main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Savory Pancakes

Discussion in 'Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by Jedi Bluth, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 7

Sep 4, 2021
    Anyone ever had any kind of savory pancake?

I have enjoyed Green Onion Pancakes...

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh, wow. I kind of want to make those now.

Findswoman and Jedi Bluth like this.
  3. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 7

Sep 4, 2021
    Oh they are great. I love 'em!

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I consider scallion pancakes (sometimes marketed as Chinese Pizza) to be peak cuisine, when prepared correctly.

5. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    Savory pancakes are great. The first secret is they need to be thin, thick pancakes work with maple syrup or chocolate spread or what have you, but a savory pancake needs to be thin, because the topping is going to take up the space. Brie, camembert, emmental are all good choices.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Potato pancakes (latkes) topped with sour cream and applesauce, all the way! I am a little bummed that I only had the chance to make one batch of them for Hanukkah earlier this month; sometimes I manage two. I grate my potatoes coarsely, let the grated potato sit in water a bit to leach the starch out, and sprinkle it liberally with lemon juice to keep it from going gray. And making them thin definitely is key, though can be difficult to do.

I have never tried Chinese scallion pancakes but they sound fantastic, and they’re something I’d certainly try if and when I get the chance.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I have also had these with dried shrimp mixed in as well. It's absolutely delicious!

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I feel like this is redundant, all pancakes are savory.