main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General So I Got 'The Leaflet' Today

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 11, 2016.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    And all I have to say is if that's all they got for their £9M I want my share of it back...

Straight in the recycle bag..

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It was a poor waste of money that told me nothing I didn't already know or suspect.

The main issue they have is the divide between why the political class want to stay in or leave (economy) and the reason a huge portion of the UK want to leave (immigration)

From what I see on Facebook there is a huge contingent that are scared of daily mail headlines and will vote to.leave.

This depresses me greatly

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm afraid I'm in the 'Leave' camp. When I came to the UK in the late '80s it was still the EEC and I had no problem with being in a single market. Since then I've seen the UK lose more and more powers to the unelected mob in Brussels. At this point I'd rather the UK have a free trade arrangement than the stifling bureaucracy that goes with the EU.

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    You at least have a thought out reason behind leaving. I agree that there are issues with Europe but if we pull out as a result of thought out reasons then fair enough.

The vast bulk of no that I've read about come from the "I don't want them here" crowd.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I can't see Cameron getting any reforms out of Europe - in my opinion he's too timid for that and we've been down this road before. I'd rather see the money that's sunk into that institution being spent here in the UK for UK residents. Same with the foreign aid money we are required to send to countries with corrupt governments. If we're paying the taxes that support that aid we should see the benefits. If it has to be spent overseas channel it through the charities (like Red Cross and Save the Children, for example) that know what they are doing and will put it to good use instead of lining the pockets of the likes of Mugabe and other dictators.