main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode IV: Twilight of the Force: A Father’s Legacy - Game is now OVER!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 20, 2018.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Alderaan Orbit

The two TIE Interceptors were just turning to make their next attack run on Padme's transport, now piloted by Leia as Anakin felt. They realized how close he was, maybe they wondered if he was already in range ... anyway the realization of one of them was apparent in the force. A mental scream of panic, vanishing into the hollow nothingness as the pilot became one with the force.

With a precision eyes and hands could never give you the force allowed Anakin to hit both Interceptors with one well aimed volley. They exploded in balls of orange fire just as his own aft shields screamed the warning of imminent failure as a third bolt hit them.

It took Anakin not a second to push in his back thrusters and slide out of the fire line of his pursuing ships to the left. He opened fire as the two Tie Interceptors that had been meant for him passed by. It had all happened in a second or two, much too fast for a mind not enhanced by the power of the force to comprehend.

Obi-Wan almost had to smile as he saw Anakin out-maneuver four of the attackers. He had almost forgotten how good the boy had always been when he was in a cockpit.

With a sigh he pushed his shuttle hard left and felt the impact as his ship hit the Tie-Interceptor passing his left. Jedi shuttles were meant to withstand punishment and bring their passengers unharmed to their desired location. A lightly build imperial fighter barely scratched the armor. The fighter lost one of his panels though and hurled into the atmosphere in an uncontrolled angle.

Obi-Wan allowed the second fighter to pass without too much attention. The auto-gun failed to hit it, but that was expected. No, he reached out with the force and searched for ... there they were. A ship. Life. People. A big ship. His sensors showed nothing. Obi-Wan smiled and turned to the droid.

"Okay, hyperspace jump on 5.33, straight out of the system. I wanna jump straight through this point. Program and meet me at the escape pod." He reached out to his apprentice and gave him an image of what he had planned.

Anakin was hunting down the remaining two TIEs, less concentrating on a quick kill and more on keeping them away from the unshielded yacht. Then he suddenly felt ... saw ... sensed what Obi-Wan was about to do and he raised his brows. "That could be one of my plans you always called foolish."
    He almost had added a "Master". Obi-Wan smiled. "Yes, but they usually worked." He replied over comm and activated the countdown as he hurried to the escape pod and pushed the lever to be ejected.

"Leia, you gotta pick up Obi-Wan." Anakin conned his daughter. "He is about to eject from his shuttle."

The two TIEs were now far enough away and Anakin began chasing them with the orange laser-bundles. The force gave you an unfair advantage with this. Sensing, predicting the movement of your enemy made it incredibly hard to miss. They both exploded into orange pieces and Anakin turned quickly to take care of the final fighter ... and see the explosion.

The moment the pod ejected the hyperdrive powered up and made a micro-jump through the coordinates Obi-Wan had programmed. No security routine activated, no warning sound appeared. There was nothing in the way according to sensors. Because the ship Obi-Wan had send his shuttle into was cloaked.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Combined with a the Lawbreaker!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia on the Yacht

Leia deftly handled the evasive maneuvers and kept a light awareness of her father's actions through the Force, as he took care of the TIEs in almost a ridiculously easy fashion! Luke had his father's almost-automatic genius skill with piloting.

Leia gasped in surprise at her father's message about Obi-Wan needing a pickup. Kenobi was as daring and quick-witted as his erstwhile apprentice!

She then moved quickly to intercept. She keyed the access for Obi-Wan to enter the yacht's holding bay and went to greet Obi-Wan as he boarded.

@Lawbreaker \ @DarkLordoftheFins \ @Sinrebirth

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    The Depa Billaba, exiting hyperspace

Mater Windu hadn't been to this world since before the Clone Wars, since they'd found the Chosen One to begin with. There it loomed, big and green. The planet seemed so peaceful from orbit but the old Jedi could feel the turmoil. Master Yoda had, naturally, been right.

Master Vos, at the ship's controls, was the first to speak. "I dunno, Master Windu, I've got a feeling about this. And it's not a good one." Mace stood from the seat beside him and began his walk towards the rear of the ship. Outside the cabin, Master K'Kruhk dozed, hat over his eyes. Masters Saa and Yoda meditated along with the two Guardians of the Whills - one blind, one heavily armed to the point of absurdity - and a group of Rangers were cleaning up a card game after noticing reversion. Mace Windu cleared his throat, and projected the same energy into the Force. "I apologize for the change of plans. All the same: Master Vos will get us past Republic flight control and drop me close to the source of the disturbance on Naboo. You will then proceed immediately to Alderaan to contact Anakin Skywalker and Master Kenobi. This way, Ossus retains its full compliment of ships, and the stopover obscures our origin and protects Ossus from the Empire. This ship is...disposable."

"Don't worry, Master Windu," Vos called back, "I'll keep her safe for you."

Windu clenched his jaw for a moment before continuing. "When I discover the nature of the threat, I'll make my way to join you. I'm aware this is not the usual Jedi way, but..."

It was Master K'Kruhk who spoke up now, his low rumbling voice rising up from the depths. "You're going to need backup down there. I volunteer."

"You're needed on Alderaan."

"Then me?" It was Master Saa.

"I thought perhaps Master Yoda would accompany me. This was also, after a fashion, his idea." Windu smirked.

Vos' voice came again from the cockpit. "Transmitting codes."

They'd be landing soon.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade
    Palace on Naboo, Bedroom

Luke felt her presence a moment before he heard her voice and he felt ... excitement. Slowly he extended his hand and his lightsaber answered the call and snapped into his hand. The green blade hissed alive as he slowly turned.

"The Emperor must be desperate." He said and faced the young woman with the purple blade. "To send a single assassin."

He lay his head aside. She was young, to young to be a trained and fallen Jedi. No, she was just a half trained murderer. "I am glad my father isn't here. It would probably have been a short fight. Nothing but a diversion." While for him it was a challenge. For him it was a rite of passage.

Circulating his green saber he brought it in front of his body and nodded to the girl.

‘I am your age, Skywalker,’ a slight smile. ‘You’re unsurprisingly arrogant, for the son of a former Queen and the ‘Chosen One.’’

She paced to the left of Luke, her blade held low. Loose. She was not afraid of him; he was a job. A Jedi. A loose end.

‘I am the Emperor’s Shadow Hand. I was selected by Lord Sidious as a baby to join the Hands. Your father destroyed mine, for all intents and purposes. Had Sidious lived; I would have been so much more than just the Shadow Hand.’ Her voice was tinged with bitterness.

Luke stared at her for a moment. The long shadows of the Sith. But something stirred in him. The words of his father. The lure of the Dark Side. His father had warned him about him. He was not arrogant, he was eager to fight her. He was eager to kill her. That was not the Jedi way. Yet he was not a Jedi. It also wasn't his fathers way. He was the son of his father.

With a sigh he deactivated his lightsaber and gave her a sad smile. He had a sharper weapon than a plasma blade. He had the truth.

"No, you are mistaken. Darth Sidious had many tools and slaves, but only one chosen heir." He said. "My father."

He was ready to activate the blade again and defend himself. "It is not a lie. My father wears this truth like a scar. He was meant to be the future of the Sith. Not whoever you serve, not you."

He stepped back a little. "I can respect fighting my enemy. I can respect having to kill him and I can respect falling by his hands. Being born with my power is being born into a life of war." He shook his head. "But you are not my enemy. Just someone considered expandable enough to be send to try and kill me and someone fed lies to enslave." Luke nodded. "So, we can fight or I can tell you the truth. What I know about it." He looked at her. "Something tells me you deserve it."

Something also told him it would be a greater defeat to her Master than killing her.

‘Your father was a crude tool. You could throw him at a target and he would knock it over; the vagaries of strategy were beyond him.’ Mara Jade hissed, not deactivating her weapon. ‘I studied your father, studied his war record, his record as a Padawan, so I might better understand you, so I might tailor my strike to my foe.

A soft chortle. ‘But by your age your father had already done so much. Defeated terrorists; thwarted Sith cultists; led missions across the galaxy.’ She was ready - she had psyched up herself. ‘What has little Luke Skywalker done? Hid with his Mom in her Palace?’

Her words were, too, sharper, than her blade.

Luke nodded. It was a sympathetic nod. "Well, he was there. He was there. Was he? Where were you? When it ended? When the Dark Lord of the Sith was about to declare his successor, where were you? Next door? Same building? Where you even on the damned planet? You don't understand, do you?" He ignited his blade again and began to step towards her slowly. "What are you? What are any of you? What can you hope to achieve? Kill me? One boy hiding with his mum? Kill two? Or two million?" Luke smiled and with the force he grabbed the chair behind her hiding it, but not so much she would not sense it. "Why? Why kill a boy who has spend his life hiding with his mother?" He smiled at her. "You know why. Ignore the lie your ego tries to tell you right now. Dig deeper. Think. Understand." He brought his blade up. "Because there is something in me that your masters fear. It has been in my father, too. It is what your Master saw in him." Luke switched the lights of with a move of his hand and then the chair came flying. "True power." He said and deactivated his green blade. Once she turned to defend herself against the chair ... which he assumed she would ... he would ignite his blade right through her leg.

For some reason he feared killing her. Maybe because he wanted it a bit too much.

Tag: @Sinrebirth (with whom this was a combo)

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Grandmaster Yoda
    Naboo

The Billaba took time to reach Naboo, and as it did Yoda wrinkled his nose at the notion of coming with Mace. ‘A personal mission for you, an element to this. Necessary for you, it is, to see Skywalker. Not me. Alderaan is where I shall be needed.’

He prodded one of the two meditating with him. ‘Take Imwe and Malbus, you should. Guardians they are; protect your light, they will.’

‘The disturbance, concerns me, it does.’ Yoda frowned, and the Force stirred. ‘But the dark side obscures matters.’

Vos called out from the cockpit. ‘I’m not sensing anything untoward.’

A sniff from K’Kruhk. ‘Master Yoda knows the currents, Master Vos.’ Sure enough, as they arrived, an interrogation from the Palace, and from Captain Typho, rang out. The code allowed them passage, and Vos grinned, looking back.

‘Master Windu, we’re right above the Palace. I assumed that you wanted to drop in dramatically through the skylight?’ The side hatch opened, and Malbus shouted into the wind.

‘What about us?’

‘I’ll put you down where Captain Typho asked be too. I gather the Queen is coming to greet you.’

‘Brilliant,’ muttered Malbus.

