main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's probably been retconned, but you're sort of right with your impression. In ASM #15 he's literally a super-powered hunter that was friends with The Chameleon, and all circumstantial evidence suggests he's never hunted a person before (he literally presents his decision to hunt Spider-Man to the public as him finally going after "The Most Dangerous Game"). Since they were, I dunno, college roommates or something, The Chameleon hires Kraven to hunt Spider-Man, because evil secret agent gonna evil secret agent. Kraven loses (obviously), so he swears revenge (as is the style), and becomes a recurring Spider-Man villain. He also helps form the Sinister Six in the first annual and it makes no goddamn sense because the entire time he's alternating between talking about how teaming up is the only way to stop Spider-Man and then on the very next page he'll be complaining about how he's called KRAVEN because he hunts ALONE.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ll be honest; I have a soft spot for Kraven being an insufferable prima-donna.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I personally really liked the idea in Ultimate where he was an obnoxious reality TV star who hosted a hunting travelogue show and just did it for the ratings.

BigAl6ft6 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    At least Spider-Man didn’t inadvertently cause the death of Kraven’s uncle. Now that would be ironic.

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    ...Oh my God...

...Someone should make Kraven one of those “survivalist influencers.” Like those dudes who film themselves doing their best Bear Grylls impression.

PymParticles and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah the first Kraven arc in Ultimate Spider-Man is basically a long punchline setup where he's a reality TV show host trying to make 100 episodes syndication ("Seinfeld money!" is what his agent calls it if I remember correctly) and it culminates in confrontation where Spider-Man shrugs and knocks him out with one punch. That would actually totally be a movie I would watch. (Later on Kraven returned in the Ultimate Six with a power upgrade).

there was a Kraven return again recently in Amazing Spider-Man, he's been resurrected with multiple Kraven Ver. 2 offspring/clones/whathaveyou. This killed them all off, and he shot himself, yet again, but for reals this time and now Kraven Clone/Son is basically Kraven again for all intents and purposes. So he's dead again. And sorta not. His first death also led to Todd McFarlane's opening "Spider-Man" solo book arc. put in lots of drums driving Spidey mad! (There is a legit menacing vibe in that first McFarlane Spider-Man solo comic arc that really stuck with me as a kid)

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    BACK! TO! FORMULA?!!!

vin, Yodaminch and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We can't go more than 2 movies without a Goblin, apparently.

Yodaminch likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking 7x Hangman winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    If you count Into the Spider-verse, then it is more than 2 movies. ;)

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Green Goblin is in Spider-Verse.

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    and i thought he had died in that other universe.
    if he's from yet another one , perhaps they'll give him a comic correct costume this time

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The design is based on the Ultimate version.
    [​IMG]

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They're just throwing all the Spider-Man movie alums into No Way Home at this point.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Counting Spider-verse, it would be one (SMH), unless you count Civil War (which would still leave it at “no more than 2”).

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Any way that dipping into the Spider-movie alums for No Way Home is to build off of the pop of JK Simmons JJJ in Far From Home? Not that I'm complaining as JK Simmons needs to play JJ Jameson often as possible. Or they just really really liked Spider-Verse. And even though the Sony Spider-Man movies have gone through different Spider-Men and continuities and films, it is sort of approaching it's 20th anniversary so kinda around that time you have the big alum movie together mash up.

Basically, I can't believe a damn word whenever Andrew Garfield is asked if he's in it and he straight up says they haven't asked me. Although Emma Stone just said she isn't either.

18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I forgot about that.

In any case, I wonder if the No Way Home title refers to Spider-Man being forced to leave the MCU universe and never returning (along with Michael Keaton's Vulture given that he seems to be in Morbius).

19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You know I assumed there probably was some kind of plan right up until they felt the need to put this out there.

21. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Multiverse is only thing i can think off.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe NWH sends him off into the Spiderverse for Sony shenanigans, until he can find his way back home to the MCU for the next Avengers movie?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I still say Spider-Man next MCU appearance will be in Fantastic Four, they got the same Spider man MCU director and everything

24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    i was kinda wondering/theorizing if maybe he's already in the other spider-verse at the end of the last movie. Since it has JJJ. He just hasn't realized it yet.

But yeah, I'm thinking he's going to be 'stuck' in the sony-verse until he can finally find his way back to the MCU.

25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Can't be the same JJJ as the Tobey Spider-verse if that's what you're suggesting. Even if that Jameson ended up losing his head, that Daily Bugle was different than the Tobey Spider-verse one.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.