main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Russia: its impact on the world, its invasion of Ukraine, and its future

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 24, 2011.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Using Chechenya as a blueprint, the attack may be treated by Putin as justification for a massive escalation against Ukraine.

SithOverlord101 and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    ... and that's exactly what's happened.
    Poland's Air Force is on alert as Russian cruise missiles accidentally went into Polish airspace. I say accidentally, because I think it was truly a case of Russia not giving a **** when firing their missiles, rather than a non-subtle threat to Poland itself.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Meanwhile, Ukraine continues to make excellent use of Western munitions and has pulled another successful airstrike on Sevastopol, reportedly taking another two large Black Sea Naval Vessels out of the war effort and damaging a main Black Sea Fleet communications Hub.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Like I get why the Russian government is blaming Ukraine, but what a weird picture they are painting. That I guess Ukraine, America and ISIS-k teamed up. The fact that anyone believes this is beyond stupid

5. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    “Makes excellent use of Western munitions.”

… weird comment.

I find this attack very interesting due to the growing Russian influence in the Sahel, which has…. Sort of been to the benefit of Islamic extremists.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    These days, mis- and disinformation doesn’t even have to be moored to a flimsy foundation of truth. In some ways, the more insane it is, the more traction it gets in the public mind. Making it one of the great modern threats to society.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also I have to assume ISIS K delayed the attack after America said to use caution in Moscow as they had intelligence of an attack by an extremeist organization. I wonder if America shared any more details with Russia I hope they did.

8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I think the timing was always designed to be immediately after the faux election to embarrass Putin.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There had been intel since November, ISIS is more about targets of opportunity, if they had wanted to make a "statement" about the election they could have done it on the election. It just took them this long to do it, I think Russian officials had even stopped an earlier attempt. Anyway its not worth wasting the brain cells to decode the "message" of a bunch of cowardly lunatics like ISIS

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do find it extremely funny that their propaganda doesn’t work cause the Kremlin keeps tangentially blaming Ukraine.

Also this was the biggest ISIS attack in a while. Last one I heard about was the bombing they did at the Kabul airport

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    And which should come as no surprise, Russia is now using the assault to round up immigrants and throw them out of the country.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ukraine aid has passed (along with aid to Israel, Taiwan, and a TikTok ultimatum).

13. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Passed what?

14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    just an absurd number of billions of dollars in military weapons

Darth Guy, SuperWatto and Ghost like this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    $95 billion in aid - between Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan. ($61 billion to Ukraine, $26 billion to Israel)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    SuperWatto likes this.
  16. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    That is indeed an absurd number of billions of dollars.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  17. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Russia mocked that the United States was in "another Afghanistan" and somehow irony died for the umpteenth time

18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    60 billion will buy lots of artillery, tanks, bullets, even some quality air defense systems. But it’s not nearly enough to match Ru military power and more importantly it can’t buy quality soldiers to fight in trenches and burned out commie blocks, at least not in the numbers Ukraine needs to reverse the tides of battle. In the long run they’d probably be better off switching to an asymmetric military posture and invest that money in drones and electronic warfare, but that would mean giving up territory to draw Ru armed forces into operational over-extension, and major territorial losses are politically unacceptable at this point for a variety of reasons.

19. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Ru.

Do you mean Gru?

20. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    The savagery of the minion army is truly terrifying.

Alpha-Red and SuperWatto like this.
  21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They don't really need to "match Russian military power" or "reverse the tides of battle." Just halt the current momentum and recreate a stalemate.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Will no one think of the European imperialist state that just wants a little lebensraum?

Alpha-Red and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    In this instance “creating a stalemate” would mean turning the tide of battle. 60$ bn isn’t going to create a stalemate . . .

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It seems a bit early to declare that Ukraine could never return the war to a stalemate. Russia has only just regained the momentum earlier this year, and it’s hardly a breakthrough or collapse of the Ukrainian lines.

Bor Mullet and blackmyron like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wouldn't even say they've turned the tide. Russia is the larger and more powerful nation (in the traditional sense). Them having lost momentum whatsoever is merely an indication of how poor Russia is doing.

Alpha-Red likes this.