main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree with this. I really think the Rey movie and the Mando/Grogu movie will be made and released. For all the others, I would not be very surprised if they end up not getting made. But I think the "Dawn of the Jedi" movie would be the third most likely.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mangold just seems so dangblasted busy! That's why I think it's a toss up between Dawn and Lando, as Glover is also dangblasted busy

rocknroll41 likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Soo you think The Filoni project is not coming?

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Ok, let me revise, I would think Filoni movie is very probable but let's see how Mandalorian and Grogu does first. The smolder wreckage of the last attempted Disney Plus spinoff The Marvels looms large at the viability of theatrical D+ spinoff. If M&G totally tanks it takes "Heir" as a theatrical release along with it. Could probably become another miniseries though

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if the could be some strong ties between Heir of the Empire and New Jedi Order. Like both will have multiple force users and jedi. One might involve gods.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I have to disagree. Killing the entire cast off is looking like a blunder. It would have been very financially beneficial to have Jyn, Cassian, and K2 still running around to show up in Mando or future seasons of Andor.

Maybe not a blunder creatively, but I'm sure they're kicking themselves over that decision now.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If it wasn’t a blunder creatively, it wasn’t a blunder. Why should fans take a business perspective on these things? We aren’t Disney execs. At least, I assume no one here is.

TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If they had survived there would probably be even more Rogue One crew merch, yes

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed. Besides, I really doubt they regret that approach anyway. These characters wouldn't add much value to Mando (and do you mean the existing seasons or the movie?). And as to "future seasons of Andor", they've already said there will just be one more season, and it is set before Rogue One anyway.

TCF-1138 , Sarge, rocknroll41 and 2 others like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That guy in @EHT avatar could have survived though. Definitely sell merch

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
    Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely. Pao masks and costumes, Pao mugs, Pao t-shirts, Pao posters, Pao life-size standups, Pao hats, etc.

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I consider myself Pao-Life.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Incidentally, George Lucas was seen eating Kung Pao chicken in a food court in Brisbane.

14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Hmmm! AOTC and ROTS were filmed in Sydney, not too far from Brisbane... What are George and Pao up to? [face_thinking]

15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Coincidentally, also the location where Lucas used to meet SuperShadow and discuss PT spoilers.

16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Will there be any sand in this :p

rocknroll41 likes this.
  17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Supershadow… now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time… a long time…