main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    So glad I got his autograph and a photo with him at Celebration Orlando 2017. One was $200 and the other was $250 (I forget which exactly). Crazy to think what a different time that was when those were his prices.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I got his at that con too, I believe (on a print from C4 that was later used for the Shadows of Mindor cover). Thought it was pricey then, but that the piece was worth the autograph investment. Can't imagine spending that new amount for it now, though.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Pricing is crazy now.

4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Speaking of Mark Hamill, his birthday is today and he is 72.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Tickets went on sale at 10 am PST. I signed on at 10:17 and all 3 days of the bulky autographs were sold out ($700 each) The other 3 days of 8X10 photos $400 and 3 days of normal autographs $500 sold out by 10:30 am or earlier. All the photos ops were still available along with the tickets options to seeing him on Friday.

Edit. At 10:17 I was put in a waiting line with ~1400 people in front of me. It only took 3-4 min to get into the purchase screen

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    No little green walking man?

7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Yes, had the green walking man.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But he must have been running if you got through the queue so fast. ;)

Darkslayer and JonSB like this.
  9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Hello everyone, I just saw something about the remaining" crew members" from Star Trek that are still attending cons. Star Wars 50th is coming up, Mark Hamill "should" be there since there are a couple original members left, also, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels and George himself! there is no excuse for him not to be there! That is sad about Galactic Cruiser, even though the price was outrageous. it was a Star Wars themed attraction. RIP Galactic Cruiser.

10. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    We hope he may be there, but thats dependent on things like his health....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    On one hand, I would like to think that the 50th will make for one last big hurrah for the OT and the remaining cast members, including Hamill and Ford.

On the other hand, it's Disney Star Wars, and they'll likely utilize the 50th primarily to promote some new slate of Star Wars movies and TV shows, with the OT having very little presence.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think they gave us a good balance for the 40th in 2017.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But that was also very special since it was very much a memorial for Carrie. I agree though and the 40th anniversary panel is one of my favorite panels ever.

MotivateR5D4 and The2ndQuest like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Location will be a factor too. If that 50th Celebration isn't happening in Anaheim, some names will probably be less likely to appear than others (just because of ease of access to the LA area for entertainment industry performers, etc). If not for Carrie's passing, I don't think we would have gotten as many as we did for the 40th (though co-promotion for their appearances in the Sequel Trilogy helped) and 30th.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    2015-2017 was a different time compared to where Star Wars is today. The OT was still very relevant. At that time it had only been TFA and RO that had been released. With RO being a movie that tied directly into ANH. And with expectations that the ST was also going to largely be a continuation of the events of the OT. And of course it being the 40th anniversary in 2017.

Then it all went sideways from there, and has continued to move further and further away from anything resembling the OT and what made Star Wars what it is. I think the most recent Celebration really solidified that beyond a doubt. And with Japan to follow it up, and the slate of releases that are set to come out in the foreseeable future. By the time we get to 2027, I think it's very possible we won't get a whole lot of focus on the OT at Celebration. Even if it's billed as the supposed "50th Anniversary".

I think we might have already gotten the big OT Celebration at the 40th. And I'm very glad I attended it and saw the panel live.

I could be wrong though. And perhaps the 50th will be one last hurrah for all things OT. We'll just have to wait and see.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    These things are cyclical. Things have been calmer because the Empire and Jedi 40ths will always be smaller anniversaries than ANH's, and Rebels is coming up on its 10th being boosted by Ahsoka. In 3-4 years, you'll see more OT stuff cycle back in as we approach that ANH 50th anniversary.

Though I would fully expect there to be announcements tied to TCW's then-upcoming 20th ( ! ) anniversary around then as well, in addition to at least the first of the new movies. Which would balance out the slate, I imagine- TCW for the prequels, ANH 50th for the OT, NJO for the ST (and probably Mando/Ahsoka/Filoni movie deets for TV/NR).

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I also think that the 40th was the greatest panel that we will ever have, simply because I don't think we will see George Lucas, John Williams and Harrison Ford at an event like that again, simply put they are getting older. I don't mind that, and I am happy that I was there for the 40th anniversary (and the 30th but that was hardly anything special at all). I imagine that a 50th will probably be spearheaded by Hayden Christensen, since with his voice in TROS and appearance in Ahsoka Vader/Anakin is the only one present in all eras and he is a lot younger than the original cast.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    We probably won’t see Williams due simply to age, but O could definitely see George showing up for it. Especially if Filoni’s movie comes out that year.

19. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Received an email with a survey about Celebration Japan. Perhaps sign that the organizing process may be starting on their end. There was one question about interest in packages that included airfare and hotel, but I don’t see them actually implementing that. I don’t recall Celebration ever offering anything beyond hotel blocks and discounted Disney tickets.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm not sure I can see how they'd make flight packages work but it's interesting that they are asking about it. I think they know Japan is a big trip for a lot of people from the US and even Europe.

On the 50th I really feel that 2027 will be Anaheim. It's just the best venue overall and it's location means they have a better shot at the big names we'd all like to see for the 50th. I'm 50/50 on whether they do Orlando 2026 in between but my gut is absolutely Anaheim for 2027.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I personally feel it is highly unlikely they do one in 2026. Aren't there supposed to be films in 2025 and 2027? So not a lot to promote. Although if they do do one in 2026, that would make the 2027 one the 25th Celebration, which I could also see them jumping on. If there's one thing about these things, it's that their behavior is hard to predict!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Absolutely! You can never go off old patterns. And I have totally lost track of the film schedule at this point. I know there's dates staked out but until they come out and say this film is this date and something has started shooting I'm just not betting on anything

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's 100% going to be in Anaheim for 2027. The question is how much it is going to actually be for the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    100% there will be a major panel and a load of merch for the 50th. Outside of that I guess it depends on who is going (there were a lot less individual actor panels in London this year compared to previous years). Probably no more major panels but I like to think some of the BTS panels will be focused on the original.

MotivateR5D4 and Darkslayer like this.
  25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's sad to come in here with some dreadful news, but @LAJ_FETT , who was my backup here and always happy to keep a lock out on the forum, outside of being the tech admin for all the boards has passed away. More details are in this thread in comms. It says something on how long that she has been the foundation of the forum when I realize that the one time we met up for a lunch was during Celebration Europe in London back in 2007, and I think it was back in 2005 or so when I sent her an embroidered Boba Fett Christmas card.

JonSB and Darkslayer like this.