Imwe frowned, a willowy limb extending. ‘There are men with evil intents atop the Palace...’ Sure enough, a man in black was evident on balcony, with a quartet of black armoured Darktroopers. He say on the balcony edge, hands linked, brooding darkly as he stared at them. The man’s countenance suddenly filled the Force with darkness, and he stood, stiffly, slowly, surely.

[​IMG]

A small Imperial transport de-cloaked, and Vos hissed as he spun the shuttle away briefly, tucking over and under to reach the balcony. ‘You’re up, Master Windu. I expected maybe a lone assassin, not a team.’

[​IMG]

Master Saa shook her head. ‘Always two there are...’

‘A Hand, and an Inquisitor,’ K’Kruhk echoed ruefully. The Ysanna Padawan’s among them tensed, and the Rangers began passing out emergency instructions.

Vos veered close to the balcony and Imwe leapt forward, landing and ducking the crimson lightsaber as it swung. He tucked his staff forward, deflected a rifle upwards so the bolt flew away from the hold, and Malbus swore, heavily leaping and rolling to the balcony. Two of the Darktroopers abruptly turned away from the above battle and blew in the windows - to a bedroom?

The Dark Jedi adopted a stiff expression as he turned to reflect bolts, he was clad in black almost entirely, save for his pale face, going through the motions as his eyes sought the Jedi. Yoda muttered. ‘The technique of Vo’ren Faalo, this one knows, Master Windu.’

Vos cut across.

‘Go!’

The Billaba swung away, the Imperial ship in hot pursuit.

Mara Jade stalked around Luke Skywalker. She was no infant to the Force, and so lazily allowed him to tug at the chair. Her green hours narrowed as Skywalker pontificated. It had occurred to her more than once that sending herself and Brandl to kill the son of the Chosen One was a risk, and not for anyone else - just her. But power was just that; nothing more.

Her senses drew, keenly, reading to leap the chair and carry its momentum forward at Luke with a push of her own when the upper levels became full of movement. Power was projected into the Force as Brandl released the concealment of the rest of his team, and Mara hissed.

Wait, she had caught something from Luke - some, malice? Then the windows to his room blew inwards and two Darktroopers rappelled down, opening fire with blaster rifles. Mara gestured her hand, reaching for his lightsaber hilt and forgetting the chair, which knocked her over with a snarl.

Sweeping it apart with a slash as she came back to her feet, she paid no heed to the troopers save for to keep her blade between her and Luke for the inevitable deflection at her, and with her free hand hurled his bed at him.

The fight was on; they had moments before Naboo Security was on them. What in the Nine Corellian Hells was Brandl doing?

Aboard the Aurora, in orbit above Coruscant - with part supplied by QueenSabe7

Qi’ra paced softly, not because of nerves but rather to stretch her legs; it had been a long and tedious journey. She understood the necessity of it and while arriving sooner would have only given her more opportunity to prepare and sort through the gathered intel from her many hidden eyes, she would just have to make the most of the lesser time she had.

After all, she understood the payoff of being made to wait.

Dressed in a black satin tank with similarly colored trousers and boots, she moved to a nearby chaise to grab the blood-red suit jacket that had been placed there for her to wear. Pulling it on, she habitually touched the necklace and ring that was hidden beneath her top before moving to the outer room of her personal chambers. As the hidden panel door to her bedroom slid shut behind her, she eyed Arb who had been waiting for her. In turn, she had been waiting for the man they were to meet with shortly - she was rather looking forward to speaking with him.

‘Sentan Moor to see you, Lady Qi’ra,’ Arb announced a moment later, just as her expected guest appeared through the main door.

She eyed him while he revealed his face, previously shrouded in shadow beneath a hood. Sentan Moor was a valuable asset, even more so now considering the recent movements of the Empire and the proposed “peace talks”. As the very public assistant to Aryan Graul, the need to keep his identity secret was of the utmost importance, and the only way for any exchange of information was in person. The danger in doing so was carefully, and cautiously, ignored.

“Mr. Moor,” Qi’ra began, one brow raised curiously as she clasped her hands in front of her. “I expect you have news for me…”

Sentan bowed over his hand. ‘I do, my Lady.’

A datapad appeared. ‘The names of most of the Imperial Senators who will be heading to Alderaan for the peace talks; the Committee accounts, showing a payoff trough four shell companies to security at the Republic 500 to allow Aryan’s mistress to visit; the recordings of a proposal from the Nubian Chancellor to offer Nubia as the capital of the united government, which has yet to reach Aryan’s eyes.’

A quiver to his voice emerged as he spoke. He was afraid. Of course he was, in the circumstances. He had told a lie of omission, and would continue to do so. Lady Qi’ra was talented at figuring out his lies. She always had been.

It was why he was here.

The moment was interrupted by Arb. ‘We’re getting some interesting chatter around the Imperial District.’ He brought up a display showing an Imperial shuttle being fired upon by the Palace guns. In a short moment the shuttle erupted, but not before a single figure with a red lightsaber leapt free. Royal Stormtroopers converged on the man, and shot him down.

‘A new Order 66, but on the Dark Jedi?’ Arb wondered aloud.

Sentan nodded slowly. ‘We wondered how the Jedi and Dark Jedi would co-exist in a peace accord - I guess they forced the issue or Amedda struck first.’

A hologram cut across local channels. Emperor Amedda appeared, stooping somewhat as he held his staff of office in two hands, almost clinging to it. ”This is the Emperor. The Dark Jedi enforcers known as the Hands and Inquisitors have attempted to seize control of the Empire. High Inquisitor Jerec, Supreme Prophet Kadann and Emperor’s Hand Cronal have been killed after an attempt on my life. Other Dark Jedi are on the run, and should be considered highly dangerous.”

An alarm echoed out. ‘We’ve action near here, an Inquisitors TIE under attack by two Strikers.’ An image showed the TIE Advanced v1, the latest TIE to come out of Seinar. ‘The other yachts and Skyhook’s are detaching from their moors and moving off. We could assist, or move off as well.’

[​IMG]

Sentan drew himself up. ‘I should get back to Aryan. The peace accords are going to be damaged by this coup attempt. The Senate may renege if we’re not careful.’ He bit his lip. ‘I was going to tell Aryan that I was reviewing applicants to be aides, but I’ll need someone to corroborate that, in the circumstances. Is there any woman you trust in your organisation on short notice? Aryan is always a sucker for a pretty lady.’ His eyes found Qi’ra and then he lowered them. ‘Especially a red head.’

‘I should shoot you just for that, making our Lady into mere eye candy.’ Arb drew his blaster, pointed it. ‘What do you know?’

Sentan paused, and it was evident that there were a dozen answers he could give. ‘Cronal asked me to accept an applicant as a personal favour to him - I could hardly say no.’

‘What was her name?’

Elan Colla.

Back in 500 Republica, said woman had just now handed to Aryan the call from his wife. She also allowed her hand to linger on his, her skin warm on his. Elan was even lovelier up-close, but she faded away and returned to her work.

Lyzia‘s image became certain after a moment. She was flushed, that much was evident by the image, but focused. ‘Aryan, thanks for taking the call. Everything’s fine, work and all, but I know you’re busy. You’ve not been home for a few days with the Committee work and somebody,’ she said with an exaggerated, amused air, ‘wanted to speak to you.’ It managed to take the implied criticism that work was overtaking family life again.

Arek joined the hologram. ‘Hello, Dad,’ he said with a little, uncertain wave. Young for his age, Arek was just as prone to infantile moments as he was to sink into the brooding melancholy of teenagehood. He was lanky, but the likeness to Aryan was unmistakable, save for him having his mother’s eyes. ‘I just wondered if you thought you’d be free before you head off to Alderaan.’

With a soft firmness, Lyzia answered for Aryan; clearly Arek had deviated from his stated reason to call. ‘Dad is busy getting the Senate to agree to peace, Arek. That’s important. When it’s done we’ll be able to vacation on worlds like Chandrila and Naboo, like Dad and I used to when we were dating.’

‘I know, but -‘

‘But it’s down to his schedule, and what Dad and Sentan can work out with the Emperor and the Chancellor.’ She turned an eye to Aryan. ‘Though if the peace talks drag I would not object to meeting Dad on Alderaan. It’s been years since we last went. Dad was posted there before the Clone Wars, back when we were closer to your age, remember?’

‘Yeah, Mum, I remember what you told me,’ Arek‘s chin dipped. ‘I was mainly calling to thank you for my vocorder key, it’s really stellar, Dad. I’ll love learning new songs from them.’ That was a gift that Aryan would be unaware of, but Sentan often dipped into Aryan’s accessible private funds to buy things for his family, so as to free him up for work. Sentan’s private affairs had never really came up in conversation, save for to cause him to flush in embarrassment.

A noise outside the room however would rapidly gain Aryan’s attention. One of the aides was shouting, and there was a gruff bark of order. Lyzia looked concerned - ‘Aryan, what is that -‘

Suddenly the door blew in as someone dove through it - the pretty redhead from a moment ago. Blaster fire cut through the air and where Lyzia and Arek had been projected. The aide smashed through the table and cut the signal, the comlink flying into the air, rolling and grabbing a chair and throwing it at the red-armoured Stormtrooper emerging through the door. Just as abruptly the wall blew into the suite, upturning the various couches, throwing dust and smoke into the room, and allowing four troopers to draw a bead on the aide -

[​IMG]

But not before all four lost their heads to a hissing string of light, no, multiple strings - whip - a lightwhip. More voices rang out in the apartment. ‘Emperor’s Hand! You’re under arrest! Everyone get down!’

Elan stood in the centre of the ruined room, snarling. ‘No, you.’ She threw out her free hand and a sound of crashing consoles and furniture echoed, out of sight to any save for the person standing in the centre of the suite.

A tinny voice called out into the silence; the comlink, disconnected from the holoprojector but still active.

‘Aryan? Are you okay?’

‘Dad!’

—-
    Alderaan

The shock of the shuttle smashing into the cruiser blew out the cloaking shield, which would have been redundant anyway what with the debris falling into space. ISB Officer Blaise snarled.

‘Guns! Shields up!’

The one hundred and fifty metre cruiser became very apparent, and began to fill local space with fire. ‘Focus on the yacht! It’s what Skywalker will be protecting!’

Weapons began to orient towards Leia, Padme and Obi-Wan.

