main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should the ST be Expanded to a Quadrilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Boba Frett, Jan 11, 2018.

1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Nah.

Though why doesn't anyone try the epilogue idea. If IX was great and made a lot of money and of course concluded the story, but was so great people want more, then it gives something to coast off. So why not take that? No one ever tries this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Gai' Phó likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm kinda sick of this narrative because it obscures a lot of nuance in the fandom. I am exactly in the middle about it. I recognize that RJ was swinging for the fences, but I'm disappointed that to me, he only hit a double. It sits in the mushy middle of my mind, and my rankings. I neither love it nor hate it.

Re: the actual subject of this thread, I say no. Move onto new stories. The Skywalker Saga horse is a little dead, and LFL should wait at least a decade before beating it again (if at all).

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    No quadrilogy, please. Trilogy of trilogy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. And we’re lucky to get a Sequel Trilogy after all.

End the Skywalker Saga with IX. Have Ren die and Rey not be a Skywalker. But no Rey series. Just how many times can we have the Republic and a Jedi screw things up? And I don’t want external threat like the Vong. The GFFA is about the evil within—and the good. The Vong don’t represent that. And while reality is always in flux, how can we be original in doing X-XII?

Better to tell stories from the beginning of the Jedi, the Sith, the Republic until the Resistance. Yes, we’d have to be original in telling how the Republic and Jedi screw up—and flesh out 1000 generations and 1000 years. But that is better than recycling the Saga. And we already have material there, both canonical and apocryphal, to build upon.

Plenty of material there to more finely understand how all this transpired. So RJ’s trilogy can fit in this too. For example, there’s Rakatan Empire, and I’d hoped Snoke had been a Rakatan or something like that. Doesn’t seem so now, since his Navigators perhaps wouldn’t have been necessary if he was indigenous to the Unknown Regions. And there is the Prime Jedi and there are the 4 Sages of Dwartii, the Celestials, though not all of this need be given there own films. Even if they can be more fully treated in live action TV, animated TV, and comics, a reference in dialogue, or background for a movie character, or an Easter egg can help flesh that out. And yes, a post-IX character can learn about the Prime Jedi, Bendu, etc. I think, though, it’s better to flesh at the past than go forward into the future—or both.

There are so many possibilities for pre-FOTR Middle Earth Stories on Amazon TV. But please no post-LOTR stories. Ever.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  4. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014

Good thing we got one last film to finish it up nicely.

INJJITRUST

5. NHB0M

NHB0M Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2016
    No, I think they should just wrapped it up IX and move on.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  6. I'm pretty sure that Disney will want to make more stories post Episode 9
    Star Wars sells a lot I do not think Disney ends the saga now

If they really wanted an ending they should not have done an Episode 7

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    What if they made Episode IX a trilogy within a trilogy?

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What if they expanded the ST into a thrillogy?

9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Now that would truly be something. It's like a play on words, but it's also, exactly what it is. Brilliant.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  10. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    As much as I disliked TLJ, making it into a tetralogy would be 10x worse.

11. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    I have no problem with separating EP IX into two movies. A break from tradition wouldn't break my heart.

12. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    Personally I'm not really interested in the remaining plotlines of the ST. I guess a fourth film would allow IX to develop new ideas and characters more. That would be more like making the ST into two duologies though.