main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As the Father ailed, so too did Mortis, and the galactic barrier it maintained.

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Gives me more vibes that the celestial Ones are only Avatars of their living planet much like Zonama Sekot had them.

Aka Celestials are literal sentient planets using the Force.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It does also explain why the Unknown Regions became more porous over time.

I don't expect the hyperspace barrier to block individual ships, but armadas from the outer galaxies maybe.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    My latest headcanon might interest you @Thrawn McEwok

Flim was not an actor or an imposter but actually Thrawn himself pretending to be someone impersonating him. It was a clever ploy he set up to get rid of certain Moffs and give control of the Empire fully back to Pellaeon. The true return of Thrawn in Hand of Thrawn was always that Flim was Thrawn, but nobody knew as he hid in plain sight pretending to be himself. When the charade was over and he, Flim, faded back into obscurity after the affair, Thrawn did not emerge to lead and let the Republic rest in the belief they had destroyed his last clone. In fact, he took a new name and idenity and became another Chiss continuing to guide the Empire and the Ascendancy from the shadows, as he had learned from the best, playing many sides at once. Maybe as @Sinrebirth 's favourite Formbi, maybe someone else...

Ever since then, the Remnant, the Second Imperium, the Maw Irregular Fleet under Daala, the Empire of the Hand and Chiss Ascendancy etc. operated concerted yet seemingly as seprate entities in the eyes of the Jedi and Republic. Were it not for the Vong invasion, who knows what they might have accomplished. Though that also came in as a big win for the Remnant gaining supporters for protection and many worlds during the NJO and afterwards culminanting in Pellaeon and Daala's roles in the Galactic Alliance later on even. But before that already the process began after the NJO that would fold these separate realms into one. The Empire of the hand and the Ascendancy merged, the Remnant absorbed the Second Imperium leftovers and Maw Irregular Fleet after it got redeemed during the Vong War through heroic actions and the formation of the GA made it even easier to unify the parts into the next Galactic Empire, lead by another proxy of Thrawn: The Fel lineage he cultivated for decades already.

5. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    the Ubiqtorate is a board of five directors who control Imperial Intelligence, one is a public figure and speaks for Intelligence to other organizations within the empire and even to Palpatine himself. The other four keep their identities anonymous and direct the four Bureaus within Intelligence, projecting themselves as holograms or using proxies. Each uses a space-themed codename when referring to each other.

- Head Director: Armand Isard/ Ysanne Isard(clone)

- Director of the Intelligence Bureau: Agent Blackhole - Cronal

- Director of Analysis: Agent Nebula- Grand Admiral Martio Batch, a cruel joke by palpatine he would make a man whose job required him to maintain anonymity would become one of the biggest public figures in the empire. On the plus side he now has a blank check for his pet cloaking device project.

- Director of Operations: Agent Nova- Ysanne Isard(real)

- Director of Internal Security: Agent Quasar- ???

Chrissonofpear2 likes this.
  6. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Kashyyyk and the surrounding space would be a thorn in the Empire's side for almost its entire existence, ever since the vader-led invasion soon after the Declaration of a New Order. Eventually all seven sectors of the "Kashyyyk Region" would be reorganized as a Priority Sector under the leadership of the zealous Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck. However the local resistance cells held on, with the help of secret wookiee hyperspace routes and a loose coalition of jedi rescued by wookiees and their allies. Overtime the Kashyyyk Conflicts became so politically embarrassing that the region became a sink for the empire's most fanatical and unstable supports. Among them would be Grand Admiral Syn, High Prophetess Merili, High Inquisitor Mox Slosin, COMPforce battalions, and unstable Genode clones.

Golbolco and Noash_Retrac like this.
  7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The Red Iaro, Ffib, and Gran Protectorate all joined the separatists.

In the case of the Gran Protectorate, it led to the Republic backing a dug government that seized the planet and ruled afterwards, though the Empire and New Republic.

The Red Iaro enjoyed success at first, since the CIS gave them the firepower to finally tip the scales of the civil war and funding for their rebuilding which kept the new government stable and popular. However, the empire retaliated harshly after the clone wars were over.