Panaka opened a channel to her husband and Alderaan, and Padme spoke to the planet. ‘Palace Control, where are your orbital defenders?’

‘This is the Sanctuary spaceport - the capital is under jamming. We think there is an attack on the Royal family on-going, to coincide with your arrival -‘

‘Sir! Incoming hyperspace disturbance!’

An Imperial Star Destroyer arrived; angled entirely incorrectly to the cruiser but instead focused on the planet, though the skirmish had carried them closer to Aldera, the capital city. The capital ship opened a hailing channel to Leia, missing the smaller fighter carrying Anakin. But the pennant code for the Destroyer was clearly broadcasted.

It was the Devastator; the Imperial flagship. A squadron of TIE Interceptors burst free from the hangar, angling for them.

‘We’re raising shields in ten seconds, with or without royal approval,’ Control snapped. There was no question of the yacht making for the planet by then, but Anakin’s X-Wing might. Something rippled in the Force; a darksider in the Palace.

Within the said Palace, Bail handed her a small blaster from his boot. ‘Fire when they track me.’ Without giving her another choice, he grabbed one of the datapads and cocked his arm back, jumping up as he threw it at the troopers. The ‘pad was shot out of the air but Bail threw himself forward, skidding across the floor as the troopers tracked him with fire, the Prince Consort coming up behind one of the over-sized potted plants and cowering.

At least two Darktroopers were firing at Bail, which left two either guarding the rear or... what? Feyna had the moment to be decisive, or lose everything.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarkLordoftheFins, @JediMasterAnne, @HanSolo29, @Lawbreaker. @BobaMatt, @QueenSabe7
    —-
    IC: Captain Drusan
    Mimban orbit, a few days ago

What a disaster. The Chimaera’s engines were fully repaired but his turbolaser assault had not just blown up the corvette but also a tenth of the Imperial forces on the ground. General Covell was livid, but his command crew seemed to be being surgically targeted so he was busy staying alive. The corvette had managed to drop off all manner of supplies and then a shuttle had exploded, blowing a chunk in the frontline which the Coway were exploiting.

Drusan took a deep breath. ‘We’re going on. We’ll have to risk the engagement proper, and any ground-based batteries.’ In a particularly embarrassing moment a year ago the Coway had downed a Venator and the Empire had been forced to pull its capital ships out of low orbit. But that had been a glorified carrier - this was an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. It could shrug off some ground fire. ‘All shields focused on the ventral.’ There, that would ensure he was particularly defended.

As such, within minutes there would be a mile-long battleship pressing through cloud cover, ready to force the Coway back to their defensible positions. Little did the Imperials know that they had a more technological city underground, which was dead centre to the besieged area.

Realities were, however, that the Coway had supplies to get to the sole turbolaser battery they had powerful enough to drive the Destroyer away - supplies which were now mired in the mess of an outbreak attempt and a war in earnest. All of this drama would play out independently of the majority of the surviving smuggler crews, save for two, who were in the middle of a rapidly collapsing encirclement ring.

One was the crew of the Osik, which was suddenly Ka’rta negotiating with the leading Triumvirs. They clicked among themselves and returned to the discussion. ‘You need only deliver our warriors. We expect there is a single infidel - a Black Sun agent known as Rouser. He will be forced to settle outside the Cave of the Beloved Mother, but we know another way to the Temple of Pomojema - the Way of the God of Death. You may deliver our warriors there. They will take several days to make the journey, but so too will the heretic.’

One spoke; the others were silent, before the second spoke up. ‘The Heart of Kaiburr must not leave Mimban. The Father will be displeased, and Canu will not stand before the Father.’

Ven chimed in, across the open link. ‘We need to go. The Destroyer is pushing for low orbit. It’ll be here in under half an hour.’

The Coway speakers chattered, and named a price - as much as she was being paid for the original mission, the extra share she had haggled for, and the secret extra share of one of her comrades - all combined. ‘The Heart is that important, Sky-Walker.

A smothered snort; Ven. ‘Do you accept,’ pressed the Coway.

The second party within the rapidly collapsing ring of death was Zey and Madelyn. Zey had agreed with his Padawan, who naturally began issuing orders to the slave fighters and to the Coway. The one who had spoken to Zey grinned. ‘Smart girl, dat one.’

Zey had grabbed Madelyn with the Force and dragged her away, triggering the self-destruct with a push. Debris blew apart the Imperial-Coway line, and the Walker tipped into the sudden hole before it, vanishing into the crater.

FirstFist, the Coway speaker, pointed his spear at a Stormtrooper, and an energy bolt stabbed out and through the mans neck. He gave them a carnivorous look. ‘Savages, we may be, but technology, we understand. War, too.’

‘Come, come, the Triumvirs will want you to come.’

A few moments of rushing through mud and dodging fire which was never aimed at them but nearly caught them in a crossfire and they were at a freighter - one of the Mandalorian’s was evident at the top of the ramp.

They interrupted what seemed to be a plea from three skull-wearing Coway, who were appealing to as woman. FirstFist spat something in their native language, and the Triumvirs wheeled on Zey and Linnett, jabbering and then just as quickly turning back to the woman. ‘Sky-Walker, we would consider it part of our fee that you take these two representatives from the Pyke syndicate. They intend to offer us counsel on war, but we require them to prove themselves by defending the sanctity of the Temple from this Black Sun thief.’

Zey went to speak, but just as suddenly put his finger to his lips to remind Madelyn of her place. Blasterfire was beginning to become louder behind them, and sure enough Mudtroopers were coming into range, taking advantage of the chaos to advance into the Coway lines. There were nine, no, thirteen, all dropping into the mud and vanishing into it as part of cover, obscuring their true numbers. The six warriors - including FirstFist - began returning fire with their energy lances. Zey nodded to Madelyn to assist, and stepped in. ‘Sky-Walker, I would be grateful if you would accept us so we may prove ourselves to the Coway.’

Ven was pretty quiet, considering that they were getting entangled in a fight between the Pyke’s and Black Sun. But it was just a drop-off. What could go wrong?

Then the clanking sounded out; the smog parted for a moment to reveal the AT-ST walker that Zey had thought destroyed in the crater their shuttle had left. ‘Linnet!’ He shouted, pouring into the Force two words.

No lightsabers!

Outside the ring of death was the aforementioned Rouser, who indeed was about to find the entrance - the aforementioned Cave of the Beloved Mother. The mountain entrance was visible with a decent sensor, and an archaeologist had all manner of ground-based sensors to hand. The Imperials may have missed it, but the fact that the Coway had not even risked it was a large enough statement of how important this was to them.

Rouser had, likely, hit pay-dirt. However, his sensors would tell him that it was a matter of days travel into the cave to reach a wider location within the mountain. He would have to provision himself, and go to lengths to hide his yacht in the surrounding forestry. There were plenty of natural gaps in the foliage, but a yacht was still a yacht. Whether Rouser had any tricks up his proverbial sleeves was another thing.

However, these considerations were about to become relevant to the Millennium Falcon. A light dutifully told Chewbacca that the hyperdrive had shutdown. It also announced this face with a coruscating line of electricity rippling across the relevant console; some kind of feedback loop. Smoke, and not the ‘well this is relatively normal’ kind flooded the rear corridors to the ship, and the Wookiee cut power to the relevant parts of the YT-1300 with swift aplomb.

Sensors also let them know of the impending arrival of the Chimaera, which would be on them in a matter of minutes. They knew, from personal experience, that there were very, very, very few spots on Mimban which were not swamp or a mud-hell. And being as most of the planet had been torn by this Force-forsaken war, much of it was covered by the Empire.

Chewbacca echoed annoyance with the Falcon. They could not hold orbit for too long, and they were either opting to head back into the Ring of Death with a Star Destroyer on its way, or following Rouser. Who had seemed a nice enough sort but he was likely as deep with the Five Families as they themselves. Which one? They were Hutt liaisons. Crimson Dawn was not on their side, and if the Pyke’s recognised them as the ones who wrecked Kessel nearly a decade ago... not that Black Sun or Crymorah were any better.

The Wookiee had just confirmed that the Black Sun reps had not made it to ground, the Crymorah one had been lost in orbit, and most of the Pyke’s, though the Pyke’s had managed their supply run, and so, too, had the Mandalorians reached the surface. Roughly half of the group had made it past the blockade. But now what to do?

Chewbacca nearly had his hand on the comm to reach out for Pascale, when he threw a quizzical look back at Han. Well?

This was in the middle of another drama, but bereft of witnesses. While Horus responded, artfully so, to destroy the droid, the door to the cabin opened and the two Darktroopers strode in. The Hand stepped over, growling. ‘How dare you interrupt -‘

Sheyvan said nothing more as the troopers shot him. They turned their guns towards the Inquisitor, but Jerec was busy with somebody offscreen. ‘What do you mean? I did as you ordered -‘

His lightsaber ignited but a red beam caught him cleanly through the forehead. The channel cut as Jerec dropped to the floor. Behind the two troopers Horus would spy a pair of red Royal Guards, their phrik pikes ready. A purge, now?

[​IMG]

Or, rather, a purge, starting outward and working inward to Coruscant, began days before in secret?

En route

Volta rolled her eyes. ‘I knew he wouldn’t fall for it.’ She hefted her rifle and shot an IG droid clear through the neck, removing its head. She was already drawing a bead on the second bodyguard before the armoured Dark Jedi ignited her yellow blade and moved forward, intending to run her blade through the first distracted droid. Volta’s second shot crossed over the Saarai-Kaar’s location but through training, timing and the Force, the blow arced by her neck with no harm caused.

Baron Cirvan gestured with the Force, intending to drive back Greivous while his comrades handled the bodyguards. Then, they would use their numbers to overwhelm the General. Another bolt shot out the door controls; they were trapped within.

A mere second had passed in the fight.

Separatist Space

Nute Gunray fiddled with the controls to the transmitter, sweating. A moment passed, and the blue image swam into focus, the Neimodian serving a cowled man again.

‘My Lord. The General is en route to Mimban as you requested.’

The Dark Man smiled, a grimace of a grin.

‘Goooood.’

TAG: @galactic_vagabond422, @RachelTyrell, @Jerjerrod Lennox, @MASTER Vo’Un’Var, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/b][/b]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Mimban

Ka'rta's brow quirked hearing the three beings speak before her, talking amongst themselves with a clicking language. The sounds of battle seemed to be coming closer and closer but, she didn't seem to worry about it. There was still some time.

