main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that an Aunt May at ca. 1:39?

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    "Riot" might be a poor choice of words, considering that character will be in Venom and Venom is not doing to hot with social media reactions. But yeah, Into the Spider-Verse continues to put out great footage and makes the movie look better and better. The first few moments of the trailer are definite nods to Sam Rami's/Tobey Maguire's Spidey flicks, which are nice touches. However, I don't recall any nods to Andrew Garfield's or Tom Holland's MCU Spideys; not that those things would effect my enjoyment of the film much.

[face_dancing] Yeah, I saw that bit at SDCC and wasn't sure if they would keep it a surprise until the film dropped.

Well, it's definitely not the Marissa Tomei version of Aunt May, but it is mostly Aunt May standing in the background.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe it's Spider-Ma'am?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah Tom Hardy was talking about his random improvs not making it in which you could read between the lines of his original statement that is what he is saying

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018...nts-that-his-favourite-venom-scenes-were-cut/

“That’s been misunderstood. What I’m trying to say is, the question was [what] scenes I was most excited to shoot…and I was like, there’s a bunch of stuff that hasn’t made the movie. And I’m talking [from] an actor’s point of view. So what I’m saying is I had a lot of time improvising and a lot of freedom to play with Venom. So in honesty there’s probably about 7 hours or more worth of footage of me playing as Venom and enjoying myself…and when I was doing it I took him right out there, and played with it and had a lot of fun because there’s a lot of fun you can have with the project and with this character. And me and the other executive producers know full well that has nothing to do with what’s in that story. Nevertheless, would I like to watch a 7-hour version of Venom? Yep! But that’s as an actor.

“The truth [of it] is everything we wanted is in the story. Everything I want is in the story. And more. And the film is awesome. And I’m excited and I just want to shoot a sequel. Bottom line – don’t get it twisted. As an actor, what we love doing, not everything’s going to make it! I don’t want anyone to think in any way shape or form…that’s not a studio party line, that’s the genuine truth. This movie is awesome. Everything we want is in it. Everything I want is in it. And more. And I’m just saying if I didn’t get my song and dance routine in it, that’s nothing to cry about, but I may have enjoyed that. So if there’s a sequel, hopefully, I can sing and dance in that.”

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Goddamn, that new Eminem song for Venom is trash. Sounds like something junior high kids who drink too much Monster Energy drinks would listen to.

Though probably fitting for this film tbh.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Diggy and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Sounds more like someone's been told to backtrack by their PR agent if you ask me.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I LOVE that new Spider-Verse trailer. I think I’m even more hyped for it than Aquaman.

“Do animals in your dimension speak? Because I don’t wanna freak him out.”

*person faints*

Lmao!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I’m more hyped for my dental cleaning this weekend than I am for Aquaman.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kristian Harloff with Collider has echoed most of the “first impressions” about Venom.

That is, it’s absolutely terrible. Too bad.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    One recurring element popping up in the Venom reactions: Tom Hardy seems to be acting like he's in a comedy while everyone else (including the director) seems intent on playing things completely serious.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  14. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Venom is currently stitting at a score of 28 on rotten tomatoes

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think it was at the premier that Ruben Fleischer emphasized "We made this one for the fans" which can be reasonably assumed to mean "We know the critics are going to destroy it".

16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    This one got a chuckle outta me:

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    "Camp" is a word that I've been seeing thrown around a bit while describing Venom. That almost makes me want to witness this car crash for myself.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    more liek veNOPE

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
  20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Venom really seems to be gunning for a second place finish this weekend behind A Star is Born. Its Halloweeny look won't save it from a DC comics-ish fate.

Chewgumma likes this.
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah seeing all the mentions of "a 90's comic book movie", which the trailers themselves gave off a certain degree of vibe of, made me believe that classic camp is what this one was serving up.

22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, I’m going to skip Venom.

Into the Spider Verse on the other hand is looking amazing.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    keep us out of this ****, this is a rare opportunity to enjoy a marvel fail

Rylo Ken likes this.
  24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonder if Sony is starting to regret leaving in that "Like a turd in the wind" bit.

Diggy likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Goddammit adam, I came into post, "so the film is the turd in the wind. How meta."