all of which were player-generated:
    • Kidnappings
    • Jedi vs. Sith battles
    • Civil wars
    • Family dramas
    • Courtroom battles
    • Political campaigns
    • Romantic relationships
    • Invasions and wars
    • Making the best nachos in the galaxy
    And that’s in addition to storylines that are about sports—but even then they’re usually about something else too!

Nachos?

It’s a thing. Don’t worry about it. It’s not important right now. Unless you want it to be important.

But isn’t there a lot to catch up on? That is a really, really long thread.

Honestly, no. Yeah, there’s a lot of history, but you don’t have to care about it. The GM will help you with what you need to know.

OK… I’m intrigued. This still sounds different than a regular RPG.

It has been, but we’ve improved the game! We’ve streamlined the character creation process to make it more like other RPGs.

We’re also now providing new players with GM prompts. It’s still a sandbox game, but we’ve eased the transition. We know that joining a new game can be tough. Our hope is that this new approach will make it easier to be part of ELL.

We’ve also cut out a lot of things that built up over time and gone back to basics. That’s returned the focus to what’s most important: people having fun.

OK. You’ve convinced me. I want in. When can I join?

You can join ELL whenever you want. It’s part of our improved onboarding flow!

But guess what? You’re lucky! We’re approaching the start of a new season, which is the best time to join! In fact, we’ve got a big extravaganza to kick off the newest season that’s a perfect opportunity to join.

Where can I learn a little bit more?

Check out our new-and-improved opening post.

You can also see how the new season is kicking off.

Awesome. Let’s do this.

Just PM @Trieste to get started!

17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    The neon lights of a nearby shop cast garish purples and magentas upon the alleyway where a crumpled body lay. She was pretty and young, her blue skin almost complimenting the light that shone upon her. Her lekku were splayed out behind her, her eyes staring into the distance, her face frozen in a look of fear.

Trash was strewn all around, and her in the center discarded, used up and thrown to the side, like this planet had done to so many.

The bump on her throat showed her violent death, strangled by a ghostly hand, murdered by an anger that permeted the scene.

A homeless being moving through looking for a place to sleep finds her, their eyes widen and they run quickly the other direction, not even so much as leaving a message with the Coruscant Security Force.

Eventually someone called and in no time two Sccers stood over the body.

"Another one huh…" Officer Arcadi a Devaronian said shaking his head.

"Yeah, looks like," Officer Triz, his Zabrak partner, said, pulling a cigarette from her pocket. "How many does that make?"

"Four, in a few months…"

"I hate these Serial things. It's always crazy." Triz took a drag from her cigarette.

"And looks like this killer is Force Sensitive." Arcadi crouched down to look at the victim's throat with no sign of nursing.

"Can't get much worse can it. Not just a monster but a monster with power."

"Well, aren't all spoonbenders monsters?"

"Hey, my sister's one of those spoonbenders, she's not a monster." The Zabrak turned his head, eyes narrowed.

"And you can train a Rancor." The Devaronian fired back.

"Just canvas the area…"

At that their comms rang…

They answer in unison, getting the same message.

"Are we seriously?" Arcadi said shaking his head.

"Seems like," his partner answered, "We're to hand this case over to the FSS."

"Those clowns? Come on, we can handle this." Acradi tapped his fingers against his chest.

"Chief says otherwise…The writing is on the wall." The pair turn their backs, their blue and red lights shining on the wall behind the poor unfortunate soul. Lighting up an hourglass painted on the wall in black.

Coming January 17 2022

Hourglass

18. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  19. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
  20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Whoops we love sending drafts through by mistake...

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    T4M1-7 and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]
    ---
    The Masquerade

---

greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  22. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017

[​IMG]
    ---
    And so the shadow falls over the realms,

Divided and broken, as centuries of peace shatter,

Peace shattered by the crushing fist of one,

Hark, weary traveller and weathered mercenary, for the time approaches,

When the sun shall bleed, and the skies will turn to ash,

Hark, and prepare, for he who breaks the wheel brings upon the tide of darkness,

Watch the tears of the Khan fall, and the Lord Regent sit upon the throne,

For this is truly the end of your land. Weep, and mourn, for twilight is upon thee.

---
    The Return of the Khan
    A Dark Fantasy Story
    Spring 2023​

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    T4M1-7, greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.