"You need only deliver our warriors." One of the three spoke drawing a breath of relief from the mercenary, she was already getting paid handsomely but, any extra work she can avoid would be just fine with her. Though she wouldn't say no to a little more to accompany the warriors though that seemed like something of an affront. She was aruetii (Outsider) to them. "We expect there is a single infidel - a Black Sun agent known as Rouser. He will be forced to settle outside the Cave of the Beloved Mother, but we know another way to the Temple of Pomojema - the Way of the God of Death. You may deliver our warriors there. They will take several days to make the journey, but so too will the heretic." Ka'rta rolled her eyes a little, she might have been all for avoiding work she didn't have to do but, waiting for days while someone else made their way through some Way of the God of Death. That sounded boring, and she doesn't do boring too often.

"The Heart of Kaiburr must not leave Mimban. The Father will be displeased, and Canu will not stand before the Father." There was that name again Canu, was that one of the beings before her, one of the three leaders chittering among themselves? Either way they made their mission goals clear, don't let the 'Heart of Kaiburr', whatever that was, leave the planet. When she had some time she might try and look up what she could about this Rouser working for the Black Sun. Might be needed if she has to hunt him down to recover the Heart.

"We need to go. The Destroyer is pushing for low orbit. It’ll be here in under half an hour." Ven unhelpfully stated from the top of the boarding ramp. Ka'rta turned hushing him, she hadn't heard what she needed to yet, how much she was getting paid to do this little run.

They mention their price and her eyes go a little wide, her heart nearly skipping a beat. A pleased smile like a tooka that had gotten the cream bloomed across her lips. This was going to be very profitable.

"The Heart is that important, Sky-Walker. There was a snort behind her Ven, either surprised or disgusted she didn't care. "Do you accept,"

"Yes," she said with only a little hesitation. This was all adding up rather well, though something Owen had taught her, when things were going well, that was when you should worry. "Now get on…" she was stopped by another warrior approaching with two other mercs in tow. The sounds of battle came closer and closer it seemed to be following the group.

"Sky-Walker, we would consider it part of our fee that you take these two representatives from the Pyke syndicate. They intend to offer us counsel on war, but we require them to prove themselves by defending the sanctity of the Temple from this Black Sun thief."

Ka'rta looked to the pair, an older man and younger woman by the look of them. She didn't have much time to size them up as the empire moved in. A squad of Mud Troopers came into range dropping into the muck for cover and to conceal their numbers. With a flourish she drew her pistols laying down covering fire in a way only paired mandalorian pistols could sending a barrage of golden energy toward the suspected position of the troops.

"Sky-Walker," The older man spoke up over the din of combat. "I would be grateful if you would accept us so we may prove ourselves to the Coway."

"I'm not a Sky-Walker." she hissed continuing to alternate fire with her two pistols. She was about to introduce herself when the mechanical clanking reached her ears, through the smoke choked air she saw the outline of an AT-ST.

"Osik," she muttered.

"Linnet!" The older man called out looking to his younger counterpart. Ka'rta quickly filed that name away for later. In the meantime she had a plan.

"Ven, cover me." she called out lowering her rangefinder and zeroing on the AT-ST in the distance. She knelt down lowering her shoulders and angling the concussion missile on her back. A stray bolt caught her in the shoulder hitting her armor and glancing off. It left a bruise but, nothing that would bother the mandalorian for the moment. With a quick snapshot she returned fire to the location the shot came from. A few moments later she released the warhead sending it flying towards its target the bipedal war machine that was closing in on her. It might not destroy it but, it might buy them some time to get out.

"Get on we're leaving!" she shouted to the group gathered before her, her pistols chirping away at the troopers keeping their heads down while she backed up the ramp, hoping she car get out of here before fire from the heavens turn this ground into glass, or at the very least, dried mud.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Palace on Naboo, Bedroom

Luke rolled aside and the bed hit his shoulder ... the pain spread and made him gasp. But he had at least avoided being hit with full force. The pain made him angry though. It made him concentrated also. It helped him focus. A strange feeling.

His lightsaber deflected the first series of shots from the Dark Troopers. He dodged another few.

Life and death it was. He considered fleeing for a second, but the two Dark Troopers could be turned against her if he played it right and this dark urge to end this woman returned.

With a force-accelerated leap he jumped over her to get her between him and the two bulky droids. If they kept on firing they would be as much her problem as his. Being machines he assumed they would keep shooting at least until their tactical programming had analysed the situation. So she would have to deflect.

This was the moment he would attack, going straight for her lightsaber arm and covering her in an angry series of attacks, until the droids adjusted their angle. If he was lucky she would be no longer part of this fight by then.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Mimban

Madelyn looked over the debris she had sheltered behind before she felt herself get forcefully pulled back, she stumbled a bit in the mud and soon found herself next to Master Zey just as the front line exploded before them. I sure hope that knocked that walker out. Madelyn thought to herself as she turned to look up at her Master. "Thank you." She told him before her attention was drawn away by a woman walking down the ramp towards them.

A Mandalorian.

Madelyn grinned. "That's a real Mandalorian." She said quietly as she watched her destroy the walker, her thoughts briefly interrupted by her Master's voice. No lightsabers. But as disappointed as she was in being unable to use her lightsaber, she couldn't get over how quickly the Mandalorian had taken down the walker. Just like the holovids about Tarre Vizsla.

As she moved forward Madelyn once again grabbed the two slaves and shoved them on the ramp the Mandalorian indicated. "We have to go." She ordered and gently shoved them aboard. Madelyn turned towards Master Zey and nodded at him and she climbed up, watching the Mudtroopers come closer.

"Hurry." Madelyn felt her voice rise. "Before they get reinforcements."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 @RachelTyrell @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Master Vo'Un'Var @Kaleesh-Cyborg

9. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Millennium Falcon

Han sighed. The ship would not be able to make a quick escape. They needed to do repairs. Maybe even depend on the back-up system. What made things worse was the arrival of the imperial command ship. A Star Destroyer made things much more complicated.

"Okay, there must be caves or at least a cliff we can hide in until we got the repairs done. Shut down all systems not relevant and take the oxygen out of the machine room." Han began scanning the area for anything that look large enough to hide the Falcon in it and slowly turned back to the fleeing Fortuna. It was just a feeling, but the other pilot seemed to have some sort of plan. Maybe that included a good hiding spot for ships.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Sinrebirth

10. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Pascale Rouser

Pascale could relax. Well for now at least.

After learning of the freighter pilot’s name he continued on making sure that no-one was now following him.

He was now close to his destination, he could feel it. One of the improvements he had made to the Fortuna was an advanced sensor suite enabling him to conduct scans that normal pilots would love to have. Being an archaeologist meant that you had to always have the best tools in the trade, and Pascale had made sure his ship received those tools, in part.

He conducted a quick sweep, no-one around so far and there was an entrance into the mountain itself which hopefully led into the temple itself. The sensors confirmed it did but there was bad news attached….

Days! Well at least I will get a head start……

Hopefully thanks to his knowledge he would be able to avoid any traps or nasty surprises in the cave or the temple itself. With a Kyber crystal inside they would not just leave it unguarded without something or somebody to protect it.

He would need to com prepared, food water some tools and probably weapons just in case. Pascale only used his weapons when he needed to he mostly relied on his brain and smooth talking to try to defuse problems. It was much more civilized in his opinion. He didn't know how big the crystal itself would be but you had to plan for every eventuality.

Now it was time to try and land his bird in the forests surrounding the mountain itself.

The first thing he would need to do is a big enough gap to land her in, the second that there as dense enough foliage to hide her in. The gray would not be problem it was the white markings that would give her away. He didn't have any adaptive camouflage nor a camo net but he would have to park it, activate the countermeasures and hope his ship was still there when he got back.

Shame there wasn't a big enough cave to hide her in.

He settled for a gap that he could just about fit in settling her down and hoping for the best from the tree cover.

He stretched his arms over his head and rose from the pilots seat glad to be finally up and moving again. He trotted to his quarters and swiftly got changed out of his white suit and Panama style hat into what he liked to call his “safari gear”. Light brown short sleeved shirt and trousers with dark brown boots and belt. He then grabbed a bag and started stocking up, food, water bottles, a bed roll just in case he found a good place to catch a quick nap and finally a laser cutter and other tools just in case he had to either cut the crystal or dig it out.

Finally it was the weapons, vibroblades in both boots, blaster tucked in the back of his trousers and a couple of thermal detonators, just in case things got nasty.

He decided before he left for the trek to the temple to check his sensors to see what was going on with the battle. It didn't look good and the Millennium Falcon was about to get stuck in it.

Time for a bit of gentlemanly conduct.

Fortuna to Falcon. I’ve hopefully found a good hiding spot and there might be some handy spots for you to hide in if you want to get away from all that noise. Call it professional courtesy as thanks for your assistance”

He shut off the comm and made sure the ship was mostly powered down, he shouldered his pack and on the way out he activated the yachts anti-theft and anti-sabotage systems. These cost a fair chunk of money and Pascale hoped they did what they said on the tin. Pascale’s chrono was also linked to the systems so if anyone came within a few feet of the ship Pascale would be warned.

He made his way to the entrance of the cave tooka deep breath and blew it out.

Eyes on the prize Rouser.

He focused his blue eyes on the cave and started on his way.

TAG: @RachelTyrell , @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Alderaan Orbit

Anakin turned his ship around and went to maximum speed. He wanted to get below the shield with his family.

In his younger days he would have turned against the attacker, but the longing for retribution was pointless and he was beyond it now. The cloaking device was gone. They could leave the rest to others. Safety was below the shield and there he would get Padme, Leia and Master Kenobi.

"Got Kenobi? Leia get the ship below the shield and don't land until we have cleared the area." She would probably sense the presence of the Dark Jedi, too.

Ready to break off his flight if the shield came up to early he reached out to Obi-Wan to keep him posted. Whoever the Dark Jedi was, he was confident his old Master could handle him. But he would feel better if he was with his family anyway.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

ooc: Anakin's ship is not an X-Wing, actually. The Twin Sun is a modified HWK-290 Light Freighter.

12. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Millennium Falcon

Han smiled, as the man delivered just what he was looking for. "Thanks Rouser, just what we need." He corrected course and turned to Chewie.

"No need to risk our cover. Tell our contact pick up is gonna change. Time and place. Don't tell 'em where. We are gonna let them know later. We need to get the Falcon flying again before we invite strangers to pick up loads of guns."

