main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Sith vs.Jedi (formerly Emperor)*

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by PatJedi82, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    No, it called "Dark Side", 'cause they didn't found the switch. ;-)

And when were the Sith so mighty and strong?

2. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    Listen MacCaffrey, everything in life needs a counterpart. That's the way how it works...

And have you ever heard of Freedon Naad and the planet Korriban? Not?

Now you should go over the history books...

3. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    (I don't like the way things are turning...Huh, please, we're still *faking* a fight, right?)

I don't know about this Naad guy either... tell us the tale!

4. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    I know that the Sith are a species that worships the dark side... So darth Vader cannot be a sith sinces he's 'born' at tatooine, as for Lord Sidious: he's from Naboo (if I'm not mistaken - he calls the Naboo *his* people), so he can't be a sith either. Most likely the Jedi counsel simply calls any Dark Lord a sith, since this person has joint the dark side, and lives up to the way of live of the sith.
    So both of you are right. The emperor and Darth Vader aren't sith in the way the are from this species, but they are Sith in the way that follow the Dark side. Basicly the Sith started the Dark Side worship....
    Well this is what I know, but I can be mistaken :)

5. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    I think the Sith are one special group of Dark siders, not the first or greatest, but maybe the cleverest and most viciuos. If I remember right the Sith were disidents from the Order it self, but I am really not sure.

Okay, they were mighty and strong, but never ruled over more then some systems.

6. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    If've done some digging.
    A dark lord is the master of the sith, something like a Jedi master for the Dark side. This person does not need to be a sith himselves. During the ages there were ppl how called them selves 'sith' while they where no sith in the way of being from that species. They were thought to be eliminated by the Jedi's, but as you see in Ep 1 they have returned... I haven't figure out yet if Darth Maul is a true sith, but I don't think so... As for Anakin he's not from Tatooine, he was 3 when he first set foot on this planet. I haven't figured out yet were he's from.
    I'm not so good when I comes to the Expanded Universe...AND my clock in the right corner says 0.39.... :)

7. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    meaning my brains are to tired to absorb more info at the force.net libraries :) Must get some rest
    0:42 BTW....

8. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Here's the tale of the great Sith Age and the Sith war who followed......

About 11'000 years before the battle of Yavin the very first struggle between the Jedis took place now known as "a schism between the Forces of Light and Darkness". After a century of battle the Dark Jedis were exiled and builded up the Sith civilization formed it to an empire. Later it was called the "The Golden Age of the Sith". At this time also "the one who will bring balance" was first mentioned.

6000 years before ANH nobody heard something of the Sith until a war between the Light and Darkness started again. It lasts hundred years and the Jedis called it "Year Darkness". But nothing much is known about this war so it isn't mentioned in the Jedi Library.

There were also disputes between the several Dark Jedis himself.
    The Sith Lords Marka Ragnos and Simus fight for control of the Sith Empire -- a conflict that is decided when Ragnos decapitates Simus. Simus manages to cheat death via Sith magic and is kept alive inside a jar. A hundred years after his victory over Simus, Marka Ragnos is declared Dark Lord of the Sith, beginning a century of iron rule.

Thousand years later the the siblings Gave and Jori Daragon who were space explorers. On their long journeys to discover new space routes they arrived on the Sith planet Korriban rigth in the middle of Marka Ragnos funeral. At the same time a power struggle is underway between Ragnos's two pupils, the complacent Ludo Kressh and the impulsive Naga Sadow. Ragnos's spirit halts a battle between them, urging them to "choose your course wisely... fight the correct battles... or all is lost."
    The Daragon siblings were immediately taken captive. Sadow sees in the Daragons a door to the Republic. Sadow begins teaching Gav Sith magic, as well as plotting the downfall of Ludo Kressh, who himself vows to kill Sadow before he ruins the Sith Empire. A final battle ends in the wipeout of Kressh's forces (Kressh himself escapes). Jori escapes but she didn't know that she will lead the Sith Empire directly into the Republic. A great battle followed and Gav was killed by Sadow himself. But the republic won the battle and Sadow needed to flee. He arrived at the planet of Yavin 4 were he builded great temples. He intends to restore the glory of the Sith...

Centuries passed. No further contact occurred involving the dark leaders or remnants of the Sith, but the evil influence returned in a different and more insidious form than before ? a cancer from within...

