main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Communicating & Connecting. For the FF Olympics. Ensemble Cast

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 13, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Next Event is Tennis Match-a 100+ word entry featuring dialogue only.

Setting: Christine and Nyota meet up for lunch.

Title: Catching Up

Words = 250.

--

“It’s great seeing you Nyota!”

“Me, too, Chris. I’m here for a seminar and I just couldn’t resist staying at the local B&B. How’s it going, balancing work and romance with Len?”

“Easier than I thought it would be. He and I went through so many strange permutations to get where we are. I had a crush on Spock, as you well know…”

“Hardly inexplicable, but yes. Then you dated Jim for a while…”

“Until just a bit before Audrey came along. A blessing for all concerned as it turned out.”

“Hmmm. Not that you and he would’ve been a walking disaster but he definitely found his best and only.”

“Last, true love. I totally agree. Then when Len decided to settle down in a smaller less hectic practice, I had a choice—to go the prestigious big professional move route or the more gratifying one. I’m so glad I did the latter. It’s so much less rushed. We feel embraced by the community, and our patients aren’t just blips on a datascreen blurring together.”

“Yeah, that wouldn’t suit either of your temperaments.”

“How is it-- doing the diplomatic thing? I know you don’t suffer fools lightly.”

“I am able to balance snark with tact—it’s a delicate one, but I manage.”

“If anyone’s up for that, it’s you.”

“So, what on this café’s menu do you recommend?”

“The scampi is excellent. Save room for the tiramisu, though…it’s delightful!”

“Thanks, I sure will. And I’ll start with a Caesar salad.”

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    Kahara, RX_Sith and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the girls talking about the men and their jobs
    Christine with Len is always fun to read about

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Nothing like two successful women getting together and enjoying their food along with the men that they love.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D That was fun. Nothing like catching up over food.

Event: AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

Title: The Second Time Around

Setting: Nyota and Spock’s initial careers took them in different directions, but now they are reunited.
    Word Count: 450.

-

As Communications Officer on board Excalibur, she had happily served under Captain Jayson Sommers. Her best friend, Sherralyn Walthrop, had also been amongst the crew, which was wonderful that they could continue their association as colleagues as well as very close friends.

At the present time, Nyota had recently ventured onto a new career path, cultural and linguistic resurgence of a civilization that had fractured and was trying to reestablish itself. What remnants had continued past the displacement and devastation? What things had to be rediscovered anew?

These were things that had fascinated her about ancient Earth civilizations as they rose and fell, victims of internal decline or external conquet.

Now, with the Vulcan colony and Academy past the earliest stages of revitilization yet still nascent in some ways, she was assigned to be amongst the incoming group of expert staff researchers.

Spock had decided to forgo a stint on the Enterprise, and so they had parted. Their paths diverfged, with a strong frisson of what-could-have-been. The feelings lingered but the circumstances they found themselves in precluded any choice but a wistful farewell…

Until today. There he was!

Nyota felt a happy tingle run up and down her spine as she approached the Academy’s main briefing room.

Nyota felt elated that she would be working closely with him. It was as if the intervening years had never been, melting away like dew at dawn.

She felt a sudden uncertain pang. What if he didn’t feel the same as she did at the mere sight of her?

She moved to greet him, trying to brace herself, keep a professional calm and cool that she did not quite feel.

“Nyota,” He murmured, his deep rich voice giving nothing away.

Neither, she realized with an inner sigh, did his usually expressive eyes.

“You have several data discs, I see. Do you wish me to carry some for you?” He asked courteously.

“Thank you,” She laughed lightly. “I didn’t know what to leave out for this morning’s briefing, so I brought more than I’ll probably need.”

“That is the sensible thing to do until you get acclimated,” He agreed.

He took some of her stack of datapads, and their hands briefly touched… and lingered.

Their eyes held for a breathless moment because Nyota felt it, an answering sense of serene contentment that she was there, that they would be working closely and have the chance to explore pursuing a relationship again. For Nyota had no doubts whatsoever that that was what she wanted above all else.

