main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009 & Beyond] An Abiding Treasure. New Post: June 17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A wonderful piece giving even more depth to the action packed scene of RX-sith

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan RX_Sith

Hazel

Mira_Jade -- inspired by Sneak & Sell in East of the Sun. @};- [face_dancing]

~~~~~~

Gift for Chris; Lovely Parallel

Christine

"Len got me these stones. He had them placed on a silver chain." Blue gems sparkled. They were flattering to Chris's natural attractiveness of complexion and eyes.

Nyota grinned. "Were you surprised? By the gift? Or that he thought of you?"

Christine laughed. "Both, to be honest."

"That's one of the signs," Nyota teased happily.

"Of what?"

"Of thoughts like: 'I think of you all the time,' and 'I want to give you this, just because,' and 'You're beautiful.'"

Christine blushed.

"Well, that certainly gives me a lot to think about. I never thought of him as more than a colleague or friend, really."

"I know the feeling." Nyota breathed. "Although, for me, that phase didn't last all that long."

They laughed.

"Chris, you don't have to feel pressured by the gift or anything that's happened before," Nyota continued seriously, "to jump into something you don't absolutely want."

"I know. And he says he's willing to give us both a chance to figure out what, precisely, and where, exactly, we could lead to."

Nyota smiled. "Trading one burnt-marshmallow nerf-herder for another." She concluded fondly.

*****~~~~~~

Nyota

I was reading "Sonnets from the Portuguese" in bed when my love joined me.

"My mother had this volume," He told me, clasping my hand lightly. "I crept into the library one evening to get a leather-bound copy to read."

"Did you, really?" I asked, feeling a thrill of something indefinable rush through me at the image this evoked.

"Little did I know then that I would find you years later and gift you with a similar volume."

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "What a striking and lovely parallel!"

He stroked my fingers. "I held the verses to be quite ... inexplicable and sentimental back then..."

I laughed. "I'll bet!"

He reached a hand under my sleep shift and stroked my waist. I clamped down on my side of the bond between us and tried to quell the involuntary shiver of pleasure this touch evoked, all for the sake of a bit of teasing.

I yawned and closed the book and said in all casualness, as his hand worked its way around to other places, which incidentally made it harder to keep composure: "I'm done in. Good night, love."

He raised a brow at me in silent inquiry.

Then, he began giving me kisses starting at my throat and working upward. At my lips, he paused to nip my lower lip lightly and then devoured my lips thoroughly, squeezing me closer.

"Mmmm." I purred. "You don't know when to stop, do you?"

He pulled back. "Do you want me to?"

I laughed, releasing my end of the bond. My eyes and sense glowed with love and passion. "When you can grow orchids on Hoth, I will!"

Laughter rippled between us.

/I love you, Nyota, completely./ He murmured, continuing with what he'd been doing with hands and lips.

/And I adore you!!/

The words of a classic song flowed between us as my tender caresses joined his:

/Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you./

+++++++

:adore: :adore: !!!!!

Uber!love for EJF who continues to inspire LOL and baffle with the latest "Blue Eyes' update. [face_laugh] ;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So sweet! :) [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very sweet and LOL at the Nerf herder

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Nerf herders unite for more romantic and blissful relationship entanglements. [:D]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved this one so much. I loved Nyota and Chris talking at the beginning - and what that little ol necklace lead to! The burnt-marshmallow line had me grinning, because it's too true. [face_love] Just-colleagues, just-friends . . . yeeeeeah, those didn't last long at all, did they? [face_laugh][face_mischief]

And then, Sonnets from the Portuguese! What a perfect title to attribute to the unnamed book. How do I love thee . . . yep, Spock definitely has a new appreciation for those words that he wouldn't have had when he was a youngester.

This was just so much fun to read. As usual. ;) =D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel RX_Sith Mira_Jade

earlybird-obi-wan

