main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc] Taeriel visit to Denver - thanks to everyone for making it great!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    A while back, SC and I were talking about when a good time would be for me to come out and visit you all, if I were able to do so. The goal was to try to coincide with a couple of group events, if possible.

I was thinking perhaps of coming out sometime right before MHC and staying through Halloween and the WOTR X-Wing event. For example, coming out around Oct 22 and going back around Nov 2 - giving a day to recover from Halloween. ;) Mind, I don't know for sure yet that I can come out, but I thought it was time to start investigating the possibility, in hopes that I can swing it. (Either flying out if I find a good airfare or driving out and having a car there.)

What do you guys think? That's around a week and a half visit. The thing is, I don't want to impose on everyone for too long.

(I'm still in Maine, btw; I just got temporary internet access by getting my sister's computer online today. Annoyingly, her server is kicking us offline about once every two minutes, so I don't know how long we'll be keeping this provider.)

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

You've got my vote!

3. UltimateBroncoFan

UltimateBroncoFan Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    ME TOO!!!

(this is melodyann-BTW)

that would be great!

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sweet ! do you need any help with the ticket ? im sure some of us will be willing to help out .

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nah, I'm okay with the ticket, thanks. :) (Or gas, as the case may turn out.) The main thing would be places to stay while I'm out there, since I couldn't do a hotel for a week and a half. Hence my asking for people's opinions, and worrying about imposing for too long.

Oh, and my sister says that she's really looking forward to meeting you all at C3. :)

6. Dante-got-hauled

Dante-got-hauled Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    We'd all love it if you came out!! [:D]

If you wanted to come south for Halloween, you could stay with me and go to da big shindig at Zoom and RDT's!!

I'd love to spend some time with you...miss ya and hope it works out.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    We've got a spare bedroom, you're welcome to it for part of your visit.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    you are more than welcome to stay at our place .

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Arrrr!

Sweet... thanks so much, guys! [face_love]

What are people going to be up to at the end of Oct? Is it a good time for me to come out? Am I right in thinking that a lot of people would be around for the con and for Halloween and the X-Wing thing? Or is there another time period that would work better?

Aaaaaahhhh... want want want want to see Mistress! But want want want want to go trick-or-treating and do the X-Wing welcome back thing! What to do?? [face_worried] Mistress, is there any chance you might be up the Denver way at some point during this time frame? (Of course, if I were to drive out, I'd have a car and could drive down to see the Springs and Pueblo people anytime. But it's such a loooong drive to get out to Co.)

Ack. This new internet connection is a fleeting thing. The connection is dropped every 30 seconds or so. (Seriously, I timed it. 3 out of 5 times, it drops at 30 sec.) It takes several tries to load a single webpage. This provider might be gone come tomorrow. So anyway, while I'm online, I'm not on very much. Now... to try to actually get this post posted... [face_plain]

Arrrr!

10. PIMP_BOT

PIMP_BOT Jedi Master star 2

Jun 6, 2002
    pimp bot thinks that would be a good time .

should be lots of stuff going on .

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I think it would be a great time. a lot of stuff is going on then.

12. UltimateBroncoFan

UltimateBroncoFan Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    T-I called you yesterday...If you need a ride down denver from the airport let me know...:) i am up north and am coming down a lot.

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmm. Plane prices still not as low as they could be. I could get a train ticket for less with my AAA discount, but that's two days straight on the train, each way. [face_plain] Not sure if that's worth saving $50 or not. I'll have to see if the plane prices come down.

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    you might want to check into seeing if its cheaper to ride into Southern colorado. if it is, I can go and pick you up.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, cruel, cruel travelocity. It posted a pricedrop today bringing an airfare down to a low of $128... but when I went and actually tried looking up flights, it said the had changed since it was last published. (Up, of course.) How cruel to get my hopes up like that! :_|

Oh, and thanks for the Springs suggestion, but those appear more expensive, at least at this time.

16. chef-salad

chef-salad Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    I believe that at least Becca will be driving back up to Denver for the WOTR thing on actual Halloween. We probably won't make it, think we are taking the ewok trick or treating for the first time this year.

:D

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, how did I miss this one?? So I got a couple of questions answered from your post Alison. I will change the CIII hotel room for you & family :D

That leaves me with not knowing what to do with MA, but I will get that cleared up.

Told you Alison that if you said you wanted to come out we would fight over where you slept & how you spent your time :p We will have a room as well, it might be real empty but we have an air matress.
    Don't feel you would have to just stay with us, the offer is just out there, but can't wait :D

I will call you tonight.

18. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey,

You are welcome to ride from Zoom and RDT's house up to WOTR with me, I have to make the trek anyways=)

Becca

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *grin* Mistress told me about the Halloween party down south being the day before Halloween (I hadn't gone in the thread), and how a lot of people were going to be going back and forth so as to attend both the party and the WOTR event... so, yay! I will definitely go for both if I'm out there. :D

SC - I don't have my cellphone with me because of roaming charges. I'm checking messages about once a day starting today, but if you want to reach me, try my sister's number in the PM I sent you.

It's occured to me... aside from the whirlwind partying at MHC, down south for the Halloween party, and then back north for the WOTR and TRICK-OR-TREATING (Yes!!)... I wonder what I'll do during the week in between, while everyone is at work? *scratches head* Um, anyone have any basic sewing or costuming stuff they'll need help with during that time?

*glares at airlines* Come on, I know you'll come out with a lower price as soon as I buy a ticket. I'm not gonna fall for it, so you might as well lower the price right now...

OOps. My sister's calling me to watch Stargate. Gotta run.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I will have a ton of costume stuff to work on, you can also work on your own costume stuff :D
    If you know how to drive a stick you can use my car and I could try to take a day off so we can just mess around :D
    Yes, I was going to call your sisters house.

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool. I will be ahppy to sew stuff if you have anything for me to work on. I'm hoping to get my (SG) costume done by MHC for the group thing, so I might (hopefully) not have any sewing of my own to do once I get out there. (Since I'll probably arrive just a day or so before MHC.)

I do know how to drive a stick, I learned on a standard car. But you need your car for work!

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Once I'm there, I'm there until I go home. You think they let me leave for lunch? Plus ZOO's there & she could go & pick me up lunch :p Or I could use the company vehicle once there???? No big deal, I sit at a desk, I won't need my car.

Jeff sometimes has short days or no work, you could hang out with him :D

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds cool!

Airfares are unfortunately going up the past few days. I don't know whether to grab a ticket now before they go up even farther, or wait for them to go back down. [face_plain]

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *JUMP*

Ok, a cheap airfare just came up, and I want to grab it as quickly as I can. Given previous responses, I'm assuming that I will be able to talk people into picking me up either at the airport or at a bus-stop/park-n-ride. [face_batting] I wanted to post the days and times I'm thinking of taking, though, in case anyone wanted to jump in with objections/suggestions.

I'm thinking to come out Thurs, Oct 21. I would arrive at DEN at 7pm.

I'm thinking to fly out on Tues, Nov 2... to give a day for myself and others to recover from the effects of Hallolween. :D But that's election day, right? So I was wondering if that wouldn't be a good day for getting a ride to the airport, and if either Mon Nov 1 or Wed Nov 3 would be better? (Times for flying out range 6:30am, 9:35am, 4pm) Regardless of day, what time to leave would work? If someone could get me to one of the park-n-rides sometime during the day, I can catch an airport bus into the airport, since none of those times are convenient for people who work...

25. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    I don't really think election day would have much of an effect...that is just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.