The Ffib, in contrast, got treated surprisingly leniently by the empire, since their anti-jedi beliefs, and general anti-force attitude of their religion, was deemed useful in countering forced based spirituality so often aligned with the empire's enemies.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Um, then who was Ask Aak representing since he was still on Coruscant at the end of the Clone Wars? He wasn't exactly a friendly sort to the Dugs. Was he representing the Congress of Malastare instead?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Grand Admiral Grant brought ample assets with him to the Pentastar Alignment, including his oversector forces and one of the twelve numbered fleets. He managed the staggered withdrawal from the Hydian Way, mainly in response to Zsinj being reinforced by Grand Admiral Makati and Admiral Drommel seizing the Oplovis Sector. As Supreme Commander of the Alignment Navy, he reinforced the sector fleets of the Alignment while ensuring the organisation of the primary armada - four sector groups were ready to march at any time.

He kept asking Kaine to commit to the war, and even drew up strategies to do so. In 6 ABY when Kermen died and Makati too, and Zsinj seceded, and Kaine still refused to intervene, he left, knowing the Empire had lost.

He was correct, for the tide of the war completely turned against the Empire in the next year. Kaine partially floundered without Grant’s support, to the point that Ackbar even took Generis from the Alignment and Kaine still refused to retaliate.

The arrival of Admiral Banjeer, fleeing the implosion of Zsinj’s domain, again gave him a military figurehead, but even that didn’t mean Kaine could ignore Thrawn’s return. It was Thrawn’s disinterest in political matters and his acceptance of the status quo in lieu of a military confederation which allowed Kaine to do the bare minimal to appease his internal critics. Thrawn simply referred to the Alignment and warlords as his Empire, and Kaine committed two of the three major shipyards in the Alignment to the Imperial Navy. The potential rebellion against Kaine was thus averted, especially when Generis was retaken - at least until Thrawn’s death. Thereafter he had to champion Thrawn’s cause - Banjeer and five other former Imperial admirals were recruited to retake the Core in alliance with the Ruling Council.

It was Banjeer who lead the Alignment’s fleets into the Core, as well as the Reaper, Palpatine sidelining Kaine. Even the Inquisitors that had strengthened the Alignment left for the Deep Core, weakening him further. Kaine’s death at the hands of an ambush during Operation Shadow Hand solidified the Alignment falling into Banjeer’s personal control, making him a prime candidate for the Crimson Coup. He became an Imperial Advisor on the Imperial Interim Ruling Council.

Pursuing political power weakened his military standing, especially when his son, a Moff in the Alignment, was killed by Kir Kanos. Banjeer’s subsequent fall from power in the Crimson Empire made the Alignment a shadow partner of Ord Cantrell, and when that fell too, the Alignment did not so much secede as drift away from the Crimson Empire.

Admiral Rogriss and General Phennir withdrew into the Alignment, by this point a shadow of its former self politically and even militarily - holding on to only dozens of Star Destroyers after the end of the Crimson Empire, but still the Reaper. So when Pellaeon arrived in the Rim, the Alignment did not accept annexation - it merely surrendered to the Empire it had abandoned and ultimately regretted doing so.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ummm....well....you see....*smokebomb*

...and here I thought I had all figured out too.

Though I could see too possibilities.
    1) The Gran protectorate isn't disbanded entirely but its leadership is replaced with republic loyalists and its power is greatly reduced and shared with the Dug Council, but Ask Aak stays in place.

2) Ask Aak is enough of a political opportunist and/or republic loyalist that he goes along with the new government, and they keep him around because his political experience is useful to the new government and he is a favorite of Palpatine whose backing is important to the legitimacy of their regime.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  11. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    In Legends the Kaminoans perfected the art of Cloning that is why the Clones do not have chips yes for me Clone Wars Multimedia Project and TCW occur in different Universes that is why the Clones were treated better in Legends since Kamino was not destroyed the existence of the Imperial Commandos and Clones executed Order 66 without the need of chips or being mind controlled

12. Carib Diss

Mar 31, 2024
    Vader was granted literal lordship over the Sith Worlds, even if the title doesnt mean much with how desolate those worlds are.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Despite Krennal having a small territory and fleet, it was spread across four sectors which gave him greater punch and influence than most. After Zsinj falls and Teradoc flees into the Deep Core, mostly abandoning his Rim holdings, Krennal is the second most powerful warlord after the Alignment.

