main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, help?

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by The_Jesstar, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I shall be visiting your fair city in June! Its my 18th birthday present, and all presents for Easter, Christmas and birthday for like, the rest of my life. I'm so excited! The theatre is my main reason for going, I already bought tickets for Wicked. :D :D

So, any good tips for a poor 18 year-old Aussie, who is making her first trip outside of her home country? Cheap places to eat? Good places to spend the day? Anything you can think of? Cheap ways to get around the city? I have a travelpass thing.

My mum is coming with me, so I won't be alone. But I do have a question, does the London Zoo have penguins? I wanna see Penguins.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's a shame you aren't coming in July. Celebration Europe is being held at the ExCel Center in London from July 13-15 and quite a few fan meet-ups are being planned.

And yes, the Zoo has penguins - go here to see a couple! I haven't been there in years though. It's pretty big so wear comfortable shoes..

3. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Aw, I leave on the 10th of July. Oh well.. Yay! Penguins! I'll remember the shoes thing, thanks.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's all the usual tour sites as well - Tower of London, London Eye (big ferris wheel), Madame Tussauds (wax figures), London Dungeon (scary wax figures), London Aquarium (right near the Eye - you could do both in the same trip).

If you post the dates of your trip maybe a lunch or dinner meet-up can be arranged with some of the fans here.

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Jesstar :)

We seem to be collecting Australian's in the London FanForce of late, lol.
    London zoo is one of my fav places in London, and I think the Penguin section has had a recent make-over. It's also next to Regents Park which is very nice. Kew gardens is another lovely place to visit, and we have plenty of free museums (Science museum, Natural History Museum, the V&A etc) most of which are based around South the Kensington area. And not forgetting the British Museum near Tottenham Court Road.

Food wise, I always recommend Wagamamas :D

6. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Food wise, I always recommend Wagamamas

[face_worried] What is that?

Also, my Mum is Celiac, meaning she needs Gluten-Free food. Do guys have a lot of that over there?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Wagamamas

It's basically a Japanese noodle restaurant. I also recommend exploring the Chinatown area if you and your mom like Chinese food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.