main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    As someone who has just now been looking into this forum as I prepare for the film, it feels like the panic has already happened.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Mostly Handless and dolphin like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It never leaves.

3. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
  4. Mr_Thompson

Mr_Thompson Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    Mate you need to stop tagging Manabyte in every second post. He generally comes here to post info that he has heard, but he's not here to clarify every bit of speculation on the internet.

But in regards to the trailer hysteria just relax and think about it objectively, TLJ is still very fresh in the eyes of the general public and is still playing in cinemas. Holding back on the trailer doesn't mean that the film is a dumpster fire, it is to avoid clashing with and potentially hurting TLJ box office. If the casual moviegoer see's that the next Star Wars film is only a few months away they are less likely to go see TLJ a second or third time etc.

I personally feel that even Feb might be too early for a full trailer, we go through this every year now with the new films and what we have seen is that even just a month of promotion and TV spots is more than enough to get people excited and aware of the movies existence.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    to me it would bolster my point that sources are great until there predictions don't come true. I don't think the film is bad in this case or that Lucasfilm is doing anything wrong but lets just be patient and see when a trailer hits.

6. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Well, The Last Jedi will be out of the Top 10 Box Office after this weekend. So, since they'll have 3 months to market Solo, early February has to happen.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well I will be helping out TLJ's box Office I am seeing It tomorrow afternoon for my third time with my nephew and my dad!

Mostly Handless and B99 like this.
  8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that's the motto of this thread.

Krueger and B99 like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Super Bowl eh?? Never thought this would happen.

10. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Well, evidence coming out points to that likely being the case.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    *Hides in hole.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well if the trailer truly is only 30 or 45 seconds then they will most likely tell us to go on line to see a longer trailer in which case I will have my lap top plugged in and ready to go while watching the SB and a good pair of head phones!

13. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    I agree.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Pretty sure one of the two will be Solo.

The late timing doesn’t indicate anything. We won’t get an official Deadpool 2 trailer until February (with Black Panther) and that movie comes out a week before Solo.

15. Darth Durge

Darth Durge Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2018
    To be fair, we've already seen quite a bit of Deadpool 2 - a short teaser, official photos of Cable and Domino, etc.

16. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    And also in all fairness, Deadpool 2 only recently changed its release date to being that early.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  17. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Another clue hinting that the Solo trailer will drop during the Super Bowl:

18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    It was moved only two weeks back from its June 1 release date. As for the earlier comment it’s not like there has been radio silence. Ron Howard and co. have released teaser images of crew and stuff. Sure, it’s not as extensive as Deadpool’s teaser material but both films are due out in May and neither has released its trailer. Solo is not alone and I’ve stepped back from assuming that the lack of a trailer meant something was wrong. This isn’t remotely new.

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Good one ^:)^

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I believe Deadpool 2 released there teaser trailer although it had no new footage.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Week from today!?

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    hopefully.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    One guy on Reddit is trying to claim these are Pro Bowl pins despite them saying Super Bowl LII (because for some reason people don't want the trailer on the Super Bowl):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Solo trailer premiers during Superbowl, then plays infront of Black Panther. The Black Panther trailer played infront of TLJ, and the TLJ trailer played infront of Thor: Ragnorok.

25. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    That's hilarious, especially as the numbers of the aren't the same, these clearly say Super Bowl, and we've had no announcement for anything happening today for the Pro Bowl...which we would have if there was some kind of promotional tie-in.