main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration UK Event

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jazzatola, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Hello!

So the official Star Wars UK twitter feed has announced a special Star Wars Celebration event at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square, London. They'll be streaming the Force Awakens panel hosted by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy. No ticket details have been announced as far as I can tell and the only way to get an invite seems to be via this competition:

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/competition/starwarscelebration

I'm sad that it's up to the luck of the draw. If I could buy tickets and share them with you all I would. I have a track record to uphold! ;)

2. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I just noticed, the competition closing date is 08 Apr 2015 11:59.

3. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I won a ticket! Leicester Square here I come! Almost 10 years since Celebration Day. It must be fate!

Anyone else get lucky?

4. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    I got tickets. Excited! Hope we get to see a new trailer [face_praying]

5. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Was the competition the only way to get tickets? It wasn't very well 'advertised' and im gutted I didnt get the chance to enter! Can you buy tickets?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could always try calling the cinema to ask or check their website to see if there's any info. (Or wander in if you live/work nearby).

7. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks to a facebook group I belong to and a very generous fan who had a spare +1, I'm now going to this. Very very excited [face_dancing]

8. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    It turns out that they're streaming the Ep7 panel on the official site for everyone so not such a big deal missing out on the cinema event after all.

9. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    True Jazzatola I've already bought my train ticket and am meeting up with my competition winner there. Should be a good vibe in the queue if fans do costume up for prizes aswell (I'm going standard Tee, Jeans, and retro kicks style haha!)

What do you think the exclusive collectables in the foyer area might be?

10. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
    I've got no idea what to expect really. I'm just wearing my ROTS t-shirt with jeans and not dressing up. I have an Obi-Wan costume that I bought for a party a year or two ago but to be honest I look more like Friar Tuck when I'm wearing it. So yeah, I'm keeping my expectations low so I can only be pleasantly surprised.

Also, the organisers have said that people can queue from 12pm until the doors open at 5pm. Seems like they're trying to generate hype for the event. It's an imax screen so I don't think there'll be any bad seats really. Not sure why you would have to get there hours before it opens?

Anyway, I'm going to leave work around 4pm and head on down.

KeithyT likes this.
  11. Jazzatola

Nov 16, 2001
  12. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Well I had a thoroughly fun aftenoon Jazzatola, did you see Warwick Davis selfie on the Star Wars UK twitter (i'm at the back of that one waving haha!).

We started queueing at about 4ish, and you were right there was no bad view of the screen, I thought they were mad encouraging people to queue from midday but I guess they want to stagger it and not have a mad rush at one time. Shame there was no merchandise for sale in the auditorium as promised (unless you spotted any?). The freebies were a nice touch though. Warwick was a great host, very funny.

and the piece de resistance of course was the panel and that new teaser trailer (twice!) wowsers!

13. Carrie1138

Jun 14, 2014
    I got to go on stage! Answered the question about Peter Cushing's slippers :D. What a fantastic evening. I'm still buzzing 24 hours later.

KeithyT likes this.
  14. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Well done, that bit was good fun with Warwick being very cheeky to everyone. What did you win Carrie1138 ?

15. Carrie1138

Jun 14, 2014
    I won a Dak action figure and four tickets for the Star Wars exhibit at Madame Tussauds! I was so terrified I wouldn't know the answer to the question, and so happy when I realised I did.

There's a video of the event on Facebook now, have you seen it? https://www.facebook.com/StarWars.UK/videos/vb.216676368377759/929946203717435/?type=2&theater

16. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Yes! Thanks Carrie1138 spotted myself a few times in that (especially the night vision parts!).

Excellent prizes too!

Carrie1138 likes this.