As gently as possible he set down the Falcon in the cave and scanned the surrounding for anything unusual. Once he was sure he got no surprises around he ran a full diagnostic to get a damage report. They probably had a lot of work to do. He would begin by checking the smoking panel. Something had clearly shorted out there.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Sinrebirth

13. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Royal Yacht, Alderaan System

Obi-Wan quickly abandoned the escape pod once he was inside the Royal Yacht and made his way towards the cockpit to meet Padme and Leia. There was a ripple in the force from down below. A disturbance. A user of the Dark Side of the force was present.

He just entered the cockpit, when several calls came in. Anakin ordered them to not land. A smart move, considering the situation down there was still unclear. There was also some security officer talking about an attack on the royal family. Two royal families under attack on one day.

Through the force he also felt the arrival of a much bigger ship, the numerous lifeforms clearly present in the force. Through the window he saw the Devastator. The Imperial flagship had arrived and was executing it's attack mode. Fighters were spitted out of it's hangar bay. Once the shield was up the ship would be irrelevant. The forces down on the planet were the true problem for now.

Obi-Wan nodded to Padme and stepped next to Leia. "Thanks for the pick up. We should try to get under the shield before it goes up." He calmly said and folded his arms.

He did not jump to conclusions. Something was clearly wrong. One battleship arrived, after the attack. Why only one? Why only six fighters to attack them? The Empire had probably underestimated their abilities, but it was also possible someone within the Empire was sabotaging the peace talks. He imagined many had something to loose if the conflict ended.

No further words were necessary, so he did not say anything.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @DarkLordoftheFins, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

14. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Royal Palace, Aldera, Alderaan

Feyna had been taught how to handle a blaster—at her father’s insistence; Breha hadn’t liked it, but given the galaxy’s tense political situation, she’d understood the necessity. But the princess had never actually had to shoot at a person before.

But she’d never been in a situation where someone was shooting at her father before, either. She barely had time to process what he had said before he was moving, and two of the Deathtroopers were firing at him as he dodged his way across the room.

Feyna didn’t know what the other two troopers were doing, but there wasn’t time for worrying about that. The two firing at Bail were the immediate threat, she had to deal with that first.

Taking advantage of the fact that they were distracted with her father—he’d taken cover behind a potted plant, but he couldn’t stay there for long—Feyna quickly fired at the Deathtroopers.

The first, she hit in the neck. But after that she lost the element of surprise. The second turned toward her as soon as his squad-mate was hit, and Feyna’s shot missed him by inches. She got off another, which grazed over his shoulder plate, before he began to return fire, forcing her back behind the table.

She crawled down to the far end of the table, away from where the trooper was concentrating his fire. Peeking out as little as she had to, she fired two more shots. One hit his side, the other impacted his helmet.

The first trooper’s blaster lay on the ground nearby, and before the remaining troopers got the idea to retrieve it, Feyna grabbed it. “Dad!” She sent the blaster skidding across the floor to where her father was still hunkered down, then started for the door. They couldn’t get pinned down in this room. They had to get out.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Private Senatorial Apartment, 500 Republica, Coruscant

In those first few seconds, the tension seemed to deplete all oxygen from the room, making it difficult to breathe. Despite a relaxed demeanor that conveyed a sense of calm across the live Holonet feed, Aryan remained restive as he waited for his wife to answer his inquiry. It was highly unusual for her to contact him directly in the midst of an important Senate alteration, and so he was naturally wary of her intentions – did something terrible happen at home that required his immediate attention, or did it pertain to his more…promiscuous activities?

Fortunately, Lyz did not keep him in suspense for very long; she quickly alleviated his fears with a simple greeting before devolving into the same banal dialogue that he had come to define as ‘marital bliss’. In this case, she made the implied accusation that he was spending far too much time at work and neglecting the needs of the family. Aryan visibly stiffened at this notion, his hand coming up to rub slowly along his jaw with rising indignation. She had called him out of a crucial meeting for this?

As Aryan parted his lips to protest, his son stepped into the display, his unexpected appearance tempering his anger before things could escalate further. A wide grin instantly spread over the Senator’s features, replacing the impassive exterior that had been in place only moments ago. Arek was young and impetuous; a typical seventeen-year-old who was eager to come into his own and find his calling in such a rich and expansive galaxy. The kid meant everything to him...but sometimes it was easy to lose sight of the important things, especially when more selfish ambitions got in the way.

That was why when Arek pressed him about his free time and asked whether they could meet before he left for Alderaan, Aryan froze, clearly taken aback by the bold comment. He felt somewhat responsible for even allowing things to reach this point, prompting his eyes to dart precipitously toward the desktop. Luckily, Lyz recognized the awkward gesture and quickly jumped in to carry the rest of the conversation.

Pursing his lips together, Aryan lifted his gaze marginally to meet hers and afforded a silent, thank you. For the moment, he was content to leave mother and son to hash out the situation, feeling it was only necessary for him to contribute once Arek turned his attention back to him and expressed appreciation for some electronic device he apparently sent him as a gift. No doubt it had been another offering provided by Sentan Moor. The man was notorious for dipping into his accessible funds and sending gifts to his family when things got particularly burdensome at work. It helped keep the peace.

“You’re welcome, kiddo,” Aryan beamed with an easy smile, never missing a beat. “I thought you might like--”

A commotion coming from the outer chamber of the suite stopped Aryan short and drew his gaze away from his wife and son. With furrowed brow, he planted his palms flat against the desk and began to rise to his feet in an attempt to get a better view of what was going on. The shouting intensified before the door to his study blew in with the force of someone’s forward momentum. A lone figure staggered into the room, and Aryan gaped when he recognized the intruder as the pretty redhead he had shared a quiet moment with only a short time ago.

His expression turned stern, but before he could berate the aide for barging in on him, she propelled herself forward and smashed into the desk, cutting the holo connection to his family and sending the comlink tumbling away from the display.

Aryan did not wait around to see what would happen next; years of military discipline took over as he instinctively threw himself to the floor and took cover just as a flurry of blaster bolts tore through the space he had recently occupied. An explosion rocked the suite a second later, taking down one of the far walls and granting access to a group of Imperial troopers. They immediately drew a bead on the woman and began to fire, identifying her as an Emperor’s Hand.

The Senator cursed at that revelation and exhaled heavily, coughing lightly on the dust accumulation that had tainted the air from the blast. It was obvious now what this was – she had purposely infiltrated his inner circle to get as close to him as possible...and he had been foolish to fall for it. Someone did not want the peace talks to succeed, and as the Committee Chairman, Aryan had become a prime target.

But was this a concentrated effort, or were more good people at risk?

Reaching into his jacket to retrieve his blaster from the hidden shoulder holster, Aryan knew what he had to do. While he had no real chance against a powerful Force user, he could make a difference by simply finding a way to escape and raising the alarm. Thankfully, most high-end apartments on this side of 500 Republica were equipped with a safe room and an alternate exit. If he could just reach it…

With the woman currently engaged with the advancing troopers – was that a lightwhip? – Aryan took advantage of the distraction to shuffle toward the distant wall of the study on his hands and knees, angling for a display case that contained various military accolades and personal trinkets. Behind this elaborate showcase was the reinforced room he was seeking.

Before reaching his goal, however, he was sidetracked by two small voices calling to him from somewhere nearby.

“Aryan? Are you okay?”

“Dad!”

At first, he thought he was only imagining it; perhaps the stress from the past few days were having a bigger impact on his emotional state than he realized. Of course, the lack of sleep probably wasn’t helping matters either. But once he actually stopped to allow his eyes to trace the source of the sound, he discovered that the comlink had survived the initial attack and it was still active – Lyzia and Arek had witnessed the entire thing.

Relief flooded his body as Aryan scrambled for the comm and clenched it in his grip, taking a moment to simply breathe and press the small device against his chest in a protective embrace. He then clipped it to his lapel to facilitate his escape.

“Shh...I’m fine,” he answered hurriedly into the device, his voice a gravelly whisper. “Listen, Lyz, there’s a...situation, if I don’t--” He inwardly winced, thinking better of his words and started again. “If this doesn’t end well, I need you to save this transmission and get it to the proper authorities, both here and with the Republic. Someone is trying to sabotage the peace talks, and I have no idea how far it goes.”

Aryan pushed away from his hiding place and continued forward, finally reaching the display case and pressing himself against the wall adjacent to a computer panel. “There’s probably more of them...Emperor’s Hands. She was masquerading as one of my aides. I haven’t seen Sentan since this morning, so he may already be compromised.”

Inhaling deeply, he paused for the retina scan and began to type the access code into the panel. An indicator light beside the pad soon turned green. “I’ll stay with you for as long as I can…or until I get out of here. I’m at the ‘bunker’ now.”

Hopefully it’s not already too late, he thought as the door slid aside.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: ISB Officer Blaise
    Skirmish above Alderaan

The HWK and yacht had proven irritating, and comm chatter indicated that he had Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Leia Skywalker here, which probably explained why his fighter screen was gone and he had a hole in his ship.

And then the Devastator arrived, and ISB Officer Blaise grinned behind his scout trooper helmet. He wore it to blend in all the better with the armed forces, and to conceal himself beneath the implied derision applied to scouts by officers and Stormtroopers both. Blaise opened a channel to the Jedi and Senator, and to the Star Destroyer, noting the TIEs, and the rapidly closing space between the planet and the two Jedi ships. Ah yes; the planetary shields. Alderaan had a bank of defences strong enough to withstand a fleet, and was self-sufficient enough to survive a siege.

Blaise knew distances however and they were going to be in range of the Destroyer’s weapons and tractor beams long enough they made it to the shield envelope, and nobody would risk Aldera City itself for two ships. Other ships, including the Alderaanian fighters had been coming up and around the planet to supply aid, dove beneath the projected shield perimeter.

Savouring his triumph, Blaise spoke to the ships and Destroyer. ‘You’re not going to make it, Skywalker; Kenobi.’

‘This is Grand Admiral Gentis,’ came a stiff voice across the comms. ‘No, you’re not.’

[​IMG]

A moment later turbolaser fire converged on and destroyed the Carrion Spike, and Blaise had about enough time to register his surprise before he was gone. The TIEs held their position out of range of the HWK and yacht, and the Destroyer immediately began to manoeuvre away from the planet, pulling into a higher orbit.