~~~

Note: After reading "Fleeting Moments" & "After Her", I was struck at how many ways and chances for defining feelings a particular way can arise.

~~~~

A Matter of Definition

Those guys who hung around me ... they flirted quite overtly, at times. I would laugh and choose, because that's what it was, to shrug and pass it off as irrelevant, or a "joke between friends." I would send off even stronger signals of "I want to keep this at a friendship level."

When I knew of the history, as time progressed, of Sarek and Amanda, my heart melted and soared at one and the same time.

Sarek wasn't a dunderhead, or a clueless buckethead. [face_laugh] But he could've defined Amanda's glances and softly nuanced intonations as variations on a feminine theme, as something a close friend, a vivacious and warm intimate friend albeit, would express.

He saw it for what it was, and how it was meant, and didn't wibble-wobble around in the Land of Obliviousness. :p [face_laugh]

Neither, as it happened, did my dearest one.

My lingering over casual conversations, as they had been early on, spilled over, naturally ;) into sharing mealtimes.

Then, we started sharing pastimes of things we held in common as pleasures during leisure: delving into literature, poetry, classic drama, music - orchestral and vocal.

I made it a point to be discreet, but my signals were there to be read: I was attracted indisputably. :D :)

He didn't have to return these feelings; he could've been flattered by them, but turned me down - gently (of course).

These are reasons why each day and each night I brim over with ineffable gladness that our feelings are of the nature and degree that they are, and that mine are returned whole-souled.

^:)^

And this, needless to say, is why I'm always eager and willing to express those feelings verbally, and in other ways. [face_mischief]

+++++

Happy, joyful wriggles of the fangirl variety! [face_dancing]

LOL

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    There are so many ways of expressing one's feelings without doing so verbally ;)

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very sweet and special moments featuring Amanda and Sarek who were the original Human and Vulcan couple and Nyota and Spock who are just as special in their own way. [:D]

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so lovely!

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I totally celebrate and rejoice in the splendor of both pairings, the miracleness and the perfectness. ^:)^ !!!!

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Lovely and soft and perfect! I loved the 'unspoken' here - because really, what words are needed? [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: LOL using 4 prompts from the uDC #7 for this week: namely serious, rude, charming, and funny.

~~~

Facets Reveled In

The daughter of the High Vizier was a pretty thing: auburn-haired and gray-eyed. She was vivacious, only a few years older than my niece.

Her older sister was 15 standard years and noticing boys, as her younger sister confided in me during a reception. She was intrigued by my betrothal ring and pestered me with questions, when she found out who my fiance was. ;)

"He must be serious all the time!" She said, making a frowny face.

I laughed. I couldn't quite think of her statement as rude, per se.

"The Commander is quite intense and focused, I would say, during work." I replied, injecting a tone of formality.

Off-hours, his humor is more subtle, in contrast to Dajan's, whose wit can be subtle, but who can also send one into side-aching laughs with his observations and turns of phrase.

She, though, would not be deflected from her inquiries.

"Is he charming?" She prodded now, obviously using a word she'd heard from her older sister.

Charming ... I reflected.

"Not exactly." I answered. "Not if what you mean is flattering. But he does know how to say the right things to me ... how to make me feel happy."

Her gray eyes sparkled. "He's quite exotic-looking, Ma'am."

I smiled. "This is definitely so, my dear!"

My ashal-veh had heard some of this exchange during a lull in his own conversation with the young girl's father.

So, he favored me with an inscrutable look when we were alone.

"What?" I asked.

He raised a brow at me. "Nyota, I heard you talking with the Vizier's daughter, Ailynn."

I grinned. "Outspoken, I know, but she meant no harm."

"I am sure of it." He replied, even as our bond disclosed nothing.

"You were quite ... outspoken in your own responses."

"Yes, well? I revealed nothing indiscreet. What have you to object to?" I asked, puzzled.

Suddenly, he crushed me near, giving me a heated kiss. "Nothing, love."

I squeezed back.

Our eyes held, with mutual amusement and tenderness.

"You!" I exclaimed.

Ailynn's inquiries had done one thing: impressed on me all over again the facets I reveled in.

"You and I - we meld together so well, complement one another's temperaments superbly." I murmured happily.

"Indeed." His eyes glowed, as he stroked a hand lazily down my back from my shoulders.

We found much pleasure in melding together, then, literally.

^:)^ !!!

