main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Chris0013, Nov 28, 2020.

1. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I will be interested to see if that still image of Sabine looking at the he mural will be part of the actual show. As you can clearly tell it is the animated characters and in live action those characters won't look exactly like that.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If anything I would assume Filoni would want to transition almost exactly out of that scene as shown in animation to recreating in in live action as closely visually as possible, same costumes and everything.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am convinced of this.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The only discernible difference I have seen is Sabine having a bit more hair on top of her head compared to the animated scene, which may be the only practical aesthetic difference Filoni might use if the head of hair and makeup insists that’s the best option.

He’s even seemingly copied over the *exact* mural, rather than trying to update it a bit.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Natasha Liu Bordizzo interview, mostly about her Netflix movie Day Shift (not a fantastic movie but if you need more Bordizzo in your life, and everyone does, she has a minor part that she puts him nice moments into). Of course after about 3 questions everyone asks her about Star Wars

You just landed the role of Sabine Wren in the new Star Wars series “Ahsoka.” Can you share a bit more about landing the role, and what playing Sabine will entail?
    It was just my birthday, and [the Star Wars team] gave me this stunning poster I have on my wall. The whole crew signed it, and Dave Filoni, who is one of our creative writers, producers and directors, drew me as Sabine for the first time on the poster. It was such a moment. But yeah, it’s a character that already existed in [the animated series] “Star Wars: Rebels,” and I’m so excited that I get to play the live-action version. I am so in love with the Star Wars universe and galaxy and everything that the franchise means. It’s that warm feeling you get. It’s so much about family, hope and love, and it’s just different in that sense.

Were you a “Star Wars” fan growing up?
    Yeah, I was. Although I wasn’t obsessed, I loved the films. Some of them came out before I was born. I watched the others that came out when I was a kid, and I would watch them with my parents, mostly my dad. It’s exciting when more content comes out because families can generationally watch them all and meet fresh content with the next generation. This world has existed for so long, but we can still find new ways to explore stories within it and new characters. I was especially reinvigorated by “The Mandalorian“ when it first came out. It began in this fresh slate of shows that are now the fresh chapters of the new galaxies.

What about Sabine resonates with you most?
    Everyone jokes that I’m like Sabine in real life for many reasons. I do feel like this student to the world, in a way. In the same way she’s learning things, I feel like I’m learning a lot from the lessons in this show. There are so many parallels it’s almost creepy. I relate most to her journey to overcome internal conflict and achieve a state of reaching her highest potential.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I actually really like the long hair. Of the live action recasts, I think this is the only one they got right. (they REALLY got this one right.)

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It will be enlightening to see where they take her character. Is her family alive after the Purge, does she have a crisis of faith etc...

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’d prefer they be dead. Actually. I think there should only be a couple of thousand of Mandos left

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Depends if they were on Mandalore during the Purge. Din credits the survival of his group to them being on Mandalore's moon, which is basically a trip next door in the Star Wars universe, so if Clan Wren were on Krownest they could still be out there. Heck, Kalevala seemed to be untouched and that was Bo Katan's home and she was the big leader of the Mandalorian Resistance against the Empire. They definitely left room open for some familiar Mandos to reappear.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True enough. However one must assume that most of the people who call themselves Mando were on the actual planet

12. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Loved Sabine, and great to see her cast in real life.

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The Wren home is on Krownest.
    As I said back at the beginning of the thread. Parents dead but Tristan alive. And he is the head of the family because of some of the things in Sabine's history.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    It's weird to me that some people around the internet got upset about a character having... longer hair. Am I in an alternate reality where people don't change the length or style of their hair?

It doesn't matter anyway because the leaked footage shows her with short hair at other times, but it's just such a ridiculous complaint.

Anyways, costume looks good, cool to see her in live action, hopefully the performance stacks up. Not much else to go on at this point.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Is that a hologram of Ezra?

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    They really should have made the mural less cartoonish for the show. To me the one-to-one translation feels cheap. But that’s just me.
    They’re idiots. These are the same fools who think characters should never wear different outfits. The kind of fan pressure that perhaps explains why Bo-Katan has not changed her clothing in thirty years. And Hera and Sabine seem to have suffered that same ridiculous fate.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    Alarinne and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  17. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    Still better than Andy Warhol;).

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Eh…no? :)

19. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    They've used different outfits a couple of times each. And Hera's live-action outfit is at least slightly different from what she had in Rebels. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    To be fair, I pretty much wear the same outfit every day.

khuddle, Sarge, moxlox and 2 others like this.
  21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So do I… Grey button up and khaki dress pants is just a solid teaching outfit.:cool:

However, I think that Sabine’s “Conventional Rebel” outfit with the orange shirt and jacket definitely feels like it might be part of an attempt to suggest that she might have embraced the Rebellion more than her Mandalorian heritage during the OT, possibly as a coping mechanism for the Purge.

…Which leads me to my first ever Sabine-in-Ahsoka theory: that they’re going to sort of introduce her to the live action as “just” a Rebel, and build up towards her reluctantly getting her armor out and donning it again, possibly with a Mulan-style significant haircut into her look from the end of Rebels.

It all really depends on whether that Rebels scene takes place before the Ahsoka show - in which case they could use the time lapsed between then and now to excuse her growing her hair out - or deeper into the Ahsoka show’s run.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, the shot of her kneeling with her helmet in front of her gives the impression that she hasn’t worn it for a while, and is conflicted.
    She looks great, but Rosario as Ahsoka is also phenomenal (same with Saw, Thrawn, etc). Hera will take some getting used to, but in any event, I don’t look for exact translations from a cartoon to the screen when it comes to faces. The most important thing is whether or not they capture the spirit of the character. I see no flaws on that front.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Vader Bob and godisawesome like this.
  23. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Oh absolutely. Just like with Bo-Katan suddenly in a self imposed exile, I’m sure they’ll start Sabine as somebody down on their luck until they’re forced to “re-discover” themselves and go on whatever adventure the story needs.

Easy enough of a starting point to re-introduce a character for live-action, especially if they wanna tone down the bubbly Mando who spray paints TIE Fighters into bright colors.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    To me. I was used to her having shorter hair. The funniest **** I ever read though was someone saying they made her straight. Like Bruh what the **** are you talking about. In no way did they state anywhere that she was anything. And also what a weird ass stereotype. All lesbians have short hair. And this was said by someone who wanted her to be one. The internet continues to confuse me.

but I just liked the shorter hair cause it was what I was used to seeing. It’s not that big of a deal.

25. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    Yeah, I pretty much look like Ned Flanders at this stage of my life too.