main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If there is any evidence at all of this it would simply be that production was reportedly meant to begin months ago and there does not seem to be a script for them to produce.

But, certainly, *delays* occur and he is a busy fellow and we want it all made as well as possible.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Retired Superninja star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe they need to bring JJ back. ;)

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or Rian Johnson back

KyleKartan and Riv_Shiel like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. For now, all we can do is wait and blame Fredrik.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And the dewback you rode in on!

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

8. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    It’s obviously not happening ‘cause reasons. Then it’s just speculation/conjecture based on dubious Peaky Blinder insider rumours.

Dear me.

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    if you listen carefully to the song Max Rebo played during the Book of Boba Fett it for tells of this film being great

Happy Sando, Lulu Mars and Sarge like this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    And if you play it backwards, it spoils the entire plot! :_|

Happy Sando and starfish like this.
  11. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Daisy has been in the news several times over the past months and year. She didn’t get out say that the film is canceled when asked about it. It always was a positive response.

iam fairly certain the movie is going to happen. They went far to deep with it announcing it at Celebration 23 alongside the director AND Daisy. If it happens 2027 or 2028 so be it. They committed to it by announcing it the way they did. Let’s wait.

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this movie will be the movie for the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars, In 2027. Celebrating the past, present and future.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 10:58 PM
  13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I think that would be perfect. Celebration of the past in May with ANH, celebration of the future in December with a "New Jedi Order" movie.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024 at 1:54 AM
  15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Formal annocuemenls mean little it seems these days. Part of the problem is that Lucasfilm announce way too soon, which creates the risk of expectation and disappointment (if things go off track). I imagine that has been a lesson learnt, but maybe too late for the Rey film.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024 at 5:59 AM
    Cos Palpatine and 2Cleva like this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This would actually be very fitting, since based on the information provided, this movie is going to be set in 50 ABY.

17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Oooh, good catch.
    I suspect that they decided a while back to aim for a 2027 release precisely because the timing will be perfect. This means that filming will likely occur in 2026, which gives Steven Knight ample time to get the script ready.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024 at 6:42 AM
  18. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Daisy is saying the right things when it comes to questions about an announced film in development. Just being positive. I'm also sure Daisy Ridley isn't privy to the inner workings of DLFL. You also have to keep in mind that Disney seems to do the "quiet cancellation" thing when it comes to SW. They basically just stop talking about it. Some examples: "Solo" ended with sequel baiting...nothing came of it. TBoBF ended with what seemed like Boba and Shand going to go off on other adventures...nothing came of it. A Rian Johnson trilogy was announced...nothing came of it. "But what about The Acolyte?" some people might ask. It ended with obvious second-season baiting and the showrunner was giving interviews saying that she had ideas for multiple seasons and asking for fan support. Then it was cancelled. But the thing is the news of the cancellation was a leak, not an official announcement from Disney.

Ehhh, I don't think it's that deep into it. They announced that Benioff & Weiss were gonna do a Jedi origin trilogy or some such then they went and inked a deal with Netflix instead so anything can happen. And if you're going to announce a film about Rey then it only makes sense to announce the actress who plays the character as well. I wouldn't read too much into her inclusion. They haven't mentioned anyone else in terms of casting thus far.

Agreed. (Despite my pessimism.)

Darth PJ, rocknroll41 and EHT like this.
  19. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I think its fair to say that this is the film that has the most chance to reach that date. They are not going to miss out on using that 50th Aniniversary date for promotion purpose. So, the film has to start production in 2025 to meet the schedule. There is only one other realistic film, and that is Mangolds film. We have never heard anything about hils film being that far in development so it can meet that 2027 date. The Rey film might have a new director and another scriptwriter signed on, and they can of course change a lot of the concept, but it has to be this film - or nothing at all in 2027. Yeah, they can release that film small film called A New Hope from 1977, and i would buy a ticket for that for sure. But, we want new stories, new films.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The script for Rogue Squadron must be ready by now. They could have that ready to launch in '27.

21. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Oh damn. Sorry @Sarge Forgetting Rogue Squadron of course! Well, technically, she has to deliver a script or draft to Disney, by contract. We just do not know what happens to it after! So yeah, its possible….dont loose that hope.

Sarge likes this.
  22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I still got the feeling that this film is tied to the contract negotiations of KK. I guess if anyone is taking over he might bring his own ideas and not be interested in work off the list of movies left by the predecessor. If she stays this seemed to be a favorite project of hers.

I can see how they might want to have a more experienced director in the driver seat after The Acolyte. She was an interesting choice but I kind of have difficulties seeing Disney signing of on a 300M budget with a director who never handled anything comparable. Also no name comes to my mind. Most people who want to have a movie out by 2027 will be in development of that by now. But maybe they „borrow“ someone from the Marvel talent pool.

Or JJ somehow returns.

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Like, say, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy?

EHT, Othini, rocknroll41 and 4 others like this.
  24. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Despite my feelings of TFA being a bit overrated, I’d actually be okay with another JJ return. That said, I don’t think he’s ever coming back. I could see him continuing to be a consultant, maybe, but I can’t see him directing a starwars ever again.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024 at 4:09 AM
    KyleKartan likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think JJ is over his Star Wars directing. RJ is still interested.

KyleKartan and rocknroll41 like this.