Palpatine was actually intended to encourage the recapture of Coruscant after Zsinj died, thus him openly calling assets into the Deep Core from Anaxes, Kuat, Kelada and the Vartha Sector. However Thrawn’s return pushed back his plans - which served Palpatine just fine as the Eclipses and World Devastators were not yet quite ready. Thrawn he used as a first wave, and killed him off when he was no longer required.

The Greater Maldrood was reduced to the Meridian, Antemeridian, Jospro and Vorzyd sectors after Zsinj was defeated, giving Thrawn an island of territory on the Perlemian Trade Route. Kosh Teradoc joined his confederation, having taken four Imperial Star Destroyers, two Interdictor-class heavy cruisers and three Carrack-class cruisers into the area while Treuten withdrew dozens of Victory Star Destroyers into the Deep Core. Kosh’s second was Admiral Larm.

When Thrawn died those forces retreated into Imperial Space, the Vorzyd Sector declared independence. It surrenders to Operation Shadow Hand, but after the Dark Empire War the Antemeridian Sector and isolated bases in the Meridian Sector are all that remains of the rimward holdings of the Greater Maldrood - less a single Star Destroyer for Tavira took one. Larm and Getelles thus become prominent and with the death of Larm and then Kosh, Getelles rules his disarmed sector and keeps to himself.

Pellaeon absorbs the territory of Moff Shargael, in the I-Sector.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  14. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The Dreadnaught-class and Mandator I were both created during the waning years of the High Republic.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Hmm... I think they're supposed to be an interpretation of the Force, but I like the idea that what we see in the TCW multi-parter is a narrative construct based on that larger metaphor, being articulated by the planet Mortis, taking on the relevant roles as a piece of theatre...

I was actually thinking this myself the other day. :eek: :D

- The Imperial Ewok

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Second Imperium was founded by Palpatine after the Dark Empire War, incorporating the surviving Inquisitors, Empire Reborn and Shadow Academy. The most damage done to it was by Daala, who handed much of its Deep Core military to Pellaeon. The Megador would have been the vanguard of the next fleet.

17. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    Morgan Katarn is Rahm Kota brother

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've been toying with the idea that the Sith "species" is actually descended from a previous group of pre-Republic colonists (or transplants?) who adapted to living on Korriban. Which helps to further explain not only how they eventually interbred themselves with baseline humans out of existence, but also why even the "pureblood Sith" in TOR look uniformly more human than the ones in TOTJ - because they haven't been living there for ages, and there's something unique about Korriban's darkness compared to worlds like Ziost or Dromund Kaas.

(One might even posit a connection between their facial tentacles and the Cthulhu-esque design of the Sith god Typhojem?)

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    This made me laugh, because I'm not sure whether or not it's a sly reference to WARFARE's take on Daala - having resumed command in the Deep Core per the Black Fleet novels, she remained in military command of the Second Imperium until the Vector Prime timeframe; and she is an objectively terrible commander, who does more damage to her own forces than the opposition... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Only when she has to face the New Republic, no problem against her own side or the Yuuzhan Vong where she clearly is the victor. Makes me wonder if she was deliberately sent by Pellaeon to the Second Imperium to do just that.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    2 questions:

1. Are you implying that the Sith species are descended from human colonists or from some pre-Sith species?

2. Are you implying that they're descendents from colonists from Coruscant or from colonists from somewhere else?

22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Humans from Coruscant (or whatever the actual human homeworld is).

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Double-post, but mentioning the human homeworld question reminded me: it's not a headcanon anymore, but once upon a time I had a pet theory that Corellia was the original human homeworld - because it was actually Earth, transported through time as well as space by the Architects of Centerpoint when they created the Corellian system.

(This was long before I'd ever heard of Alien Exodus, for the record.)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Sinrebirth and CeiranHarmony like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Daala gassing the warlords, handing over most of the military to Pellaeon, it made her indispensable to control of the Deep Core territories, to Palpatine's complete annoyance, I imagine. He run a few key transmissions through the fake Palpatine holograms, but otherwise played along for a lack of assets in Known Space.

The Tremayne, oops, Tremaine children being in the Maw Colony is clearly Tremayne sending agents into Daala's forces too.

25. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    So how did Palpatine return from Dark Empire in your headcanon?

My new headcanon- Morrigan Corde is a descendant of both Daala and Pellaeon. For no reason besides I want the Skywalker/Solo family tree to get as many major imperials in it as possible.

Golbolco likes this.