main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] JUST THE FACTS: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jp-30, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    JUST THE FACTS: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV

Hello, fellow LFPers! :) This thread is based on the template created by Grilled-Sarlacc for SW Ep3 in the 3SA forum.

This is an accurate timeline of all known facts as of 10 January, 2003. All of this information includes the source, the date, and...just the facts! Enjoy!

This thread obviously contains spoilers about Indiana Jones IV, so read no further if you wish to remain unspoiled for this movie. When news is found on several sites, or revealed at different times, the repeated info is not posted.

If you hear of anything definite (no unsourced rumours, please -> you can put rumours in this thread), post below and I'll edit it in.

[li][b]January 21, 2002;
    Spielberg mentions to Fox News that Kate Capshaw (Willie Scott) is in Indy 4, and that the title is set. [link=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,43585,00.html]Fox news[/link]: [/b]
    [i]"We have a title, but we're not ready to announce it,"[/i] Spielberg said. [i]"I will give you one clue, though. Kate is in it."[/i] I asked if he meant that Capshaw's character would appear via flashbacks, and he replied: [i]"No. She'll be in the present."[/i][/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]May 31, 2002;
    Darabond confirmed as scriptwriter. [link=http://admin1.empireonline.emap.centrecore.com/news/news.asp?story=4413&ss=indiana+jones&cp=1] Empire Online [/link][/b]
    ...official confirmation has now been given that Shawshank Redemption writer/director, Frank Darabont, will be putting pen to parchment for the fourth Indiana Jones adventure.[/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]June 24, 2002;
    John Rhys Davies hints at a Sallah return for Indy 4. Thinks Tom Hanks son, Colin, may have a role. Reported on AICN [/b]
    [i]"Now, he [John Rhys Davies] says he knows nothing of the story - but that some of his Indy's old girlfriends will appear in the film, as will Sean Connery as his Dad and Spielberg's pal, Tom Hanks, has talked the director into putting young Colin in the film too. ."[/i] [/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]July 12, 2002;
    Darabond says no Nazis, but other good villians. Told to [link=http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-07/12/13.00.film] scifi.com [/link][/b]
    Indy won't be facing down Nazis this time around, Darabont said. [i]"We're going to give you some good villains, let me just put it that way,"[/i] he said.[/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]July 17, 2002;
    Ford knows nothing of Indy's son being in the movie, acording to [link=http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/2002/2002-07-17-harrison.htm] USA Today [/link][/b]
    ...But Ford says of the script, [i]"We've only just begun."[/i] He adds confidently enough, [i]"We'll get there."[/i] He'd like Kate Capshaw and Sean Connery to turn up again. Might Indiana have a son himself? Ford says that's never been discussed."[/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]July 24, 2002
    Only One Son in Indy 4, Ford tells Chicago Sun Times[/b]
    Harrison Ford told columnist Cindy Pearlman the fourth installment will not feature Indy training his screen son, as a way to keep the franchise going. Ford said, [i]"There's only one son in these movies and I'll always be Sean Connery's little boy!"[/i]
    (secondary source; [link=http://www.movies.com] movies.com) [/link][/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]November 21, 2002;
    Rick MacCallum Talks release year to [u]Star Wars Insider[/u]: [/b]
    "...Indy 4 will hit theaters in 2005. Filming could start this summer.
    [i]?Steven Spielberg is directing and Frank [Marshall] is producing, so even though George will have written the story for it - the screen play is being written by Frank Darabont now - we?ll be making Star Wars, so we?re locked away, basically, and they?ll go ahead and make Indy.?[/i]
    (secondary source; [link=http://www.countingdown.com]countingdown.com[/link])[/li]

[hr]
    [li][b]December 12, 2002;
    Spielberg confirms script finished to [link=http://www.accesshollywood.com]Access Hollywood[/link]: [/b]
    "...During an interview for his latest film, "Catch Me If You Can," Spielberg told Access Holl

2. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    January 13, 2003-Lucas Says He's Got Story for Indiana Jones 4

Star Wars creator George Lucas told me that he wrote the story for Indiana Jones 4 last summer and expects to shoot it sometime this year with Steven Spielberg

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You need to give me the source, preferably with a link, before I can determine fact from rumour. :)

4. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
  5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks. Added it in. The story being written is old news, but a possible 2003 beginning to shooting is new. :)

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Have you checked this, JP?

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep. Nothing particularly new in that lot.

8. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is something...

9. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks Deltron Zero :cool:

10. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Thanks for that. If I find any news about this movie then I will post it here for you to update. :)

11. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    I just watched the Indy Trilogy all over again over the past two days, and I'm getting excited about this new Indy film. Even moreso than Episode 3!

12. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I just looked at the Internet Movie Database - there were links to Indy 4 information a couple of months ago, but now I can't find a thing. No links, no references, zip. :confused: The film hasn't been cancelled, has it?

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  14. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    The latest...

Harrison Ford told SCI FI Wire that Frank Darabont has completed his script for a proposed fourth Indiana Jones movie. "Steven [Spielberg]'s quite happy with it," Ford said in an interview. "I'm expecting to see it in a couple of weeks."

Ford added that he worked closely with director Spielberg, Darabont and executive producer George Lucas on the story. "The way the process works is that George and Frank work together, then Steven gets the script, then I get the script, and we all work together. We all met together and talked about it before they started writing."

15. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Their was a chat at MSN with Harrison Ford

Theirs a quote that says:

IndianaMaier1 in Onstage1 asks: Mr. Ford, do you have any further projects you can talk about?
    Harrison_Ford_Live says: We're getting close to being able to annouce a drama that we'll be doing later this year, but I can't talk about it yet. The next project after that is the next "Indiana Jones" movie that will be out in 2004.
    DishDiva says: Are you excited "Indiana Jones 4."

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Upping to free thread from the autolocker

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Here's the Indy 4 update site.

Currently Lucas has devoted all his time to Indy IV now!

:)

18. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That's certainly good news!

19. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I hope he doesn't take too long "tweaking" the script. [face_worried]

20. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
  21. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I think six months for complete production is a little risky for a film like Indy Jones.
    Yeah, Speilberg did it with Munich but Munich is not nearly as demanding from a production viewpoint as Indy 4 will be.
    Even Speilberg needed nearly a year for "War Of the Worlds".
    I would bet if it does start production in 2007, don't expect it in theaters until 2008.

22. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Somehow I missed this thread. Thanks JP, it's something I've been looking for for a while.

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, it could do with a big update being edited into the first post. Adam?

24. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    1/28/2006 from ContactMusic.com (see my personal comments below...)

HARRISON FORD has given movie moguls STEVEN SPIELBERG and GEORGE LUCAS a two-year time frame to make the fourth INDIANA JONES film.

The ageing action man is confident the next instalment of the heroic adventurer's exploits will make it to the big screen eventually, but he's keen to hurry the process along.

The 63-year-old says, "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

The film is tentatively scheduled to begin production next year (07).

In addition:

I also saw Harrison interviewed on my local TV station this week and he said he felt good about Indy IV. He said that they had a Script Concept in place and things were moving forward, which seems to confirm the above.

(I know the above site is not always the most reliable.)

25. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    How will this effect the star wars tv show and is it true spielburg is doing a new J.Park??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.