‘My apologies, General Skywalker, General Kenobi, Senator Amidala,’ said the Imperial, sharply. ‘The Hands, Prophets and Inquisitors have gone rogue, and along with them portions of the Intelligence apparatus. The peace accords have generally been unpopular in those circles, but we had not expected them to put together such a coordinated response so quickly.’ The Destroyer continued to pull back, and Alderaan Control announced an extension to the shield being raised to enable them to head beneath.

‘We shall withdraw to a support position, out of the traversed lanes of approach. If you require anything, let us know. I have a shuttle of the 501st prepared to launch, if you require any assistance.’

Padme reached over her daughters shoulder to open a channel. ‘Thank you, Grand Admiral. In the circumstances, please stand-off, and when we have dealt with the intruders in the Palace we will get back in touch.’

As if on cue, a Mon Calamari cruiser arrived in-system, it’s graceful bumps a countermeasure to the angular Imperial Star Destroyer. It was the Home One, the Republic flagship, and it immediately shifted itself between the planet and the Destroyer, the line of TIE fighters fleeing back to the Devastator. Padme addressed the cruiser. ‘Admiral Ackbar, hold fire - Grand Admiral Gentis was assisting us in resolving a situation in orbit, but we’re heading down to the Palace - there is a rogue Imperial commando team and the Palace is out of contact.’ Padme eyed her daughter, and then Kenobi. ‘Keep your men clear, there is a Dark Jedi in the Palace, probably two, knowing how they operate nowadays. I have General Kenobi with me and he and my husband will arrest them.’

A slight pause. ‘Acknowledged, Senator Amidala. May the Force be with you all.’

She ended the transmission, and Captain Panaka went to speak. Cutting him off swiftly, Padme spoke up. ‘We don’t have time. We have two of the most accomplished Jedi in the galaxy here. We’re best placed to deal with this.’

Now they were beneath the shield envelope, the dark side had two defined points. Both were in the Royal wing, but one was holding the entrance from the centre of the Palace, and the other was stalking towards a commotion in the Force in the area known as the planning salon on their drawings. Jamming overlapped across the Palace - the Imperials must have brought a generator for a ground based jammer, rather than rely upon the Spike.

‘Coming, husband of mine?’ Padme nudged her daughter to head to Palace. ‘The galaxy may as well know that you’re back with your typical mission - saving royalty.’ In spite of how scared and shaken she was, Padme was smiling, and she knew that as long as she had her husband and Kenobi beside her - a pairing that had triumphed the Clone Wars - that they could get through this.

On the surface, of course, the selfsame story was also evident. Feyna threw the blaster to Bail, who swiftly fired at the two other troopers; all four were downed, though the room was looking worse for wear. Bail rushed over to her, crouching down beneath the desk, whispering in spite of himself. ‘That was some quick thinking, daughter. Good work. Now all we need to do is find your mother and then we can move to secure the Palace -‘

A noise like a rush of movement sounded out, and the desk whirled away, an invisible fist slamming between the two of them and splitting them apart. Bail slid across the ground, dropping his blaster, while another invisible hand swept Feyna up and threw her into the far wall. A man in black leathers was walking down the corridor to the planning salon, looking amused.

[​IMG]

‘The newly christened Senator Organa, and her father, architect of Rebellion and chaos.’ Bail scrabbled to his knees, pointedly looking at the blaster that Feyna had dropped in the scuffle, and lunging for his rifle. The Dark Jedi - what else could he be? - flicked his finger and the rifle leapt into the air, away from Bail, but he did nothing to Feyna’s weapon. Bail glanced for the other dropped rifles, and the one levitating abruptly reversed course and smashed into his forehead, sending him backwards with a grunt.

A second hand rose, and the two gloves hands clawed, parting, and the rifle ripped in two. ‘I am Qaga Lok, and sickened to say that I am Alderaanian by descent. Perhaps I have some royal blood in me. Perhaps not. But nobility is a something that my family abandoned years ago... but not the Force.’

He turned his hand, and the table made a loud splintering noise, a shard of wood becoming free-floating. His attention was entirely upon Bail, and then, split even further as his comlink. ‘Lok, this is Azrakel.’

[​IMG]

‘You’ve lifted the jamming?’ Lok‘s voice was accusatory.

‘Just between our comlinks, of course.’ The other speaker sounded irritated. ‘The Spike is gone, and we will have incoming soon. The central hall is clear.’

‘We knew this was a quick in and out, idiot, was that worth interrupting my fun with the Prince Consort?’

‘Whatever, Lok. I’m just letting you know that I’m going for the Queen. Which means that the guards can reach your position. Don’t enjoy yourself too much.’

The line loudly clicked silent, and Lok sighed. ‘I suppose I should just be done with it.’

You see, this little Dark Jedi Rebellion, as it would be known, reflected events some nineteen years ago on Coruscant, where Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and three Jedi Masters attempted to arrest Chancellor Palpatine, resulting in the Dark Lord of the Sith’s death. Mas Amedda had taken up the reins and enacted Order 66, and inherited control of a mass of Dark Jedi that Palpatine had been secretly been training. His first Hands, being young infants, his first Inquisitors, corrupted during the Clone Wars, and the Prophets of the Dark Side, who he had struck up an alliance with in the early years after he had taken Darth Tyranus as his apprentice.

Mas Amedda had managed to play the Grand Inquisitor, High Inquisitor Jerec, Supreme Prophet Kadann and Emperor’s Hand Cronal against each other, with him as the pliable and weak politician - the front man of the Empire. Now, however, with peace ahead, the Dark Jedi had no place in the future, and so, they had struck. Some of these attacks had begun days ago, secretly. Now they were spreading to Alderaan, Naboo, and Coruscant. The Dark Jedi Rebellion had been fought in the shadows between the Empire and its Dark Jedi, and now it was to reach its climax.

And not just on Alderaan, but above the room of Luke Skywalker, the Jedi team darted into high orbit, abandoning Mace and Chirrut and Baze to a duel to the death. Luke sought to use the Dark Troopers against Mara Jade, but they were not droids as he assumed, but in-fact humans, trained to an inch of their life’s. They paused the crossfire, but Mara would be blocking their path of fire so stopped between them. The troopers held fire, rifles ready, and she had her weapon ignited, prepared.

‘If I charge now, you’re going to be so busy deflecting shots that you’re going to be overwhelmed right up to the point when I cut you down.’ She paid no heed to the fight on the upper balcony. Brandl could handle himself, even if there was a Jedi up there.

Mara made a mental note of the hole in the glass; if Luke leapt for it, she would be able to stop him, but at the same point, if she charged him he would be able to jump free unless she was fast enough. Arguably they were at an impasse.

As long as she did not slowly walk forward, and close the space between them. Mara stepped forward, glass momentarily crunching under her boot.

This was going to be a quick end.

Not just on Naboo, but in the offices of Aryan Graul. The head of the Imperial Peace Committee, the so-called ‘Imperial face of peace.’

Shira Brie twirled, and spun, her lightwhip ill-equipped to deflect blasters and so she launched herself into the fray, spinning in the air and weaving the weapon around her. Energy met armour met flesh met bone, screams echoing out in the office, permeating the walls of the Senators safe room, the echo of gun fire causing a staccato drumming and the beat of fleeing civilian aides a thrum to the floor.

Eventually, silence.

His wife and son had listened with him, whispering to him sweet lines. His comlink vibrated with an incoming call - Chancellor Mon Mothma, on their most secure line. To talk to her was to mute his wife and son. Sentan Moor was hailing him on another line, repeatedly, but one would imagine it was easier to ignore the aide who had inadvertently hired an Emperor’s Hand.

Lyz spoke up. “It’s gone quiet, Arek. We can hang up now, it’s all over.”

“No, I want to know Dad is okay. Dad? Is it alright?”

A melodious chuckle rippled through the apartment, a kind of amusement which was almost as if a wind chime. “Senator Graul, I have an appointment, I am afraid. You would not want to be late for the most important HoloNet address of your life, would you?”

It was Shira Brie.

She had survived.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (updated tag), @DarkLordoftheFins, @JediMasterAnne, @HanSolo29, @Lawbreaker, @BobaMatt (tag response pending), @QueenSabe7 (tag response pending)
    —-
    IC: Chewbacca
    Mimban, settling in the mouth of the cave route to the Temple of Pomojema

The Wookiee settled the Falcon with Han, regarding the vicinity. They were under cover, but Chewbacca intended to take no risks. While Han dug into the ships guts, Chewbacca headed outside the YT-1300 and threw camouflage nets over the upper hull of the ship. The cave was massive, deep, even, and seemed to have been carved out of the mountain by something large, and, if the denuding was any evidence, natural. Chewbacca knew of such borrowing creatures on his homeworld, but not to this scale. As he regarded the walls of the cave, he knew that his eyes could not pierce deep into the depths, such was the distance.

It was while embracing his animal nature that he saw it. One of the portions of stone dropped from the upper wall, detaching and falling to the floor. Chewbacca, some distance away, had expected a loud crash, but instead the stone fell, impossibly, lightly, making very little noise.

It shortly shook itself free of its rocky exterior, and as it did so Chewbacca barely made out the glint of a black hide before it vanished into the shadow. The Wookiee held still, attuning himself to the dark, to the noise.

Nothing.

Conscious that he needed to get back inside before Han electrocuted himself, Chewbacca turned, and suddenly a thought occurred to him. Rushing up the ramp, he ignored whatever Han was saying and tapped into the sensors, ignoring that, if he was not careful, using such detection would reveal where they were hid. He growled.

Sure enough, that human, Rouser, had headed into the depths. He was going wandering, jauntily, and had no idea of what was coming his way. Chewbacca had not paid much attention to Mimbanese animals, having zero desire to return to the world after having been imprisoned here a good decade before, and he found no immediate references that matched the creature he had seen -

No, wait.

A click lead to an obscure unverified scientific report, on an aborted expedition to the Temple of Pomojema in the Republic era. The entry was one from Chewbacca’s old, old, old Wookiee network. It was pre-Clone Wars, and passed to friends of the Jedi Order, as the Council had intended to investigate the report.

A hsiss.

A dark side dragon.

Native to Korriban, homeworld of the Sith species, otherwise known as Moraband, Pesegam, and a host of other names for a Bad Place.

[​IMG]

Chewbacca roared for Han’s attention, grabbing his bowcaster and letting the Corellian know that they had to go, that Rouser was in danger. That they would be in danger, unless they hunted the creature down.

