main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit STAR WARS: DAWN OF REBELLION – THE VISUAL GUIDE - Fall 2023

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DLCV, Mar 3, 2023.

1. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Any clues as to what this is about? The only dawn of rebellion I am familiar with is the rpg system and this doesn't seem to be connected to that.

Perhaps a visual guide to Andor, Bad Batch, and Rebels combined?

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Dawn of Rebellion? Hmm. Intriguing.

144 pages is a slimmer guide, consistent with the Rebels guides that came out back when the first and second seasons of the show were on. That might indicate a Bad Batch guide, though I wonder why they wouldn't just call it the "Bad Batch Visual Guide" in that case.

In any event, we shall see. New DK guides are always welcome.

Chrissonofpear2 likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How curious!

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Thought the same as soon as I saw the title.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Interesting. Pablo Hidalgo said on Twitter he's currently writing a book the other day....

7. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Apparently it is Andor and Kenobi. Can't believe I forgot about Kenobi earlier:

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9780744087345

Kind of a shame there is no Bad Batch or Fallen Order, but still cool, and I suppose it makes sense to focus on the live action stuff. Though what is really surprising is that they are doing Andor when there is still a second season on that, whereas they cancelled the Mando vd because that was ongoing.

...wonder what kind of "era name" they will have for the Mando and related shows period when they get around to making its visual dictionary.

8. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I think that's probably why; Andor S2 is already in production, so the story and details will be locked in by now. Whereas Mando is still expanding with no end in sight -- and Favreau is self-admitted to be making it up as he goes along -- so it's riskier to start nailing down details when it's nowhere near done.

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Good point.

10. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Good find @MercenaryAce . 144 pages seems far too short to cover all 18 episodes of both Obi-Wan and Andor S1 in the usual Visual Dictionary style, but anything is better than nothing I guess. Andor in particular will be fun to explore in this format.

Chrissonofpear2 and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Oh another book where DK can rerelease it yearly with 2 additional pages for years to come.. lol

lets hope this one has all the good stuff in it, even if brief and thin.

12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    The description mentions there will be some cross sections in this book, and it makes me wonder what the options are for that. Andor and Kenobi have some nice designs, but most appear only briefly and don't really seem like obvious candidates for the cross-section treatment, except for the Fondor Haulcraft of course.

(Personally I would love it if we got Leia's kiddnapper's ship, but I recognize that is possibly the least likely canidate.)

13. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Truth be told, I wish DK were releasing updated editions of some of their now-older books. The canon version of Complete Locations is over six years old now and is far enough behind the times that a volume 2 would be quite welcome, while Complete Vehicles and Ultimate Star Wars could both stand some updates. (I don't think we're going to see further editions of USW, though. That might have been a useful reference when new canon was still pretty lightweight; now that many hours of new live action and animation are also available to cover, the breadth of canon has probably exceeded what the USW format can reasonably cope with.)

MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I would prefer that they split them up into the separate movies format again since it would add quite a bit more in my opinion. And with so much being named and expanded on, even the Original Trilogy should get separate ones. Visual Guide style so as to save publishing two books. I liked the Rogue One/Solo/TROS format actually.

Ultimate Star Wars format though, should be divided into five separate books: Prequel era (TPM, AOTC, ROTS, CW, Bad Batch), Intermediate era (Cal Kestis games, Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Andor, Rebels, Rogue One), Original era (ANH, ESB, ROTJ), Second intermediate era (Battlefront II, The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Skeleton Crew, Ahsoka) and Sequel era (Resistance, TFA, TLJ, TROS). Optional for placing novel/comic characters into the inbetween.

15. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Today's "This Week in Star Wars" revealed the cover and confirmed the Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor content, as well as mentioning it would include material from "key Star Wars films with an emphasis on the early days of the Rebellion." Authors are Pablo Hidalgo and Emily Shkoukani.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Interesting. Looks like it's Rebellion-themed, which gives me hope for a Rise of the Empire follow-up that'll show us the other half of those two series.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  18. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    So many characters and assets getting names! That's the most important thing to me about this :D

19. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Pablo's name on a new Visual Guide is always good news. Looking forward to plenty of WEG references!

I've been thinking about the TWiSW reference to "key Star Wars films with an emphasis on the early days of the Rebellion," and I wonder if that's an indicator that this book will also cover Enfys Nest and the Cloud-Riders, possibly in greater depth than the Solo guide did?

20. AdmiralTrench'sWebShooter

AdmiralTrench'sWebShooter Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2020
    So, is this basically Kenobi + Andor Visual Dictionary? Or will it be more specific to the “Rebellion” theme? The “key Star Wars films” bit sounds like more Solo + Rogue One stuff to me, which would be nice.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, that would be cool.

Hmmm...probably not enough underworld material in those shows for a third one, but still I hope that material gets in there somewhere. I would particularly like a name for the ship that Leia's kidnappers used.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Some preview images from SDCC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some interesting things I notices:
    Clone Veteran from OWK is named Nax, an obscure clone trooper from the TCW movie novelization.
    Bail Organa was born as Bail Prestor before marrying Breha.
    Rampart's first name is Edmon.

Senpezeco, Ghost, QuinlanSolo and 8 others like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am absently hoping this is awesome. But, the Rebellion is not my hot-topic (post-Endor is) so we'll seeeeee.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  24. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I've been missing these. I got my first Star Wars Visual Dictionary before I got my second digit! Which shows specifically does this one cover?

25. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    The Bad Batch, Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

JediFett10 and Hamburger_Time like this.