main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Producer on Kraven release date.

Basically says they're confident in the film, which is why they pushed it back from late summer to early December, and that it's good enough to see twice. Not surprising that the producer would say that, though.

Article also worth noting that Kraven supposedly has a $130m budget- more than Venom 3!

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    “Alright, so you need me to authorize a budget for… Krah-veen the Hunter? Am I saying that right? Whatever, what’s this guy known for?”

“Well he hunts animals and has some abilities to match.”

“Oh so he can like, turn invisible like a chameleon, or run fast like a cheetah? This sounds great!”

“No he’s just… kind of strong and agile.”

“I see. Well, any good stories with this guy? What will Spider-Man audiences want to see?”

“Well… this one time he shot himself.”

“And then he comes back with superpowers like that Brandon Lee movie?! What an angle! Krah-Veen the Hunstman: Undead Avenger! … Maybe not Avenger, Iger might sue us.”

“No, he uh… he stayed dead.”

“… I see. So we’re making a movie, about a guy who is kind of strong, and is most famous for committing suicide, and he hunts animals.”

“Well we’re changing him to a conservationist.”

“Uh huh. And you want… how much, exactly?”

“$130mm.”

“… Eh, **** it.”

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Kraven costing more than Venom 3 seems to me more like reshoots. Like I think a main character in Venom being a cgi symbiote goo monster would be automatically more expensive than tigers

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Avi Arad must be stopped.

Yodaminch and rocknroll41 like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It doesn't seem to have had any reshoots of note. I suspect it may be the location shooting (Iceland, England) that added to the cost, whereas Venom is presumably filmed mostly in SF or in a studio.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    he's the one who threw out the notion for The Spot as the villain in Across the Spider-Verse and even Lord and Miller dismissed initially but then came up with a great take.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No AI for Beyond the Spider-Verse.

Sony Pictures chief Tony Vinciquerrara recently revealed that his studio’s plans to increase its usage of A.I. in movies and TV shows in an effort to produce works in “more efficient ways” that will help cut costs.

That has led to fan concerns over several projects in the works, one of them being “Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse” which remains without a release date in part due to the sheer workload required to create the third and likely final film in the saga.

Speaking with Toonado.com, producer/writer Chris Miller promises fans that artificial intelligence will not be used on the project:

“There is no generative AI in Beyond the Spider-Verse and there never will be. One of the main goals of the films is to create new visual styles that have never been seen in a studio CG film, not steal the generic plagiarized average of other artists’ work.”

soitscometothis likes this.
  9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016

Looks more of the same, very dumb but entertaining...maybe?

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It became personal to me… like a turd… in the wind.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Are there people who are emotionally invested in the Venom films? The concept itself seems like a bad joke.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    Ghost and rocknroll41 like this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Missed opportunity not using the Donna Summer song.

Sarge likes this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    It seems tomorrow Sony will release a red band trailer of this. Don't ask me why.
    Double down my bet: if this bombs the Kraven movie won't be ever released.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Looking at the numbers, the first movie made $213M Domestic and $642M Internationally (with a huge chunk of it coming from China) with a budget of $100M.
    The second movie also made $213M Domestic, but only $293M Internationally (as I don't see any China numbers) with a budget of $110M.

Upon more research, it appears the Venom 2 wasn't released in China because of comments from Tom Hardy made back in 2012. I bet Sony wasn't too happy about that.

So will Venom 3 make Sony a butt load of money? It appears so, based on the other two films. They both have around 80%+ Audience Scores on RT.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm pretty sure that the movies did not make the GDP of some first world countries...

rocknroll41 likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Fixed it. Should be M not B.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You wouldn’t expect China box office numbers in 2021 for a pretty straightforward reason. That said, I’m not expecting them to ever return to pre-pandemic levels.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Curious because this trailer already has curse words in it that wouldn't be allowed in a greenband trailer playing in theaters. It's in-between. I guess that makes it a yellowband trailer? ;)

rocknroll41 likes this.
  19. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    The only thing really curious about this trailer is that it reveals Chiwetel Ejiofor ( Mordo from Dr. Strange MCU movies) and Rhys Ifans ( The Lizzard from Andrew Garfield spiderverse) are in the movie. Variants? Or Sony is so lost that forgot those actors were already played important characters in both franchises?

rocknroll41 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "****" is allowed in green-band trailers now, has been for a few years at least.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Are you sure about that? I know that they might be in online versions, but not sure about legit greenband ones in theaters (and I don't mean Transformers One-type situations where they make a more kid-friendly one to play in front of certain films).

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, definitely. They'll still use clean ones if the trailer is played before a PG or under movie, but in front of PG-13 or R yeah green-bands have been allowed to more PG-13 elements shown/said. There's still definitely red-band trailers in the theatres that go all in, but for the most part some of the restrictions on green-bands have loosened.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    One of these days I'll have the motivation to care enough to watch the first Venom movie; much less the sequels.

Sarge and rocknroll41 like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    But not today.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    venom 2 was the most fun i’ve had in a theater since i picketed little women back in 2019 thinking it promoted pedophilia

soitscometothis, rocknroll41 and dp4m like this.