After several years of searching, the young Jedi Freedon Nadd comes upon the planet Yavin IV. He discovered the great temples where he met Naga Sadow. Sadow spends the rest of his natural life training Nadd in the ways of the ancient Sith. About 4500 years before ANH the Dark Lord of the Sith Freedon Nadd comes to a primitive world called Onderon where he wanted to bring the power of the Dark Side to the civilization of Onderon. He institutes a policy of banishing criminals (those who would not worship him) out into the lethal jungles of Onderon to die. The policy backfires, however, as the exiles learn how to survive in the jungles, and how to tame the planet?s vicious flying beasts. 52 years later Freedon Naad died on the planet of Onderon.

Centuries passed and on the planet of Arcadia, three Jedis, Ulic-Qel Droma and his younger brother Cay and the Twi'lek Tott Doneeta were send to Onderon by their Master, Arca. Onderon has asked for the Republic's help in repelling the attack of the newly armed Beast Lords which were indirectly created by Freedon Naad when he banned to unloyal citizens to the jungle. When they try to negotiate a peace treaty on that basis, they learn first-hand how the Dark Side has taken control of Iziz, the one walled city on Onderon. After a long hard battle the Light Side won over the Darkness and Freedon Naad was forgotten for a while.

But a new menace was coming in the person of the royal siblings of the Teta system, Setal and Aleema Keto. The brother and sister stealed Sith artifacts from the Galactic Mus

9. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Maybe I'll be once I read everything!

For now it's 4:45 AM , must have a rest!

10. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    Nice, but I still can't figure out if the Sith where extincted... I still believe anyone who's a follower of the dark side is called a Sith...

11. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Nice work and interesting facts!
    But not scared, sorry. ;-)
    Maybe you should change your name in to Sith Libarian, 'cause it a really good work.

12. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Thanks a lot!!

But the TimeTales on TFN gave me the necessery informations.

Everything at this little essay you will also find at the *Tales of the Jedi* comics.

Read it!! I can just recommend it for Jedis how still believe in the Light Side. LOL

13. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    You mean you can actualy still buy these comics... WOW!

14. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Yup!

But just collected at a Tradepaperback version.

15. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Tradepaper back is acool thing.
    I try to collect most of them instead of the pulps.

I have already the first TPBs of Tales of the Jedi, but I need a bit time for the rest. ;-)

16. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    SW comics.. I don't like the way they're drawn... definitely not my type of drawing style!

17. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Well Dutchman you said that a user of the Force who follow the Dark Side is basically a Sith.

Sorry Dutchman
    I disagree

The origin of the Sith are definetly the Jedi himself. Do you remember the *schism between the Forces of the Light and Darkness* which I mentioned at my Sith history essay. It says that the Jedi who formed the Sith civilization were Dark Jedi. So a Sith must have been a Jedi or just trained in the ways of the Force in his younger years, before.

That fits with Anakin/Vader. About Mauls past we don't know much. But it definetly doesn't fit with Palpatine. He was never a Jedi nor he was trained in Force in his youth.

It's clear that he can't be a Sith.

18. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    You know nothing about Palpatine's training.

19. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Exacty because there was no Jedi training!

20. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Who said that? I'm ready to believe it but I don't remember GL saying that Palpy had never been trained...

21. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    If Palpatine had been trained he would have been a Jedi at the time of TPM! At this time the Jedi were strong and a padawan wouldn't have giving up his training!

22. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    The Jedi knew nothing about Maul or Sidious, but they had training.
    You don't know if Palp had a secret training by someone hidden.

23. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes maybe in Sith Alchemy but not in using the Force.

24. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    I have Behind the magic, the Triology Cd, so I'll look it up tomorrow if I have a free day. 'if' because the railway personel may go on srike meaning I can't get to school - so keep your fingers crossed :)

25. LadyJade

LadyJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2000
    ::: from the shadows a ghostly voice is heard :::

Jade might have been (or: will be?) a Jedi during the days of the Rebellion.

But realizing the true nature of the Dark Side she doesn't follow the weak Jedi code of the rotten Old Republic anymore ... she is waiting for the Sith to rise again.

Too bad that her favourite Sith has been killed by a whining padawan ...

::: a red-and-black tatooed ghostly image flickers once before vanishing into darkness again :::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.