This time, Nyota vowed, she would not let the second chance for the two of them to slip away. She would grab hold for all it was worth.

Kahara, earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    They were parted but never fully parted and now they are together again.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    parted but never for ever. She has a second chance

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Event: Judges.

An outside POV on the character/couple of choice.

Title: One of Us

Setting: Following the prior event where Nyota joins the Academy on the Vulcan Colony. From Sarke's POV.

Words= 360.

Nyota Uhura joined our family seamlessly. She came to second and third meal with a vibrant warmth and intelligent, compelling conversation. I noticed that she invariably brought some side dish or dessert to contribute to the repast.

She was courteous and very gracious with me. I could tell she was glad to have renewed acquaintance with my son, whose disposition and demeanor was contented and serene as a result of her return. This did not escape my notice, and when I brought it up to him, he did not bother to demur.

My bondmate, T’Mai, welcomed Nyota with her consummate gentleness and openness.

During a conversation about how idioms came about, Nyota gave an example of one she always found amusing. “No one here but us chickens.” Her eyes laughed. “What is that supposed to mean?”

I nodded in agreement. “When I was new to my Ambassadorial role, I must admit I found idiomatic phrases very hard to parse.”

Spock chimed in: “Acronyms are also odd. GOAT, besides referring to livestock … I’ve heard it used in sports contexts.”

Nyota smiled radiantly. “That means greatest of all time. It refers to generational one of a kind talent. For such athletes, their numbers and jerseys are retired.”

Then she regaled us with examples of what she called ‘highlight plays.’
    As she concluded, I queried: “When you speak of jersey retirement…”

“Uniform jersey. I have one from back home. I’ll wear it next time.”

T’Mai then invited Nyota to join us for brunch.

She happily accepted.

When she arrived, her outfit sported a green and cream top with number 34 emblazoned across the front.

She leaned in to whisper something to Spock and his eyes glowed in response as her hand clasped his.

My curiosity was piqued, and as she caught my glance, she winked and said, “I told Spock I like those who give 100% and pour their soul into reaching for their dreams while bringing out the best in those around them. I feel like he has done that professionally and personally, with me, particularly.”

“On our brief acquaintance,” I replied, “I believe the same could be said of you.”

#34 is the number of two of my most favorite NBA players Hakeem Olajuwon and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

^:)^

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    Kahara, earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful work in integrating both sports and their playfulness with each other.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like the view on Nyota with all the sports refefences

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Event: Synchronized Swimming: Write a story between 230-500 words in length inspired by a song of your choice. Word count may include or exclude song lyrics at the author's discretion.
    Song: And I Love You So by Emi Fujita

Title: An Easy Choice

Pairing: Jim/Audrey

Words = 204

~

Audrey had always been sure of where her professional path was to lie. It was Intelligence/Security-solving puzzles.

In the realm of romance, it was never something she sought but if it came, she would be receptive to the idea.

When she gave thought to the kind of person that would be ideal for her, something with kindness, integrity, a sense of humor, strong principles.

Jim checked all those boxes, although some, many a sizable number, would say he was reckless to a fault. Yet, there was always a calculated rationale behind his seeming brashness. His gambles paid off frequently.

Best of all, his devotion and affection towards her were unwavering.

When she took time away, that seemed to put a large cloud of uncertainty in the way. Would she be able to return? What would their relationship be when/if that happened?

To her lasting gladness, it had been easy to resume their relationship. Their deep friendship and trust led them to have candid talks and reestablish their prior footing, even strengthen it. So, when it came time to decide what to do after the Enterprise tour concluded, Audrey had no hesitancy surrounding that her path lay with Jim whatever his choice was.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Happy for Audrey in her decision to be with Kirk.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Insightful view into Audrey and her love for Jim. They are there for each other

Congrats on finishing this delightful pentathlon with the beloved Star Trek characters

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.