+++++

:D

[face_dancing]

Tags:

RX_Sith

Hazel

Mira_Jade @};- @};-

earlybird-obi-wan --- missing you!! Where are your "early" drabbles? [face_laugh] [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] The daughter is hilarious :D

15. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Kids make such clever remarks.

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Kids say the darndest things and with the reciprocation that Spock gave Nyota later, she should make the daughter her new best friend. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, what a sweet girl! I loved Nyota's responces - spot on answers, and Spock's even more later. [face_love]

What a refreshingly lovely update. =D=

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith Hazel Mira_Jade

Note: A supplemental/extra scene to the latest "Into Darkness" installment. :) @};-

~~~~~

Sarek

He had learned of the dire circumstances and had been keeping apprised assiduously of the current state of affairs.

He would have known she was there, in any event. He was astonished at the filial connection they had with one another. She felt like sunshiny meadows: warm and fragrant.

He sent his personal air-car to bring her to his offices. They met in a broad quadrangle, as passersby flowed by on the pedwalk.

Her low voice was tightly controlled in its musical tones, and he felt a rush of admiration for her.

They got "caught up" on events even more so as they made their way to a corner booth in the dining hall.

"Spock Prime, I guess I should call him," She laughed. "Jim calls him that at any rate to keep the two of them separate," She winked. "is so calming and soothing to me... I feel like my soul has a small respite. Does that make sense?"

"Indeed, it does."

"I also am relieved that my family are safe and well; my sister's family is on a much-needed vacation & my parents are attending a seminar/conference." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "What I wouldn't give for a carton of turtle tracks ice cream about now!"

Sarek gave her a questioning look, and she smiled. "Ice cream with chocolate and nuts and caramel. If I could make it absolutely decadent, I'd add a dollop of hot fudge sauce."

"Ah, what has commonly been called 'comfort food.'"

"Yes, bad for the calories, but a balm to the soul."

As they exited, he laid a hand on her shoulder briefly.

"Nyota, I still feel our Spock's presence, if that can be of solace to you."

Tears filled her eyes: at the words and that he had known she needed to hear them.

Nyota

How she wanted to hug him for that welcome assurance, and for the myriad ways he reminded her of her own love.

"I can, too." She admitted, in much relief.

She reached to grip both his hands in silent thanks.

Sarek gave her hands a tight squeeze, in turn.

As they parted, Nyota resolved that when she had her darling pookie bear in her arms again, she would never, ever let him go, again!

A sudden thought struck her, and she smiled.

She had a picture of them on a locket of silver around her neck. But she'd just thought of the perfect inscription to add to it!

[face_dancing]

++++

[face_love] !!! This lovely declaration is in my siggy at this particular moment, from Luke to Mara, whom it also fits right down to the ground. :D

Hugs!!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Super-duper extra gooey and precious update showing that Sarek cares deeply for Nyota as much as she cares for her "Spock". [:D]@};-

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    Great moment with Sarek and Nyota, :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Back from my trip and read the two pieces.
    With the little girl was sweet and just like kids are reacting. Sweet comments from Uhura.
    And the one with Sarek was touching

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    What a lovely, touching moment that was! [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Audrey's Decision

She smiled. Only Jim would and could pilot through a minefield of all things and take personal and professional joy in the accomplishment. He was so like the brash farmboy-turned-Jedi Luke Skywalker. ;) =P~ Right down to the heart of boundless golden light and to the words that charmed and melted a lady with such consummate ease.

When she saw him in a huddle with Nyota in deep conversation, she wondered, sensing strong anticipation from him and delight from Nyota.

When he proposed to her over candles and a dessert of white chocolate mousse, she knew what their talk had been about.

"I had to get her input on style, etc." He grinned. "And, frankly, her opinion as to whether you'd accept."

"Was there ever any doubt?"

He laughed. "Should I give the conceited or humble answer?"

"You are an idiot."

He kissed her breathlessly.

"But you love me, anyway."

"So you say."

++++

[face_laugh]

Hazel RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan
    Mira_Jade

:)

RX_Sith likes this.
  24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Cute interaction between Kirk and Audrey who have their own unique lovely moments. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    These two are so much fun to read! [face_laugh]