main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: CURRENTLY CLOSED, NEW THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION; PLEASE USE WRETCHED HIVE FOR NOW, THANKS

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Jul 22, 2019.

?

Which are better, memes or gifs? (via Darkslayer)

Poll closed Sep 27, 2019.
  1. Memes

27.6%
  2. Gifs

41.4%
  3. s_heffley's 3rd choice. here, i gave it to you. never forget ser pounce.

31.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Talking, now we are!

[​IMG]

:p

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    See, this is a thoughtful and informative analysis of Prometheus.

Me, like, ah, cool, slimy, worm, heh, alien dude, scary, ah!, oh, creepy, C section, gross, AH!, weird, ow, oh, strange, XENOMORPH, yeah, yeah, uh, huh, what?

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That's interesting CIS.

Any chance you could do Tony Stark with a chicken face?
    Or Peter Parker with an elephant trunk on his face?
    How about Thanos with hamburger for his face and body and with a little McDonald's hat on?

5. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah, i could do all those, dont have the time today though, so i will do them next week sometime.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    @ThisIsMe1138, it's amazing that you've read so many 'heavy' texts at school, the most complex thing we ever read was Romeo and Juliet ("Do you bite your thumb and me sir? Do you quarrel sir? Me sir, no sir, etc. ;).

In my final year of English we read Of Mice and Men, Lord of the flies and the play Blood Brothers, which were all pretty enjoyable :)

Also, 90% of the warehouse staff where I'm working have to endure a boring talk right now, since I'm leaving after today I don't have go through all that :p

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Was at a school Thurs. & a ball hit me in the arm. Not 10 min. later another hit me right in the chest. And I stepped in gum. IN the building.

Also, want to <insert Huttese style joke here> about some substance that was on the cafeteria floor but I’ll refrain.

With the Avengers, I call Scarlet Witch. Her red & black aesthetic greatly pleases me.

Catching up.
    This made me lol cause Country Roads is in 2 of his movies: Kingsman 2 (still haven’t seen it myself; hated the first one) & Logan Lucky (2017). Highly recommend LL; really fun heist film! With heart! And you can’t go wrong with Rachel #1, Kylo Ren, Magic Mike, Bucky Barnes & James Bond.

Whisper of the Heart also has Country Roads in it; plays an important part of the movie & has different versions of it. Sweetest little movie.
    [​IMG]
    Dags! I didn’t have time to respond but I was gonna say Zam is Dags’; I can’t be her, least not without approval.

And I’ll be Jocasta Nu. I pile my hair in a bun often enough, & I’m deep into my studies, so Ms. Nu’s a close fit for me I guess.

And happy 4th! That’s awesome; glad to have gotten to know you, here’s to four + more years to come.
    Same. I mean you’re not wrong.
    [​IMG]
    I read The Iliad in an undergrad English class. It was okay but admittedly only cause I saw Troy in HS (in my mythology class) & so I just kept thinking of Brad & Orlando.

Also read Antigone & Medea & LOVED both. So much pathos; was incredibly compelled by the characters. In Antigone I sided w/her of course but truly could see all sides & thought they all made valid points, felt sorry for everyone, & that doesn’t usually happen.

Loved Medea. I know what she did is AWFUL. However, I felt like she is such a tragic character, & I could understand the rage & pain she felt. Jason’s an awful person. Kinda sucked no one got my POV in class, but at least I said my piece.

Read Lysistrata too. Idk why, maybe partly cause we got no warning from our prof lol, but I was a bit taken aback by the plot; did like that one though. Need to reread all of them.

We had to memorize lines from a play & I chose a selection from Antigone. Was gonna record myself reading it cause I still have them, but I did a test run & sounded awful so nope.
    Lol yep. Ages ago I said I’d post the Capt. Marvel shawl I made, but since I don’t like posting pics, here it is as my avi. Plus like half of you have seen it. Didn’t put the pic of me cause I don’t like it now lol.

Also Dandy, I was worrying you were avoiding me lol, whew. Did you get my pm?

Finally, happy Friday y’all! We’ve survived the week, thank goodness! [​IMG]

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
  10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Woohoo it’s Friday

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Neato...

[face_mischief]

14. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Actually I updated it it's now yeeto Cheeto in my burrito.
    I told to that to my friend and she responded, "... I am now convinced the earth is hell and God had left us. " [face_laugh]

15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

16. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    I tried to show my brother the picture of Heffley with the llama, so I said, "Look it's Heff and a llama" but evidently he heard wrong because he goes, "What was Heff doing in a llama?" [face_laugh]

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    #JusticeforEighthBrother
    #Hesnotdeadjustresting
    #8broisSnoke

[​IMG]

18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, this scene suddenly feels a whole lot less innocent:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    I still don't understand what's going on with the whole black light thing

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    All that talk about school subjects last night, so here's my experience.

Back in the day I used to be very good at the academic side, maths, physics etc., while being very poor at most creative subjects like art or music.

On the other hand, I did like and do well in English, which skirted the line. We never did enough creative writing though, that's probably why I've written so much this year, making up for missed time ;)

3 gruelling years of University very much put me off of maths and physics, so now I find myself tending to get more joy out of creative pursuits, like my scattered attempts at sketching for instance.

Weirdly I think History might have been a good choice in retrospect. It has aspects of analytical study, learning the facts, but also an interpretative side to piecing things together :)
    Plus it always had the best school trips :p It does depend on the investment to the topic being studied, some eras bore me to tears while others have me enraptured (1800s American West was probably my favourite period we studied, so varied and dynamic) :)

21. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    thanks for the comments on the math/music topic from last night @Dagobahsystem @Huttese 101 @ThisIsMe1138

i never even attempted a music theory class; i had enough trouble just trying to read the bass clef when i was taking piano lessons, lol (and like hutts, I was a terrible music student...never could make myself practice consistently and then would sweat bullets every week dreading that moment when my music teacher would realize how little i had practiced and hating to see that look of disappointment on his face:p)

that's amazing that you can do something on all those different instruments, dags. i'm kind of like Colbert (in that Macca interview this week if you saw the whole thing) when it comes to ppl who can play music--it always seems a little like "magic" to me! maybe someday you can post a "soundcloud" clip or something in ryl so we can hear a sample of your playing?

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

That's my face you're talking about! :mad:[face_phbbbbt]

But yeah, I am terrifying [face_mischief]