main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Somehow Tech (Didn't) Survived

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 5, 2023.

?

Is Tech alive or dead?

1. Tech is dead, but I wish he came back

5.7%
  2. Tech is dead and it’s better for the story

64.2%
  3. Tech is alive, but I wish he stayed dead

15.1%
  4. Tech is alive and I think it’s for the best.

15.1%
  1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well remember in season 1, Hunter fell from quite a height and simply got up and walked away totally fine.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But not as high. Tech definitely hit terminal velocity. Which isn’t a death sentence even in our world, but it does plummet the survival rate. Plus again a train also fell on him. Or likely did unless he somehow was able to get back in it or get away from it.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Somehow, Hunter hobbled off.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay so I was scrolling through Reddit and tumblr today as I sometimes do and man some people are delusional.

I think on instagram starwars posted that scene of Omega calling Crosshair her younger brother and the caption was technically.

that was it. And someone said this is a sign that Tech is alive

I still don’t see how tech somehow being alive would be better for the story than him being dead.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Insert my usual rant about the revolving door of death killing all the drama.

darth_of_denmark likes this.
  6. Alarinne

Alarinne Jedi Knight

May 7, 2021
    Why do people even need to grasp at such straws, when we have a far more convincing argument in "we didn't see the body, and it's Star Wars"?

Although after seeing 5 episodes of s3 I have to say, if Tech truly is dead (which seems likely), I'm disappointed with how the writers are handling the aftermath. We don't really see the Batch grieving, we don't see them telling Crosshair... Why kill a character if you are not willing to show us the emotional consequences?

So far the only thing that's changed is that once in a while someone says, "Oh yeah, this would be easier with Tech around."

Sarge likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think this problem would be solved if we were shown Crosshair’s reaction to learning tech had died.

Alarinne and Watcherwithin like this.
  8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Did he have a broken heart at time of 'death'? Unlikely, therefore he's fine.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If I don't see Tech laid out on the ground like Jack Nicholson's Joker at the end of Tim Burton's Batman, then there will forever be that fear that somehow he'll return. If not in Bad Batch itself, then in some other piece of media 10 years later.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah the Palpatine way of returning. I think Boba returned like 2 years after ROTJ went to theaters. When did Dark Empire release?

11. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Well if I recall my EU Lore correctly, Boba returned in the main Marvel book shortly after ROTJ came out only to again fall right back into the Sarlacc. I'm not making this up, its Star Wars 81 which was published in December of 1983.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh wow they didn’t wait long for that. I knew he fell back into another sarlacc.

I also looked it up it took them 8 years to bring back palpatine.

13. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Ever since Moriarty returned after falling into a waterfall by Sherlock Holmes, fictional "deaths" have been up for grabs, and it's up to writers to make us buy it. Regarding the poll, is what we want to happen or what we think will happen? His sacrifice is better story telling. However, he died next to the mountain of evil medical experiments. It reminds me of the death of Echo and his return. I choose not to think of what Hemlock might do with tech.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Moriarty died, and didn't return. Holmes did though, but the professor stayed dead.

15. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Getting old sucks. You are correct, but it does illustrate the propensity for bringing the dead back if makes money and creates, hopefully, happy fans. Neither is a guarantee.

16. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    At this point I'm curious if Five's body is on Tantiss

Bibliora likes this.
  17. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    That was on Eriadu.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm so glad they didn't pull another fake death out of Dave's cowboy hat.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am still waiting for Tech to return, even if the goggles had a bit of finality to it.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Dead Tech Squad wins.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So glad they had the guts to keep him dead. In an interview I think Jennifer Corbett said several of the writers in the writers room wanted to bring Tech back, but they were able to convince them of why that shouldn’t be the case.

keep dead characters dead. If Star Wars can do that the franchise will be on a better track. That plus don’t do monster of the week.

Sproj, theorenwulf, Slater and 2 others like this.
  23. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    I do think that if Batch was a four season show that Tech would turn out to be alive

Alarinne and Wolf43 like this.
  24. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    My prediction that Tech would return was proven wrong, and I'm glad that it was. Killing a main character off like that did raise the tension for the final season.

Sadly, the tension was mostly squandered with too much getting us from A to B stories and the rest of the crew surviving.

Sproj likes this.
  25. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    he’ll probably come back in a future Omega series. Like Asajj Ventress. Fan favorites always come back.

I’d be up for a Memento-style series with Tech waking up not knowing who he was or how he got there but needing to piece it together following clues and pictures he left behind of his past.

Last edited: May 12, 2024