For Rouser himself, mind you, the deeper he would enter the cave the problem of illumination would not be one that troubled him. The murals actually glowed. Impossibly so, actually. The golden paint seemed to have a life of its own, and it was, the script suggested, telling a creation myth.

When one birthed seven,
    One birthed four,
    And those four birthed many,
    All blighted and poor.

In our skies the Destructors met the Protectors,
    In our skies the Heart fell,
    In our skies Pomojema died,
    In our skies, the Coway tell.

The Protector was defeated,
    Canu reined over all,
    The Five became Three,
    The Darkness, undisturbed and full,

Trespass not,
    Unless on deaths door,
    Supplicate to the triumphant Old,
    Or you will be dead for sure.

A jaunty premonition, arguably. But centre to that little parable was a single image of the local, minor, deity which held the Kaiburr crystal - the first reference confirming that Rouser, was, indeed on the right path.

[​IMG]

Such as it was.

Back at the Circle of Hell, prominently thanks to AT-ATs corralling Coway warriors, but without much guidance from a rapidly disintegrating command structure, Linnett and Zey were trading fire with innumerable Mudtroopers alongside Ka’rta and the Coway. The triumvirate faded into the swamps, vanishing with their honour guard, while the AT-ST marched forward.

‘Get down!’ Goran shouted access the Mandalorian’s comms, and he dove into the fray, blasting the AT-ST walker and pulling up, his shields peeling back as a distant AT-AT drew a bead on him. Van swapped in, taking shots on his forward shields to protect Goran, and then they were out of range. As the walker dropped, it caused a mass of slaves, warriors and troopers crying out as its burning corpse exploded, adding even more confusion to the retreat.

But their charmed luck did not follow through for Linnett. A Mudtrooper, assault rifle levelled, stitched a powerful shot across her forehead, hurtling her partially up the ramp to the Osik. Linnett would be conscious, but lucid was another thing. It was a bad head wound, and she had been thrown bodily to the ramp, skull-first. A concussion was the least of their worries.

Zey cried out, rushing up the ramp. ‘Linnett!’ The violence was reaching an uproar, but the Coway were up the ramp as Ven, blaster in each hand, covered them from the top of the ramp. ‘Ka’rta, I’ve got this. Get us into orbit before the AT-ATs catch up.’

Another Coway, a woman adorned in human skeletons, lifted a pair of goggles from her eyes. ‘I am Bladeborn in your tongue. I can show you the way, Sky-Walker.’ The Coway headed towards the cockpit, as her comrades fired shots from their spears or stolen rifles.

Ven chuckled to himself, and Zey, a Jedi Master undercover, would have wondered about that name, but he was too focused on his Padawan. ‘Mandalorian,’ he snapped at Ka’rta. ‘Where is your medbay!’

Ven sniggered. Ka’rta was not going to like that. Most of the Coway were bare foot, too, traipsing mud through her ship. What a day. ‘AT-AT has turned towards you,’ shouted Goran, ‘Get up!’

Ven winced in spite of himself. Not at the AT-AT, but at Goran. ‘There’s no need to shout over comms!’

‘Guys, I have someone claiming to be a Sun Guard on the line,’ said Van, suspiciously. ‘Demanding to be put through to Ka’rta. Calling himself Owen? He’s the yellow armoured di’kut trying to outrun that AT-AT.’

‘When it rains, it pours, eh?’ Ven joked to himself as he looked down the ramp, using the sight in his blaster to pick out the Sun Guard. A rival mercenary group at the best of days, or the reminder of a four millennia old feud which a Sith had ended abruptly. Either way, Ven was ready to shoot the guy.

TAG: @galactic_vagabond422, @RachelTyrell, @Jerjerrod Lennox, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kaleesh-Cyborg (outstanding tag), @MASTER Vo’Un’Var (outstanding tag)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia, on Alderaan

the swift-moving events - the arrival of the Devastator and then Home One -- the focal points of Darkness on the ground -- these would've fazed a leader of less poise and intelligence than Senator Amidala, Leia thought with admiration, striving to maintain a similar unruffled air of efficient readiness.

Leia made sure her 'saber was close at hand.

She, like her mother, was confident with Kenobi and her father as defenders. They would be more than a match for any so-called aspiring Dark Jedi.

It was her twin bond with Luke that was most troubling. She tried not to probe it too closely, not needing the distraction, but there was an overall sense of Luke being ... under some sort of attack? She couldn't pinpoint it precisely, but there was an unsettled chaotic tambre to his presence. She couldn't do anything about it, she concluded. When things settled, she'd try to contact him over a safe comm. Doubtless, their father would also want to check in at that point.

@DarkLordoftheFins \ @Sinrebirth

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Mimban

Madelyn heard the shot before it hit her.

The searing pain the followed wasn't one she had experienced before, and it hurt worse then anything she had ever felt. Madelyn realised that she soon couldn't see, warmth covering her eyes as she struggled to get up and wipe it away, only for her hands to be covered with blood. Master. She thought, and with her head pounding Madelyn tried to grip the deck, only fir her hands to fall limp next to her. I have to move. I have to-

She grunted with pain, dazed. Madelyn wanted someone to help her, but with the battle raging around her she realised she might have to partially help herself. I have....move. Madelyn repeated to herself once again, but lay there exhausted, blood seeping into her shirt. Head wounds bleed... worst. She recalled from one of the younglings lessons she had been attending. Stopping the bleeding is important. If the skull...fractured, swelling must...reduced. But I don't know if it is...Madelyn cried out as another wave of pain hit her, then nausea.

Master...

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 @RachelTyrell @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Kaleesh-Cyborg @Master Vo'Un'Var

19. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Qi’ra
    Aboard the Aurora, in orbit above Coruscant. For now.

Qi’ra had thus far remained emotionless during her encounter with Sentan Moor, studying the man with practiced eyes. She knew that while the information he had to give would be sufficient and put to good use, that it still wouldn’t be whole; he would certainly evade the entire truth of things to keep himself important and valuable. Needed. A tactic that was to be expected and one she could appreciate to a point, though it would not prevent her from discarding him once he outlasted his use.

She never left a loose end unattended to.

Taking the datapad from him as he finished – the fear in his voice not missed, and enjoyed - she scrolled through lists of names, numbers and reports. Her mind started to formulate how best to leverage what she had in her hands, but found herself distracted from the attempt. Her focus felt strained, and she reached up to push the datapad over to Arb so she could ask Moor a few questions, perhaps pry out whatever he was hiding, but her subordinate was otherwise preoccupied.

Arb had just activated the display on the small table at the center of the room. Appearing from nothing, her eyes followed a lone man, crimson blade flashing with life, as he was cut down in a heavy assault on the planet surface far below.

The two men beside her expressed their concerns, but Qi’ra was suddenly too enthralled to respond to either. She slowly lowered herself to a chair directly across from the table just as the Emperor forced his way upon the screen, looking – or acting – wounded and in pain.

“This is the Emperor. The Dark Jedi enforcers known as the Hands and Inquisitors have attempted to seize control of the Empire. High Inquisitor Jerec, Supreme Prophet Kadann and Emperor’s Hand Cronal have been killed after an attempt on my life. Other Dark Jedi are on the run, and should be considered highly dangerous.”

How curious, she mused, staring off at nothing for a moment. “And unexpected,” she added aloud, though her voice would be barely audible to the others.

The Dark Jedi, Inquisitors, the Emperor’s Hands – an intriguing faction that carried with it a great deal of mystery, ones Qi’ra had found to be worth her attention. They were whispers and ghosts, their identities and objectives being secrets of a very high order. Only those with specific clearances would be privy to anything concrete. Though of course, the Lady of Crimson Dawn didn’t need an official clearance to discover what it was she wanted to know.

“… back to Aryan.” Sentan Moor’s words broke into her thoughts and she peered up at him, brow raised inquisitively. “I was going to tell Aryan that I was reviewing applicants to be aides, but I’ll need someone to corroborate that, in the circumstances. Is there any woman you trust in your organization on short notice? Aryan is always a sucker for a pretty lady… Especially a red head.”

She smirked, allowing an ounce of amusement. Men were consistently the most predictable creatures, weren’t they? So simple, so easy to manage.

“I should shoot you just for that, making our Lady into mere eye candy.”

She simply leaned back and watched the little exchange as Arb drew his blaster, taking their spy’s words as some sort of tangible threat upon her femininity.

An idiot, through and through.

“What do you know?”

“Cronal asked me to accept an applicant as a personal favour to him - I could hardly say no.”

“What was her name?”

“Elan Colla.”

At that name, one she recognized immediately, Qi’ra laughed lightly once while rising gracefully back to her feet. “Now, now, Arb, there’s no need,” she chided her man as she stepped between the pair without regard for the weapon that was still in use, facing the other. “Mr. Moor, seems you hired much more than a pretty face for your boss. If... you weren't already aware...” Her smile was almost snide, but she managed to soften it just enough.

“Yes, you might want to get back to him as quickly as possible. If he is still alive, that is.” A taunt, but more of a statement of fact knowing what she did about the woman in question. One she intended to see with her own eyes.

“In fact,” she added, feigning surprise at an abrupt idea that was anything but. “Why don’t we all go? The good senator's safety is of the utmost importance, after all.”

Qi’ra glanced over her should to Arb. “Get us out of orbit and into atmosphere, Lieutenant. 500 Republica, to be precise. Weapons primed and at the ready.”

20. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    General Grievous
    En Route to Mimban

Grievous turns back toward the three prisoners the instant Volta makes a comment that causes him to see red. So his first instincts were correct; it had been an attempted setup. The General will have none of that.

His lightsabers are blazing as quickly as Volta can pull the trigger. He comes toward them like a freight train, a deadly glow in his eyes. Naturally, he is targeting the self-proclaimed leader of this band of nuisances and he is almost close enough to lop Baron Cirvan’s head off when a blast from the Force pushes him back, talons screeching across the floor in protest.

The General collides with a random unfortunate battle droid who “had his back”, so to speak. That droid gets his back all right. And is destroyed in a shower of sparks as it gets crushed between Grievous and the wall he is driven into.

“Very clever, Cirvan,” he coughs, straightening and coming forward again, “And yet, very stupid. Do not expect your comrades or yourself to be leaving this ship alive.”

He gives a silent gesture for another squadron of IG droids to surround them while an outer circle of B1s close in behind the IGs, blasters trained on the upstarts. They may have had the element of surprise but a moment ago; however, all of that is gone now. The General and his droids are well aware. Grievous comes ever closer to Baron Cirvan. He strikes like lightning on the one who has called down the thunder.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

21. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    Naboo...

