main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar 2.0 (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: A New Breed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Dear me, no, no, no, that's so NOT the visual reference we need for this scene. [face_laugh]

*****************************************************************************
    EDIT:

@The Jedi in the Pumas

Awesome entrance for The Ouro! Great pic! I'd love to see an elite CosPlay of that costume.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Took a white to find an image for him that I actually liked. But when I found it, I was in love lol.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Seeing a costume pic helps cement that we are supposed to be in the Marvel Universe.

I felt the same way with the Green Goblin, and Moonstone costume pics

4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi team LOVE the ouro pic. Also enjoying the ACCESS GRANTED thread. Can I just recap everyone and ask are you all White Star?

Gemini - invisible / self-cloning
    Blueline - blonde wolverine
    Aegis - fear-based superstrength
    Bronze - Flight (wings)
    Shade - human shadow
    Psion - manipulate matter
    Ouro - allround superbeing
    Liz Merrick - telepath
    Zara - super-agility / acrobat

(Daken and Michael Knight look like renegades)

5. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes I would definitely say Daken is a renegade. Right now sort of a white hat as he's got these two kids along but can just as easily go dark.

greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    @Kurisan While Blonde Wolverine (or Blu-verine) would be a quick description, it comes with a gravitas that I don't think current Blue lives up to. But, as a shorthand it is fine.

Also Blue and Casey don't really see themselves as part of White Star, mostly just outside contractors called in when the Star is stretched thin.

7. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422 ah yes sorry if that was an over-simplification I am mentally putting together how the team will function and he seemed like he would be similar to Logan in abilities and outsider/loner mindset.

Understood they are floating right now but Blue seems like a stand-up guy likely to join a good cause.

There are a lot of colour-based names in this team; how’d you come up with “Blue”?

8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    It comes from the term 'Thin Blue Line' to describe the police as they stand between regular citizens and those that would do harm. Blueline represents the lone source of protection for some people, the only cop they are going to get. Now he doesn't follow Due Process or any of the trappings of being an officer of the law, but he does his best to keep people safe.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Liz Merrick is not employed by White Star at this time.

10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
  11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    To answer your recap question @Kurisan, yes Gemini is currently a part of White Star.

Evidently. This is still all new to him. :p

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ahh, great.

Reading that darthbernael and grey' combo, it looks like the view of Malformed being a threat, is not merely Doom or Osborne propaganda, but actual reality.

Now that I've set Mary down the path of wanting to help them, that'll have to be redressed at some point.

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Makes for a good storyline though. ;)

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    In Mary's 'defense', there are stages to Malformation, so she is not entirely wrong, or alone in her desire to help.

15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Lol, choices choices. Daken is going to enjoy this.

Sinrebirth , Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well I'm glad Liz' bluff worked.

She had a contingency, but it even if it worked, there would have been consequences.

@greyjedi125 - did you do a dice roll to see if your guy fell for it?

I also like how potentially, a lot of New York-based characters could be coming together.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Liz had good cards on the table, and cough* Dice modifiers *cough. ;)

Yes, I have to agree. It would be great to see those potentials actualized. [face_peace]

darthbernael likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I researched how to fly from Portland, Oregon to La Guardia airport in New York, pretty thoroughly, before; and aside from what I thankfully wrote on page 2 of the game thread, for Mary and Liz' phone arrangements; I had a lot of schedule data on my home desktop, which has been down for months, cutting me off from it.

I have revisited the airline website, in order to re-acquire that information, and first, they literally changed their own flight schedule webpage to deal with the Covid-19 cancellations, and reduced flight scheduling.

And now that they are back, no matter which day of travel I check, it seems fairly consistent that they are not using the same routes as before, so not even going to San Jose at all.

After trying to marry up my notes with the new Reality, it looks like the in-game reality shift has offered a second opportunity....so **** it, it looks like Mary and Nikki are going via Chicago.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  19. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Sithy... we need to have a talk...

How do you put so much detail into your posts? It’s damn near like a movie scene sometimes

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for saying so. I like to visualise the world my people are operating in. So that, my own memories, and the two R's, research and rabbit-holes. Eg. All I wanted to do was look up what the plane livery looked like, as I recalled from earlier jetway experiences, you can see some of the plane around the hatch, and now I have open on my desktop, a page showing specifications, facts and seat arrangement for a Boeing 737-900ER aircraft, and one with a 2016 "flight review" aboard the same airline, from New York to Seattle!

Now if that direct route was available now, my girls would be joining the rest of the New York posse much sooner.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, everyone is doing an amazing job with their posts! I'm happy, grateful and honored to have such a great cast of players and characters! Just wanted to take a moment to thank you all, and assure you that the game is on the right track, thanks to each one of you. W00 H00!! This wouldn't be possible without you.

Three cheers to great RPing!! [face_dancing][face_party]

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Don't mind reusing this most effective image! :D [face_party][face_dancing]

[​IMG]

Darth_Elu, Ameteth, Kurisan and 2 others like this.
  23. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    This is the best show that has yet to come to Netflix, and even tho I'd binge watch it, I find that there is an extra layer of satisfaction that you can only get from reading.
    I'm very honored to be able to participate and read your incredible stories and posts and also want to say Thank YOU!!!!! ^:)^:)=D=

24. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Here we gooo! [face_dancing]

Anyone else get the feeling Manhattan is about to see some very serious action? [face_beatup]

Sith-I-5, Ameteth, Darth_Elu and 3 others like this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    When does it not? :p

Kurisan, Sith-I-5, Ameteth and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.