main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Significant Other Griping Page"

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Qui-Gone-Drinkin, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    well for years ive been having this recurring thought that most girls in high school and some in college (at least the ones ive met) dont seem to have the mindset for a relationship... and the only ones ive dated recently just arent... there emotionnally-speaking... and i know college seems to be a big place to meet people and start serious relationships for the first time... so my thought is this... either i can stay here in littleton for a while and hit on chicks i either knew in high school (some still are) or ones that i meet in local places, OR i can go back to college in the fall and look for girls up there... which sounds better?

2. DarkJediDragon

DarkJediDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    where's college?

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    QGD-i drove here from ca when i was 18. I knew noone. i didnt go to school- i worked, so the social pool was real small. i still managed to meet friends & my wife.
    follow your gut, brother.
    You'll be amazed where you get & whos there waiting for you

4. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    college is up at ColoState... where i was in the fall but took the semester off to make some money but then i also had to move back home to avoid room and board costs... so far, the only girls ive gone on dates with down here have been high school chicks... which is something i desperately need to get away from... even though i like one of them... but shes sort of... well... probably harmful to me cause i know it will end bad if we did date... who knows... im trying to decide between going back to college in the fall, next spring or if i should wait until fall 2003....

5. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    My vote is for college-as soon as possible.
    a new group of girls, compared to the old group of girls
    its not like you'll miss a big shot at mrs perfect in littleton, right?

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    What about the quality education you'll be recieving? Or are you just in it for the girls? ;)

I'll be going to Wyoming next fall. Couldn't afford the school in Savannah. Tho that'll be next year :D

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    will you still hang out with us or the wyoming people ?

8. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    my only problem wiht college seemed to be that it was hard for me to find a new social group... ive known the kids i hung out with last year since i was in elementary, and then in high school i met more friends over the course of the year that i still hang out with, so leaving all this stuff behind is hard for me to do... im one of those sentimental people that will end up loving his childhood to death (citizen kane syndrome)... but its just weird to hang out with a group of kids for so long and then be thrust out on your own... arrowhead, you probably know this really well with your trip out here to CO... hmmm this griping thing about girls is really me griping about growing up in life...

9. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    well, the reason i talk about girls so much is that im one of the youngest in my family, all my bros and sisters are getting married or are already married with kids and stuff, and having a family is something i really want to shoot for in the future... so thats why i want to meet THE woman down the line... and for now, i just want to have fun dating with girls that are fun to be around, fun to be with, otherwise i wont know how to find the perfect girl, and i might go for a girl i love who i might not always love... i shouldnt have watched High Fidelity today... got me thinkin about relationships... which isnt always the smartest thing to do... thinking i mean...

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    dont you remember yoda's speach in empire . about focusing on the presant .

11. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    if i focus on the present, im focused on getting a job this week (another one) and figuring out what to do about this girl that i sort of like that may or may not like me (depends on the time of day you ask her, what day of the week it is, which month, the status on the moon, who knows)... and i need to have goals, or im just wandering around blind i guess... aimlessly.... but blamelessly...

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    when i met kim i wasnt looking for anyone . it just happened .that was nine years ago .
    sheisnt wishywashy . i wouldnt fall for that. if someone wants to spend time with you , they will .if you move on with your life youll know who she is when you find her . i dont see any rush in getting married and having kids . your 18 . when i was that age (9 years ago) i thought i knew everything about anything .i was wrong .

im not trying to give you all of that crap about being young and stupid , but think of where you were a couple of years ago and where you are now . its a big differance . just wait a few more years , youll be shocked .

as much as i think i havent changed over the past 9 years , im a different person . but im still the same guy . when it comes to women , a good solid minded girl is hard to spot . i have lots of friends that get traped cos their comfortable in their situation . if your to comfortable there's something wrong .

kim and i have always handled things in a way that most people dont understand . we are honest , give eachother lots of space and trust . i dont have to awnser to any one but me . she is the same way . we just understand each other . when you find someone like that youll know it .

13. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    babble, babble, babble

can you tell its getting late ?

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Comfortable.....naaa....nuthin' like that in my house.....!

15. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I was 18 when I met Renee. I was just about graduated and I talked to her a few times. Funny thing is... I met her online lol. Well not totally, I knew a girl in high school that had AOL so I'm like "hey i have it too" and we're talking and she starts talking about her friend so I get her screenname too and we start gabbin and then I find out she has the same class I do..just a period after mine. So I wait and talk to her and I dunno..we just clicked I guess. I wasn't looking for anyone really, and neither was she...and now almost 3 and a half years later, we're still together. sometimes these things just happen :)

16. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    good thing you didnt watch chasing amy too.

17. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    well i didnt watch it yesterday but i have seen it a few times... (chasing amy i mean)... im not worried about getting married now, i just hope this stuff doesnt happen to me for the rest of my life ya know?

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    it IS, for the rest of your life, you will never get rid of them... dun dun DUN!!!! lol

19. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    QGD-dh made some good points
    Im not gonna make generalizations about the women youll meet in your life cause theyr all gonna be psycho..i mean different.
    just have fun & dont think too much.
    man, i sure envy your choices right now

if i knew then....
    & im only 27!

20. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    much agreed life and love are not something to rush in to when the time is right you wont have to worry about meeting the right girl it will just happen. untill then just have fun with life cause you will never have a second chance at youth.

21. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    excuse my ignorance-what is this "citizen kane syndrome" QGD refered to

22. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    the citizen kane syndrome is from the movies theme... about childhood. the main character, something kane, has an extraordinary life, gets rich, finds several wonderful women, but nothing satisfies him because he misses his childhood... he was taken away from his home and mother at a young age and spent his entire life trying to regain the happiness of his lost youth... and i dont want to be regretful of my youth... i forgot what i was talking about.

23. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    wow, thats kinda intense. are there things youre worried youll regret? (if you stay or if you go ?)

24. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    life is one big mistake. You do one thing and no matter how fun or great you think it is, you missed out on something else. and if you don't do it, you missed out on something, everything's just one big fat mistake. So suck it up and make your own road :)

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    JO is right dont worry about what your missing just enjoy what you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.