main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge September is WIP Month! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—It’s On!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Aug 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Got my final update for Bouquets up middle of last week. :)

2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    My latest progress:
    • Total word count for the EtF sequel is 4,173
    • Total for Beneath the Gods of the Bright Sky is 1,309
    • Total word count for Enter the Drabble is 800 (as soon as I get to 1,000, I'll post my next set :p)
    • And I don't have a word count goal for this, but I've written about 1,200 words today for my Latin quote roulette vig, which is the other fic I need to finish to complete one of my large goals [face_relieved]

3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations to everyone who's made progress and achieved their goals this month! =D=

I've managed 3 more reviews on three lovely stories for a total of 5:

Two twins by @earlybird-obi-wan
    [Multifandom] Keepsake Bouquets, Moments to Fondly Recall by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    [Star Trek] Anticipating 2 Milestones by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

I've also managed to write 1,000 words on Through These Tangled Threads of Light for a total of 1,500 words. Crossing my fingers I can finish the last set I need to catch up on to reach my goal for the month! :p

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    4k on "Black King," there's just the slimmest chance I'll finish my large goal by the end of the month

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    670 more words on Coming Home, for a new total of 4209 :mara:

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  7. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    I'm at 8k on "Black King," and I'm so close I can taste it - but also I have no idea how to end this story, hopefully the answer will come to me in my sleep I-)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    reached my large goal on Fin fun with a total of 6196 words

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Great work! I’ve updated both of you. @earlybird-obi-wan all of yours are checked off now—nice work! :cool: @vader_incarnate you're aaalllmooost theeeere! :D

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Left a review for Mourning by @vader_incarnate, which takes me to five reviews, and wrote 846 words on Coming Home for a new total of 5055, so I have achieved my goals for this month [face_party]

11. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    10,043 but more importantly I know how this story ends now [face_party] finish line is in sight

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Updated you both—look at the two of you wrapping up this month in style! Love it! :cool:

13. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    So I don't know if this counts for WIP month but I managed to write 578 words for Week 7 of Through These Tangled Threads. They're not posted because I still have to fix and rewrite and edit them down to 500 words. But counting this draft brings my total words written to 2,078, so if that counts I actually made that goal! :D

14. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Done with "Black King," with a final word count of 11,661! [face_party] I'm going to go back still and edit it to bits, but it's all connected together reasonably and with no placeholder text like [noun] just hanging out in the ether, so I'm calling it done. :D

*collapse*

15. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Much respect to everyone meeting or working toward your writing and reviewing goals! ^:)^

You all are amazing and an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work, everybody, as September draws to a close!

16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats to everyone who's already made a goal or three! Currently attempting to write 3 more drabbles and do some minor continuity editing for the first two. So close and yet so far! Anyone else crunching 'til the last minute? :p

17. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Three drabbles and some editing down! Two more to go! Tomorrow, though. I-)

18. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I just crossed 5,000 words on the EtF sequel for a total of 5,013, and I also wrote another 1,800 words on and posted Guardian last night, which was the Latin quote roulette vig I needed to finish, so that's both of my large goals completed! [face_party]

I still have one more review to get to, so hopefully I can manage that sometime tonight. :p

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @amidalachick @vader_incarnate @ViariSkywalker you're all updated now! Way to wrap up this month! =D=

@Kahara, could you please remind me where in your index I should mention the three finished drabbles? Are they part of "Twin Suns Bed and Breakfast" or something else? Thanks! :)

20. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    So I was hoping on finishing my story The Price of Victory
    but ultimatley Darth Real Life was too extreme and up until today I didn`t managed to do anything on this story. Though today I finished another chapter with about 2500 words the story is still far from finished so I sadly fail this year I guess.

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    No worries, Anedon! I completely understand what DRL can do. It's great to hear you managed a chapter, at least—every little bit counts and brings you closer to done. Taking care of yourself is the main thing, and we're here to support you no matter how things go! [:D]

22. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah thanks, also managed a OS two days ago for the OTP challenge. Nothing done whole month and like 5000 words in 2 days... [face_laugh]

23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey, when the groove hits, you go with it! :D

24. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Exactly! Finally over the writers block again...

25. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Right under the wire, I have OFFICIALLY finished and posted my next chapter of Now You're a Home. I couldn't be happier with that accomplishment after such a long hiatus, so thank you WIP Month! [face_dancing]

Then, with my review of Through These Tangled Threads of Light, by amidalachick, and Mourning, by vader_incarnate (which I forgot to add to my list before :p) I have reached my reviewer goal this time around, too. [face_love]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022