main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I think JJ's gonna have to pull out all the stops for iX. He simply cannot afford to let the Saga die on a dismal note.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  3. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    This teaser did not work for me at all. It made me realise that I dont care for this triology at all... Ich dont know, there was surely potential but after two movies I'm not connected with any of the new characters.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One thing the trailer did NOT do was give any idea of high stakes.

6. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    Enjoyed the trailer for the general vibe and for the mysteries it's created, but I do feel it's less 'substantial' in terms of content than the other two teasers. It's kind of understandable really, as for TFA in particular, we didn't really know anything so they could show more without spoiling the movie, but now they need to be more careful.

Because I've got too much time on my hands, I did a bit of analysis...all three trailers were around 2 mins long, TROS had more individual shots than the others, but showed us less actual different scenes.

TFA: 25 shots, 18 scenes
    TLJ: 23 shots, 16 scenes
    TROS: 29 shots, 12 scenes

Yeah, I should probably get out more.

moxlox, Trooper100471 and Lost_Hope like this.
  7. qui-gon-chan

qui-gon-chan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2018
  8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, if I had a nickel for every time a Jedi jumped over a TIE fighter at high speed...

Trikuza23 likes this.
  9. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    After the Sidious cackle and the subsequent title reveal I suddenly thought of ROTS.

In the latter Sidious “Knights “ Anakin as Vader with “Riiise” .

That was the Rise of Vader.

Cheers!

MJ

10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    You lost me. How does that relate to my post?

11. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    I guess they think flipping over a TIE fighter creates a sense of high stakes?

12. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    That's the genius part of it; it doesn't give away the movie's ending or central theme, unlike the previous two finales.

13. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    How embarrassing.

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Clint Eastwood was right.

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Not sure what Clint Eastwood said, but anyone who TRULY responds like that (without acting) would never post it on youtube.

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I can't repeat here what Eastwood said.

17. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Count down to Silent Bob crying, again, over, another, experience, of, Disney, Star, Wars.

eko32eko7 and cerealbox like this.
  18. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Reaction videos has totally lost its relevance. Now, most of them are «acted out» by influencers that does everything to get people to subscribe to their channels. I did cry for a second during the teaser myself, but c`mon....

The fun thing would be if his mother came in at the time he is watching it, and its a sacred moment for him, he has waited 40 years for this, and his mothers screams out he must turn the sound down. He gets pretty messed up and angry that she destroyed this moment, he turn around, and then act like Clint Eastwood....shoots her.!!

Sooorry. My type of humour.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  19. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    It shows how terrible Johnson's writing was for TLJ. If no one's ever gone, who cares if people die. Who cares if planets are blown up and billions of people die. No one is ever really gone.

eko32eko7 and Vic and Bob like this.
  20. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I didn't think it was possible to miss the point so badly.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Um, the line wasn’t meant to be taken literally in TLJ. He was talking to Leia about Kylo’s moral failure, and whether or not he could be redeemed.

22. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    To understand that no one's really ever gone requires a little bit of spirituality, which is very rare nowadays.

23. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    This type of content is put through numerous processes to elicit ASMR and purge of cathexis. Music and delicate rarefied angelic sound foley is obviously part of the formula. The tactical pause. The fade. The opener thesis or protasis. The drum roll build up to some thunderous splendor. The closer apodosis. (If you want this, you will be there on opening night, or suitably proximate to opening weekend, but we'll also take first month.) There's a long multi volume manual how to craft this stuff. This can be done for any crap. Of course, it's pretty obvious for a number of movies when the implementer has simply nothing, at all, to work with. And so the clips are just people turning. ([face_laugh])

Vic and Bob and Theo333 like this.
  24. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    It was satire, clearly. Or a joke, take your pick

eko32eko7 likes this.
  25. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    A few questions/observations about the trailer:

1) When Rey backflips onto Kylo's fighter, why does the ground suddenly change from desert to grassland?

2) On the blue-tinged foggy mountain planet, as the rock-top lit-up cities are revealed in the distance, is snow blowing in the foreground?

3) The topography of the desert rocks Poe and Finn are observing from reminds me of the Boonta Eve Podrace.

4) I don't think D-O got quite the introduction the panel was hoping for at Celebration. Yes he is cute enough in his own way, but how will they make more time for R2-D2 and C3PO if BB-8 now has his own sidekick?

5) I love the speeder/barge scene with Poe and Finn, and agree it might be showing the consequences of a trap the Resistance sets on Tatooine; would this be early in the film, with the heroes arriving to obtain the help of the Hutts, Lando, or even someone/something else?