main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar 2.0 (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: A New Breed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I am hereby marking Doom’s Day as a national (Latverian) holiday! Who shall celebrate with me!?

:p

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    For me, Doomsday will always be the grey being who killed(?) a parody Superman that I found in a comic once.

That Superman did a supersonic flight whilst holding a kitten he had just picked up. It wasn't messy or anything, nor was it a kitten....

Kurisan and darthbernael like this.
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Sith-I-5

Now I'm really intrigued about 'Doom Burgers'. I'd try one, as long as it's not green, lol. That was a very nice touch. :cool:

Kurisan and darthbernael like this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You can flip reality all you want, Liz still doesn't like shwarma.

If Mary gets the opportunity to take Nikki for a happy meal, we may get to discover the Doom Mac together...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings everyone!! Please help me to welcome @Kurisan to our game!!

I do believe we are in for a treat!! W00T!! [face_dancing][face_party]

Kurisan, darthbernael and Ameteth like this.
  6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks @greyjedi125 and hi everyone I’m joining in a bit late so please be patient if I ask any stupid questions! Big fan of the Marvel franchises and have always wanted to come up with my own superhero!

Zara is not good with alcohol so just a sparkling water please... ahh whatdahell just get her a bottle of Budweiser! [face_dancing]

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Here you go Zara! Cheers!! :D

[​IMG]

8. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    @Sith-I-5, I'm very curious as to how tasty those Doom Burgers are, do they have a veggie version as well? lol! ( I really enjoyed that detail :D )

Welcome to the fold and the refold with a twist @Kurisan, looking forward to being transported by the tales of Zero-G's heroics :cool:[face_nail_biting]:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ameteth, making it vegetarian / vegan certainly was not my first thought, however thinking about it earlier today, and the way Doom likes to inflict pain, I am thinking that Ghost Peppers or equivalent, need to be a feature.

@Kurisan - Welcome to the Marvel Universe. Hope my girls get to meet yours and others' characters, soon.

10. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Welcome, @Kurisan

To the barkeep, Daken will take a dozen Doom Burgers, rare, and just keep the whisky flowing. Anyone have a cigar?

Ameteth, greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    A Doom Burger with Ultron Hot Sauce, if you please.

And a hearty welcome to @Kurisan ! Zero-G, Ni hao! 你好

Ameteth, greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Give us a moment, Mary will ask the guy who lit his own fart.

Darth_Elu and Kurisan like this.
  13. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Ameteth - thank you! [face_love]
    @Sith-I-5 - we must stop meeting like this.[face_whistling]
    @darthbernael - thank you too, I don't smoke. ;)
    @Darth_Elu - Ni hao ma?

Rather than go back through full CS / bio's could you give me a brief intro to your characters & powers? I like to know who's on the team. :cool:

Ameteth and Darth_Elu like this.
  14. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Daken, Wolverine's son.

Has his dad's regenerative powers and three claws, heightened senses and speed.
    The claws however are two that extend like Wolverine's and one that comes from the inside of his wrist.
    Has the ability to put out pheromones that can influence people how he wants
    Is arrogant, doesn't truly care for anyone, especially his dad
    Is pansexual, and yes it's come up in game already, lol
    Sometimes hero, mostly villain

15. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey: Blueline or Blue to his friends, has wolverine like regeneration and the heart of a hero. Will always put everyone before himself, will always dive into danger no matter the cost to himself, and doesn't need adoration for it. He does it because it is the right thing to do. Fears Casey's lack of control and doesn't want to see anyone hurt by it, least of all Casey herself.

Motto: I will heal, they won't.

Casey: Aegis when she working alongside Blue and Psion ( @Ameteth ) has super strength linked to her Flight, Fight, Fright response. The more afraid she gets the stronger she gets. Doesn't quite have control over it yet so often times this leaves her lashing out at anything and everything. Is working on control but things keep getting in the way.

Motto: I don't want to be a monster.

16. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks @galactic-vagabond422 yes I think I saw Blue-Wolverine as one of the first ones up he looks cool.

Just to be sure; Casey "Aegis" has super strength and can fly?

I like Aegis that's a very good name.

Thanks @darthbernael - Daken and Blue sound like they would have a good rumble!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Just super strength but it is linked to her fear. Closest example is the Hulk except instead of anger it is fear.

18. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422 I don't think I've ever seen that particular concept before and let's face it between DC & Marvel and all the others they've come up with just about every superpower idea possible (I know Zero-G is not entirely original), so well done Sir! I always celebrate an original idea.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Wo hen hao. Xiexie. @Kurisan (I hope I got that right. lol!)

Once had a character (off the boards) who could go into Hulk form, but it was connected to elation and joy rather than rage or fear. Was very interesting. :p

In any event, Cameron J. Giles aka Gemini is the...erm...was the Deputy Director of SHIELD (aka Second-in-Command) but recent events have turned this upside down and inside out. A member of White Star now evidently.

He has the power of invisibility as well as the ability to potentially clone himself multiple times. As a member of SHIELD, I suppose he is your superior. ;)

Ameteth and darthbernael like this.
  20. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Darth_Elu Thank you for the welcome, err, boss?

(Great, a boss who is invisible and also can watch everyone at once... better make sure I don’t slack haha).

Gemini is a nice handle, too - what does he look like?

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, my pair are members of British E-Branch, a secret service populated by psi-powered individuals.

Liz Merrick

Pretty much a normal young woman, who also happens to be a fairly good telepath. Also has mind shields, which is a necessity in this business.

Mary Formal

Mary has some parallels with your Zara / Zero-G, mainly the speed, and how she joined SHIELD.

Formal is a shape-shifting alien from the planet Arca, who got exiled to Earth in the 1700s (Georgian England). Upon arrival she took the body of the first human she encountered, and maintains that to this day.

She has superspeed up to 300m, and has sufficient strength to wrestle a relatively new (eg. several weeks old) vampire. So I wouldn't say "superstrength", but she can handle herself.
    She got conscripted into E-Branch, to aid in their primary mission of hunting down any Wamphyri (Vampire Lords) hiding out on Earth.

Both Liz and Mary have been seconded to SHIELD's 'Section 23', or Paranormal Phenomena Department.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kurisan

Most Character Sheets were posted in the first 3 pages of the main game thread. Two additional characters are here on page 2 of this thread.That being said, after countless delays, I finally created a reference thread for the game where all character sheets will be posted. Best to have it all in one place. :)

EDIT:

@galactic-vagabond422

To think I have to wait on a weekly basis to read your posts is totally unfair, just so you know. :p

EDIT2:

@Sith-I-5

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_rofl]^:)^^:)^

I'm dead, dead, DED!! Mary just killed me Dead! that Doom Mac description scene is PERFECTION!! =D==D==D=

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  23. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr /Psion....let's see. He can manipulate matter (molecular level and exploring beyond that), he's very creative with his abilities which he hones the way any talented person would improve their skills. He has been brought up/ nurtured to be respectful, even-tempered and reasonable with a strong moral compass. This by necessity since he would be a terror upon the world were he to unleash his abilities without remorse. Unfortunately he was isolated and is somewhat 'socially awkward' and puts a high value on true friendship. He might seem a bit naive at first, but is nobody's fool. He regards powers and abilities as perfectly natural and normal for those who have them, no different from being gifted with a singing voice, athletic prowess or artistic excellence or even genius level intelligence. He's an optimist and has a 'can do' attitude almost about everything, mostly because of how he was brought up and nurtured and loved in spite of his 'condition'.

@Sith-I-5 I totally lost it ( cracked up and guffawed) at 'the burger continued pleasantly'. Totally love a good bit of witty writing [face_rofl]
    [face_laugh]:D

Kurisan, Sith-I-5, Darth_Elu and 3 others like this.
  24. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks everyone. So, quick recap...

Blueline - close combat badass, regenerates
    Aegis - unstable youngster with great power linked to fear = super strength (lashes out?)
    Gemini - boss/brainy mentor type, invisibility and self-cloning
    Liz Merrick - telepath / mind-shield
    Psion - can manipulate matter by touch

I think Zero-G will fit in nicely with this team. It almost feels like a perfect mix. [face_love]

I feel like Daken is a renegade/potential enemy; Sabretooth-type and also a close combat badass.

I put my CS up in the Access Granted post. This is getting quite exciting.[face_nail_biting]

K

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  25. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    @Kurisan , He manipulates it by force of will, think of Doctor Manhattan from The Watchmen, but with clothes, lol!

Darth_Elu, Kurisan and greyjedi125 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.