Mace stood on the edge of the landing ramp and called back. "Master Vos!"

"Yeah, Master Windu?"

"Take care of my ship!"

"Attachment is not the Jedi way!"

"Shut up or I'll bust you down to padawan!" And with that he jumped.

Perhaps not through the skylight - well, not one that had been built in. Windu felt the wind whip at his robes as he landed in the bedroom blown open in the fray. Looking back up at the sky, he saw the dark Jedi who had thrown his blade, and readied his lightsaber. He barked orders to the Guardians: "You tend to the troopers and locate the Skywalker boy. I'll guard your back from...this fellow." Chirrut and Baze nodded and broke off, disappearing through a door way. Mace could hear the deep percussion of Baze's blaster, and knew they'd joined the fray.

"Funny," Windu called out to the balcony. "I don't recognize you from before the war. You must be new to all this. Hope you don't mind we dropped in."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @LordTroepfchen

22. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Royal Palace, Aldera, Alderaan

Things went from tentatively okay, to very, very bad, in a matter of seconds.

Something like an invisible fist seized her and threw her against the wall, while her father was shoved to the other side of the room, both of them dropping their weapons in the process.

The wind knocked out of her, Feyna fell to the floor as their assailant made his entrance—a Dark Jedi; Feyna had spent enough time around the Skywalkers to recognize a Force-user when she saw one, and no light Jedi would be behind this.

Her father tried to reach for the blaster he had dropped, but the Dark Jedi pulled it away, then struck Bail in the head with it before breaking it in two with his Force powers. Bail fell back from the force of the blow, but though he was clearly dazed, he seemed to be still alive.

Their attacker—who had identified himself as Qaga Lok—flexed his hand again and ripped a large fragment of wood from the planning table. What he needed it for…Feyna had her suspicions.

But Lok was interrupted by his partner calling his comlink. Great, there are two of them. And the other one was looking for her mother.

They are going to kill us all. And Lok was not coming across as the merciful sort. The rebuke to his partner seemed to confirm her fears: “Was that worth interrupting my fun with the Prince Consort?”

Feyna had to do something. She wasn’t much of a match against a Force-user, but Lok’s partner (Azrakel?) had said they would “have incoming soon,” so someone was coming, and the Dark Jedi no longer controlled the Palace entrance. If she could stall him long enough for help to arrive, they might have a chance.

Between his focus on her father and the distraction from his partner, Lok seemed to have forgotten about Feyna, and he had neglected to destroy her blaster, which lay just a few feet away. His back was turned to her.

What she was about to do was either insanely bold, or insanely stupid—Probably both, she realized—but it was definitely desperate and definitely dangerous. But she could think of no other option.

Lok shut off his comlink, giving what sounded like a disappointed sigh. “I suppose I should just be done with it.”

Now or never.

Feyna lunged for her blaster, pointed it at Lok, and fired.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  23. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Mimban

Ka'rta hissed between her teeth when her missile did nothing but annoy the AT-ST. It might of bought them a moment but, in that moment Goran roared over the coms causing her to wince under her helm. Did he have to scream every time? She kept her supressive fire up as the other mandalorian's ship came swooping in delivering a crushing blow to the walker. As the towering AT-AT turned it's head drawing a bead on the craft Van stepped in using his shields to block some incoming fire from the hulking mass of metal. So the cannons weren't completely deadly. Not that Ka'rta wanted to find out for herself.

Beside her the young woman, kid really by the look of her took a hit across the forehead, not through it thankfully. Her body was thrown to the deck doing a sickening bounce. It would be shocking if Ka'rta cared one bit for this person. She didn't they were a meal ticket certainly but, it was their own damn fault for spending time saving others and not herself. Those others would be another conversation she would have to have.

The other Conway had piled in leaving muddy bare footprints on her deck. It was clean only a few scuffs now it was caked in thick mud.

"Ka’rta, I’ve got this. Get us into orbit before the AT-ATs catch up." She turned her head a sneer under her face plate. He didn't get to order her around, this was her ship and her job.

"I am Bladeborn, in your tongue." A woman dressed in what was definitely a skeleton, a human one spoke pulling Ka'rta's gaze. The other woman's appearance would be off putting if there weren't other issues. "I can show you the way, Sky-Walker."

"Then get up there, up the ramp and on the right." She shouted over the din of combat. Falling back she turned her head to the older man rushing to his compatriot.

"Mandalorian," he snapped at Ka’rta. "Where is your medbay!"

Another hiss slipped between her teeth, more orders and now she had blood to clean up too. This mission was getting worse all the time.

"Up the ramp take a left just past the bunks." That room didn't start out as a medbay...it was barely even that. It was a extra little storage space that she repurposed after one too many close calls. It wasn't spacious, barely enough room for an examination table, medical supplies and a medic to use them. By Ka'rta's estimation the other woman would need just a bacta patch and some rest. "You owe me for this." she said to the older man. This was above and beyond her verbal contract, compensation would be paid.

"AT-AT has turned towards you," the youngest mandalorian shouted, again, "Get up!"

"There’s no need to shout over comms!" Ven replied chastising their junior associate.

Ka'rta was making her way up the ramp, half dragging the limp body of Linnette up with her until a message came through.

"Guys, I have someone claiming to be a Sun Guard on the line," Van spoke, his voice was cautious as if he didn't trust this Sun Guard. Not too strange, there was bad blood between the mandalorians and Sun Guards going back millennia. Though she did know one Sun Guard that she'd grown close to.. "Demanding to be put through to Ka’rta. Calling himself Owen? He’s the yellow armoured di’kut trying to outrun that AT-AT."

"That damn old man." she cursed under her breath lowering her rangefinder to get a better look. Sure enough there he was bounding through the muck, trying to outrun the Imperial war machine.

"When it rains, it pours, eh?" Ven said getting Ka'rta's attention. Sweeping her gaze in his direction she saw him leveling a blaster in the direction of a man she would proudly call her uncle.

She stalked over to her fellow mandalorian and drove her blaster under his chin.

"Stow that weapon before I end you di'kut." She didn't pause before replying to Van, "Patch him through to me." Once the connection was established, she shook her head. "What are you doing old man." Ka'rta was already on the move plan forming in her head. It was going to be close, very close but, this was her family.

"Keep running, I'm coming to you." She said finally dropping into the pilot's chair. It took more work that she was expecting, nearly having to put the repulsors under full power just to pull the skids from the mud. Coming around she slammed the throttle forward moving with all due haste toward Owen.

Wind whipped and whistled through the open boarding ramp as the Oisk glided just above the muddy surface.

"Ven," She hissed through the comm channel the Mandalorians were using, "Get ready to pick that Sun Guard up...If you mess this up I will throw your shebs off my ship." She cast her gaze over her shoulder to Bladeborn, "We'll get to your temple just making a detour." Angling her freshly charged shields, and her ship she could take a few hits from that metal monstrosity, she just hoped it was enough. "Everyone hang on," she called out through the ship's PA system, "This is going to get a little rough."

"K'oyacyi, Owen, k'oyacyi." She said under her breath meaning every syllable of that word.

Stay Alive.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Alderaan Palace

Anakin made it under the shield and ignored the Empire's explanations for now. He stayed in the here and now, concentrating through the force on the battle below. Bail and his daughter were pinned down at the in an area. That was where the first of both Dark Jedi was. The Dark Jedi was trying to kill them. The second was farther out, therefore closer to Padme and Obi-Wan. He felt the urge to go to Leia and Padme, but with a single breath he overcame this urge ... it meant sacrificing Bail and Feyna and he would never allow that.

Instead of slowing down when he entered the orbit he accelerated as he entered atmosphere using the gravity and opened a channel to his wife and daughter.

"I see the not-landing-order did not exactly go through. Leia, take your mom back to the ship and get her two hundred meters above the scene." He hissed out and as he felt the traction of gravity and the place grew larger by the second. He pushed in full reverse thrusters and ordered the integrated droid to go to hovering mode once they reached a stable position above the palace.

"Obi-Wan, I leave the one near you to you. I will go safe Bail." Anakin stood up, took his lightsaber from his belt and marked the spot in the roof. "Fire on my command." He ordered the droid. "Now!"

He leaped downwards, just in time to use the hole his droid was about to shoot into the ceiling of the palace to enter.

He dropped right between the Dark Jedi and his prey, his fall dampened by the force. The lightsaber hissed into existence and he straightened himself. With a wave of his hand he send a force wave to scatter the furniture the Dark Jedi had just lifted. Then he turned to the leather wearing man.

"Go ahead, make my day." He hissed.

This was the Dark Jedi's sole chance to surrender. Anakin started to approach him, to reflect that simple reality.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @JediMasterAnne

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Alderaan Orbit and Surface

Anakin made it under the shield and ignored the Empire's explanations for now. He stayed in the here and now, concentrating through the force on the battle below. Bail and his daughter were pinned down at the in an area. That was where the first of both Dark Jedi was. The Dark Jedi was trying to kill them. The second was farther out, therefore closer to Padme and Obi-Wan. He felt the urge to go to Leia and Padme, but with a single breath he overcame this urge ... it meant sacrificing Bail and Feyna and he would never allow that.

Instead of slowing down when he entered the orbit he accelerated as he entered atmosphere using the gravity and opened a channel to his wife and daughter.

"I see the not-landing-order did not exactly go through. Leia, take your mom back to the ship and get her two hundred meters above the scene." He hissed out and as he felt the traction of gravity and the place grew larger by the second. He pushed in full reverse thrusters and ordered the integrated droid to go to hovering mode once they reached a stable position above the palace.

"Obi-Wan, I leave the one near you to you. I will go safe Bail." Anakin stood up, took his lightsaber from his belt and marked the spot in the roof. "Fire on my command." He ordered the droid. "Now!"

He leaped downwards, just in time to use the hole his droid was about to shoot into the ceiling of the palace to enter.

He dropped right between the Dark Jedi and his prey, his fall dampened by the force. The lightsaber hissed into existence and he straightened himself. With a wave of his hand he send a force wave to scatter the furniture the Dark Jedi had just lifted. Then he turned to the leather wearing man.

"Go ahead, make my day." He hissed.

This was the Dark Jedi's sole chance to surrender. Anakin started to approach him, to reflect that simple reality.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @JediMasterAnne

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.