main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Snoke Theories

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Lulu Mars, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Not to pick nits, but all EU is canon now. You're confusing EU and Legends. TCW is EU because it's not in the movies, but it's also canon. So the request for more info for people who don't delve much into the EU was legitimate.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

Fair enough.

3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't believe there is an EU anymore, in an official sense.

episodenone likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes there is! It was only the UK that exited! :p

Seriously though, I believe you're right; I don't think they're calling it the EU anymore. But technically the books, comics and shows still expand the universe beyond what is seen in the "main attraction" so to speak - i.e. the movies.

episodenone and Artoo-Dion like this.
  5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Isn't the official name Unified Canon?

6. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    This is what I understood it to be. I just didn't want to turn this thread into a Canon discussion rather than a Snoke one. :)

Artoo-Dion and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Let me ask a question... the Whills, in the books or other media, have been defined? Is it possible that Snoke is one of them?

TCF-1138 likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh, haven't thought about that! Or heard that theory before.
    And no, the Whills are still a mystery. It's possible the priestesses in the last arc of TCW were Whills, but we have no confirmation of that.
    So yeah. It is possible that Snoke is a Whill. I doubt it, but it's possible. And that could actually be quite cool.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

Interesting quote from Star Wars wikia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_ghost

While many Force ghosts could appear as a vision of their former selves unmarked by injury or disease,[3] others still bore the marks of what killed them. The ghost of Aidan Bok wore tattered robes and had gaping wounds in its body, the marks left by a lightsaber.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Aidan Bok belongs to Legends though, doesn't he?

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes. But they have mined Legends for ideas earlier, so that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    True.
    McCaig's idea about Anakin's ghost existing in both light and dark springs to mind. I think it does have potential, with him being the Chosen One and all.

13. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    One could make the case that under the NU-Canon -- and considering Yoda and Obi-Wan [and I guess Anakin] just learned about Force-Ghosting --- from a Shaman of the Whills -- then we get R1 with the Temple of the Whills and Guardians not necessarily even being capable of wielding the Force --- and if you even want to consider Filoni almost got a scene with the Son speaking to Revan and Bane...

Well, I think just who can be and what it means to be a Force Ghost is no longer subject to the confusion of the PT. It could easily be Ret-Conned and Cherry-Picked as to what eventually is Canon.

I mean -- who is Yoda who just learned how to do it to say who can and can't? For that matter, who is GL who just reinvented it to say who or who can't? And he doesn't even own the ability to say that anymore.

But Snoke...a Whill? Nah -- I don't see it. He may the ancient enemy of the Whills though...

14. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Bane's appearance in TCW sets the stage for his appearance as Snoke perfectly, as well as the Whills. Luke could be searching for them as a way to defeat BaneSnoke.

15. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

"perfectly" :confused:

16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    If you've seen the last episode, you'd see that Yoda encounters the Force priestesses as well as Bane. It would make sense if that unresolved arc carried into the ST.

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Would it though? Most people haven't seen The Clone Wars, and wouldn't know who Darth Bane is.
    Not to mention that Yoda doesn't actually encounter Bane. As the priestesses say: "Everything that has transpired here has been our making" (or something to that effect). Bane was just a vision, which is why Yoda basically just dismissed him; "Dead you are, already".

episodenone likes this.
  18. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I think we will not know who Snoke is even after episode 8.
    Just think that in Saga we barely see Emperor.
    We are getting lots of details about Darth Vader, but still few details about Emperor(senator Palpatine).
    If Disney and Lucasfilm keeps this way of making the movie, than we will have episode 9 and after, we will have a movie with either Kylo Ren either Rey childhood.
    Or we will have separate movies or whatever possibilities, I think Disney will make movies with both Kylo Ren and Rey childhood and is possible to be same movies etc.

So, I do not think in next 2-3 years we will get too many clues about who Snoke (new Emperor) is.

19. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    We probably won't get a lot of back story on Snoke, but I expect TLJ to tell us what the conflict between him and Luke is; what Luke's been doing on Ahch-To, what Snoke is after, that sort of things. As a result, we'll end up knowing a bit more about who/what Snoke is.

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Snoke is a Guardian of the Wonts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    We should just lock this thread now; there's nothing more to add.

son_of_skywalker03 and Immortiss like this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Snoke is Salacious Crumb.

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Bor Gullet is Snoke.

B99, Dark Lady Mara and Padme501st like this.
  24. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

Great . . . Now you have ruined it.

I hope you are happy,

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    NO LIE IS SAFE

B99 and Sarge like this.